Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

Ugh, this quatrimestre is shaping up to be very stressful. Like half the classes ask for a final proyect... now if only I could've gotten the same people as teammates for every proyect in order to just work on one that could be presented in all classes... but sadly, the team that is doing precisely that, is not the one I'm in.

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

1 hour ago, bling said:

partially cuz i figure that no one cares/wants to see what i’m talkin abt and partially bc i feel safer and more secure when i feel like no one will see and therefore can cry about stupid things to my heart’s content

oh makes sense

i always open the spoilers though, so it might not be working that well

Spoiler

“Maybe if other fandoms weren't assholes to BTS and their fans first last year. BTS and ARMY were mocked for "begging" Western media for exposure even if ARMYs were defending of course they want publicity/exposure.

All of a sudden Western Validation is okay now? Sorry, but pave your own paths and promote your faves if you want it too. Aren't ARMY's roaches for going to every Youtube video promoting BTS? Now none of you want to do the roaching but want the harvest?

sure we look like assholes now but we're not blocking you guys or your faves, just that you gotta put in the work as well (contact media, radio stations one by one...do you know what the fanbases went thru calling DJs 60 hours a week and getting cussed by them...other kpop fandoms calling ARMYs names and mocking because they were chasing for the exposure...sigh you guys dont even know the amount of spreadsheets, timezone coordination, logistics and communication ARMY put in to even make a dent)

BTS were nugus once too with a small fandom. If their fandom could rise from that, what makes other fandoms unable to? Being small or nugu or less popular isnt an excuse.”

THIS IS SO STUPID KPOP EXPOSURE IS GOOD FOR LITERALLY ALL KPOP FANDOMS WHY YALL GOTTA MAKE THIS INTO A FANWAR

6 minutes ago, bling said:

lmao thanks refa

for like everything tbh

no problem i'm great at spoiling things

although no one can spell the amazing logic in your last post, how could you disagree w/it?????

Spoiler

im so glad im not an exo-l any more tbh some armys are seriously so obnoxious

ee83b83d47.gif

exo-ls are vicious but i’d rather be brutally ripped apart than annoyed to death

Spoiler

refa on my sixteenth birthday i asked u kinda half-seriously to join music night and u agreed and even though u were like “it’s not a big deal” it absolutely made my day and even the couple birthdays i have had since becos the thought that i have a friend (we are friends i hope) besides damian who is willing to sit through music they may or may not enjoy and are definitely not obligated to listen to makes me really happy and i think about it a lot. maybe i am ridiculous and obsessive and annoyingly talkative abt kpop but once u willingly sat through an entire music night w me and damian where i alone chose the songs and you did not complain and it meant tons to me and i thanked u a lot that day but idt i conveyed exactly how happy it made me, thank u refa

22 hours ago, Hashuni Mei said:

ngl im getting pretty tense about it

ive been waiting WEEKS for a spot on 20000

22 hours ago, Hashuni Mei said:

now that ive revealed my expectation for it im probably gonna miss it

so is life

oh the bad hindsight for these....
im so sorry, mei

22 hours ago, Soledai said:

The shooting, I dunno, I only caught "got shot 3 times". The guy isn't a random though. we know him, so I wager that's why he came here. I saw him limping however, so I at least assume it was non-fatal.

The cut, my stomach, and it kinda hurts to bend.

The woman blood....... er, my niece's time, you know. >~>

Ah jeez. at least it isnt that....

that last one is understandable enough <~<

22 minutes ago, bling said:

REFA UR REAL COOL THANKS FOR EXISTING AND HUMORIN ME I APPRECIATE IT TONS BUT IM NOT GOOD AT EXPRESSING IT WOOPS

YEAH I AGREE I DID A GOOD JOB WITH ALL OF THOSE THINGS AND YOU DID A GOOD JOB EXPRESSING THAT GO US

I also found out the big secret to accepting compliments is pretending that someone else is being complimented.  Works every time!

15 minutes ago, bling said:
  Hide contents

refa on my sixteenth birthday i asked u kinda half-seriously to join music night and u agreed and even though u were like “it’s not a big deal” it absolutely made my day and even the couple birthdays i have had since becos the thought that i have a friend (we are friends i hope) besides damian who is willing to sit through music they may or may not enjoy and are definitely not obligated to listen to makes me really happy and i think about it a lot. maybe i am ridiculous and obsessive and annoyingly talkative abt kpop but once u willingly sat through an entire music night w me and damian where i alone chose the songs and you did not complain and it meant tons to me and i thanked u a lot that day but idt i conveyed exactly how happy it made me, thank u refa

No problem, most of the music I listen is at the recommendation of other people anyways.  If we're not friends, I'm going to have to remove you from my SF friend list that doesn't exist anymore!  TBH though, even if I don't enjoy the music, it's an interesting (and low commitment, which is important to me as a male!!!!) experience anyways, so I don't mind.  You're pretty obsessed about Kpop but that doesn't bother me at all.  As someone who's pretty repressed about generally everything, I can't help but be impressed by people who are openly passionate about things like you haha (well, as long as you don't become a stalker please don't do that Kim).  So don't worry about it, it is something I chose to do after all.  If I didn't want too, I wouldn't have done it!

wow i forgot how cute refa is

1 hour ago, Trisitei said:

oh the bad hindsight for these....
im so sorry, mei

it's alright 

tho it'd have been nice if my prediction was wrong

i missed the page twice bro

like how

3 minutes ago, Hashuni Mei said:

wow i forgot how cute refa is

it's alright 

like how

Hey Mei!

