• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

this event has been a splatfest so far

poor yan han, he has beautiful skating skills, but he couldn't land his jumps properly

someone said the ice is bad, which is absolutely shitty in such an important event

1. what is jiayou?? i thought it was an equivalent of "fighting"/"hwaiting" but idol producer keeps subbin sentences like "let's jiayou" "i hope you can jiayou" and shit and idgi

2. how do honourifics work?? is it more similar to korean or japanese?? i know ge but thats literally it im very interested in honourifics in other languages tbh

3. how awful is chen's pronunciation in exo-m songs?? like just uncomfortable or downright unlistenable

4. do u know what phonemes are?

if not: they're small units of sound in different languages; linguists have identified thousands of phonemes across the world and no single language contains all of them. native speakers of one language will find it difficult to pronounce or differentiate between phonemes of another language, e.g. japanese speakers can't tell apart the l & r sounds and german speakers struggle pronouncing the th sound

im very interested in them and am curious if any phonemes exist in chinese but not in english (if any). and what is the best way u can describe their pronunciation??

5. does chinese blend l & r sounds together the same way korean and japanese does??

6. wats ur favourite chinese word or character just out of curiosity

7. wats the toughest part about learning the language??

1. what is jiayou?? i thought it was an equivalent of "fighting"/"hwaiting" but idol producer keeps subbin sentences like "let's jiayou" "i hope you can jiayou" and shit and idgi

2. how do honourifics work?? is it more similar to korean or japanese?? i know ge but thats literally it im very interested in honourifics in other languages tbh

3. how awful is chen's pronunciation in exo-m songs?? like just uncomfortable or downright unlistenable

if not: they're small units of sound in different languages, like the word "cat" has "c," "a," and "t"; linguists have identified thousands of phonemes across the world and no single language contains all of them. native speakers of one language will find it difficult to pronounce or differentiate between phonemes of another language, e.g. japanese speakers can't tell apart the l & r sounds and german speakers struggle pronouncing the th sound

im very interested in them and am curious if any phonemes exist in chinese but not in english (if any). and what is the best way u can describe their pronunciation??

5. does chinese blend l & r sounds together the same way korean and japanese does??

Edited by bling
stan evanesce

Spoiler

both lyrically and soundwise run to you could straight-up pass for a haruki/miou song if they just added more piano lmao

also i rly like this vid cuz not a single member has a flattering photo

Edited by bling
stan evanesce

10 minutes ago, bling said:

if not: they're small units of sound in different languages; linguists have identified thousands of phonemes across the world and no single language contains all of them. native speakers of one language will find it difficult to pronounce or differentiate between phonemes of another language, e.g. japanese speakers can't tell apart the l & r sounds and german speakers struggle pronouncing the th sound

1. jiayou literally means add oil, but it means something like hwaiting/fighting

2. uhhh i don't think there are honorifics in chinese like in korean or japanese. there's -ge and -jie but those mean brother and sister respectively, but usually honorifics refer to the person's occupation. for example, Lǐ yīshēng: Lǐ is the name and yīshēng means doctor. or Lǐ lǎoshī, where lǎoshī means teacher. people may refer to people they're close to by a nickname like huihui if their name is yihui or liangliang if their name is yiliang etc etc.. at least, that's how it was with my cousins.

3. well, exo-m's songs don't really sound chinese so i just pretend they aren't singing in chinese. chen's pronunciation misses the intonations, but that's the same for all of them i think.

4. like consonants? idk if there are any exclusive ones. you can see for yourself here: https://chinese.yabla.com/chinese-pinyin-chart.php you can hover over the letters to see the pronunciation and click on the words to hear how they're pronounced

5. nah, l and r are pretty distinct

6. 雨 / yǔ / rain / bc it actually looks like rain

7. the pronunciation i guess (there are like four different pronunciations for every vowel sound), or the sheer amount of characters you gotta learn

AAAAAHHHHH SHOMA WORRIED ME WITH HIS BOTCHED FIRST JUMP BUT HE CARRIED THROUGH WITH A SCORE OF 103 I'M SO PROUD

on the other hand, the next best score is 88 by a guy whose skate WASN'T EVEN SHOWN BY NBC FUCK THEM

gosh, this whole event has been so disappointing so far other than shoma

so many popped jumps and falls... i'm convinced there's something wrong with the ice......

15 minutes ago, sylveonzoroark said:

1. jiayou literally means add oil,

WHAT

6. 雨 / yǔ / rain / bc it actually looks like rain

wow this is really pretty

3. well, exo-m's songs don't really sound chinese so i just pretend they aren't singing in chinese. chen's pronunciation misses the intonations, but that's the same for all of them i think.

lmao so wait do u mean that the chinese members miss the intonations too?? ocnfuse

thx for answering so thoroughly sylv i rly appreciate it

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

DVjoni5WAAESfvU.jpg

u ever...see someone so pretty u groan out loud because it is just so physically painful and aggravating

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

DVjoni5WAAESfvU.jpg

u ever...see someone so pretty u groan out loud because it is just so physically painful and aggravating

Spoiler

face genius, mesmerizing voice, amazin dancer, vocal line AND rap line, humble, selfless, stupid, funny, competent w multiple languages, in a legendary group, his only scandal was sayin "move, fuck" to sasaengs at the airport literally 11 years ago, theres absolutely nothin for me to bash him for sigh BwpZKuH.png why is kpop so difficult BwpZKuH.png