It's been a while.

12 minutes ago, Hashuni Mei said:

it's alright 

like how

/patpat

this is what happens when you suddenly turn your back on these people....
they sneak up on those milestones

Spoiler

evanesce is literally suju’s best b-side what the fuck i can’t believe i didn’t like this song three years ago BwpZKuH.png it’s actually perfection. gulliver who? shirt who?? runaway who??? rock n shine who???? the first story nuguseyo????? i only know evanescesus BwpZKuH.png like lemme whip up a short appreciation post for it real quick bc i’m kim:

1. ok i know i’m talkin abt the song but i must talk about this and get it out of the way: the music video is flawless. i am stunned that shindong directed the music video for both this is love and evanesce because the set is gorgeous and although both music videos use the same set and even same colouring more-or-less he totally changed the vibe of the evanesce video with the twigs and leaves and flickering lights!! i loved how both music videos began with kyuhyun opening the door and donghae exiting bc even though they were like yeah the same they were executed totally differently and MAN the way the focus transitions between each member in evanesce is amazin. the dance break with eunhyuk and han cholm is absolutely breathtaking and is hands down my favourite part of the music video!! the choreography is designed to look great from all angles so when the camera starts spinning around i’m always like WHOA FUCKIN SHITE eunhyuk is an exceptional dancer of course and i loved his and han cholm’s attention to detail (fingers wtf!!) but her elegance and control rly made the scene imo. again evanesce is hands-down my favourite music video cinematography-wise and i’m STILL amazed that it was directed by shindong bc the only other idol i know of who directs and edits her own music videos is amber, whose mv’s aren’t anything particularly unique. suju is versatile as fuuuuck

2. the fuckin. lyrics!! ok!! i usually disregard lyrics in love songs but wtf this song is actually a masterpiece in every way and that includes lyrically. plus the english title is a really beautiful word and has now become one of my favourites tbh, it’s so fleeting and delicate and suits the song to a tee BwpZKuH.png like ok i can’t put too much or otherwise i’d insert literally the entire song but here is the outro:

in the end, it’s all momentary,
love is only momentary
it’s just a passing dream,
i don’t want to wake up yet

a short daydream,
a daydream

like i said it has a very ephemeral vibe and i love the words ephemeral and fleeting and evanescence so i bet u can imagine how much i love this song BwpZKuH.png also the prior choruses ended earlier; the final one had this outro attached and it’s somewhat of an incomplete cadence which suits the lyrics that ride along with it

during the chorus one of the lines is “why does everything beautiful disappear” and that’s something that also applies outside of romance so i like it a lot. there’s also a part i adore near the end (령’s part!!) it doesn’t translate well to english lmao but it’s fine bc no one is gonna read this. he says “사람도 사랑도 나는 왜 깰 수 없는 건지” which translates to “why can’t i get both the person and the love” and that sounds DUMB as FUCK in english ok i told u but it’s very whoa to me bc ya a lot of kpop (pop??) songs are like “i love someone but they don’t love me back” and evanesce acknowledges that sometimes it’s the opposite, which i’ve only really seen in day6’s how can i say. sometimes u love someone and everything they do seems magical to u and then eventually the love fades and maybe that is more painful

above all i love how, unlike most other love songs i’ve seen, it talks in a less personal and more abstract and metaphorical way, which kinda adds to the ethereal and almost dreamlike feeling i guess?? it’s also gender neutral which tbh i value a lot in kpop songs and i couldn’t tell u why bc idk myself but yes i love it

3. ok i’m not a producer or w/e so idk how to professionally talk instruments and shit but i like...learned a bit from luna’s alphabet so there’s that. the beat is simple but it’s unique?? like it’s not the classic (u know wat i’m talking about i’m sure of it) and instead it’s a very resounding almost heartbeat-esque sound accompanied with something light during the verses that changes to something heavier during the chorus. this makes absolutely no sense but deal w me

the actual music is very very minimal so that the focus is instead on the members’ vocals—really the only things are the wave-like synths from the very beginning that maintain throughout the song + one or two additional synths during the choruses + a very faint guiding flute that’s inaudible outside of the instrumental—and even though yesung was absent from this song ryeowook and kyuhyun alone carried the song flawlessly vocal-wise. strongest vocal line in kpop indeed. donghae’s, sungmin’s, heechul’s, and leeteuk’s voices all suit the melancholy melody and since the complex layered harmonies are almost entirely carried out in falsetto they mesh together even better. cheers to whoever mixed the song

the harmonies can be heard clearly in the official everysing instrumental and they are spectacular of course (the bridge, kill me) but the real stars of the song are the adlibs which are unfortunately not included!! usually yesung is the ~king of adlibs~ in suju but since his voice is so heavy and soulful i really think ryeowook’s emotional style and kyuhyun’s sophisticated timbre executed them better in this song anyway. since i’m already here i may as well discuss the  vocals of the individual members:

4. i’ll start this off by saying that obviously suju is a large group and lines are inevitably distributed unevenly—not in a bad way obviously. siwon has no lines in this song and several members had only one or two lines entirely in falsetto, making their voices hard to distinguish. as such i will have more to write about some members than others, but i personally think that the parts in this song were well thought-out and distributed

leeteuk - echos in first chorus and falsetto in second chorus; even though he may not be as accomplished a vocalist as some other members he still managed to execute the former well solely through show of emotion imo. his breathing was awkward and could have been better but it fit the mood of the chorus so i don’t mind

heechul - second prechorus, echos in the second chorus; his voice is light and breathy so it fit the former well. as for the latter, same situation as leeteuk, although his voice fits better and i appreciate his breath technique more

kangin - first prechorus, second half of outro; i actually don’t like his voice and it definitely does not fit this song but i feel like the producer took advantage of it by deliberately emphasizing the contrast of his rough voice and the song. he has few parts like most of the others but they were both memorable so i enjoyed them

shindong - falsetto in third chorus; nothing to say about this?? i guess i’m glad that he didn’t get more parts bc his voice would not suit the song and not in the good way like kangin

sungmin - adlibs in verse b2 and second prechorus, final line before second chorus; sungmin has a really thin voice so i’m glad they delegated him to adlibs. his voice contrasts heechul’s before him during the second prechorus and i like it a heck ton

eunhyuk - falsetto in first chorus; same as shindong

siwon - literally no lines thank the lord. he does sound more prominent in the first chorus though and it’s a nice way to include everyone without actually including everyone

donghae - adlibs in first prechorus, first half of verse b1, final line before first chorus, first half of outro; basically same thing i said for sungmin but instead of thin his voice is soft?? not yooa kind of soft but lay kind of soft. idk i like it though, his voice suits evanesce a ton so i’m glad he sang so many parts

ryeowook - (ah yes, i have now reached main vocalist territory.) first chorus, second half of verse b1, second half of bridge, echos in third chorus. i was kinda waffly about his voice in this song at first because even though he’s yknow we all know that ryeowook fits more emotional songs, yesung and kyuhyun are the r&b and ballad masters. however i think the parts given to him made use of his voice!! the bridge especially places a higher emphasis on power so i’m glad he got to sing the killing part. hearing him sing “사람도 사랑도” kills me in the best way because he enunciates s’s so sharply, plus his breathe technique really fits the mood of the song and sounds wonderful i like his voice a little i guess

kyuhyun - verse a1, echos in first chorus, second chorus, first half of bridge, echos in third chorus. again kyuhyun has always been the best at ballads in k.r.y and even though this is a power ballad i feel like this is right up his alley regardless. his voice was the perfect choice to begin the song (even if it were forced bc he also began “this is love” and the two have paralleling music videos) because it’s...empty?? calm, not full of things like ryeowook’s, eases u in. idk how to explain it but i know what i mean. i personally prefer ryeowook’s echoes in the choruses bc they have stronger breaths and carry more emotion but that doesn’t mean i dislike kyuhyun’s!! his are really smooth and his notes are better connected than ryeowook’s. the bridge being split b/t him and ryeong was really good bc he builds u up and ryeowook pulls u down, i love it i love suju’s vocal line so much ugh no i don’t

i also really want to talk about the adlibs!! the only members who do them in evanesce are donghae, ryeowook, and kyuhyun, and i wanna focus on the latter two cuz they are...the OTHER star of the show!! especially during the final chorus, the harmonies are already very heavy and add a lot of depth but then they do the Thing and it just kills me holy shit especially when kyuhyun says “사랑은 짬시 뿐인 걸 예” and when ryeowook says “깰 수 없는지” in his wonderful head voice transitioning to his wonderful falsetto just fuck me right up

5. a list of flaws:

- awkward transition from first chorus to verse a2

- too underappreciated

- you haven’t listened to it

in conclusion: evanesce is undoubtedly super junior’s best ballad (point of no return who? growing pains who?), best b-side (shirt who? rock n shine who?), best music video (mamacita who? motorcycle who?), most poetic (islands who? we can who?), best song without yesung (too many beautiful girls who? let’s dance who?) most deserving of song-title-of-the-year (oppa oppa who? 비처럼 가지미요 누구세요?), and you, an intellectual, should stan. thank u for listening goondight love luna and remember to vote zheng ting on idol producer

deadass before i wrote the final eight words i accidentally deleted the entire post and i thought i was abt to flip ty new sf

Spoiler

3944_E7_B4-_D18_A-4_EE3-_A400-_E4471_E73

me: it’s 9 p.m., i should get around to watching super tv before bed

me to me: write a 2000-word shitpost about evanesce instead

Edited by bling
stan evanesce