• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Ladies' Short Program

JPN Kaori Sakamoto
Omg Kaori's skating skills are gorgeous. Maybe it's because I've been spoiled by the men's quadfests, but wow, those skating skills looked exceptional. She gains a lot of speed with minimal crossovers. I don't really know how I feel about Moonlight Sonata being used as her program music because tbh I don't think it fits figure skating very much. I don't think she got much height on her jumps either. She's taking notes from the Russian girls and maxing out her points by backloading, but I don't mind it much in the SP because it's not as noticeable. She's first now! But she deserved more in PCS...

USA Mirai Nagasu
Not as good as her Team skate unfortunately. She fell on the triple axel and was shaky on the solo jump. Her spins are really beautiful though and her program music is good. In 2nd.

CAN Gabrielle Daleman
I like her interpretation of Carmen. She stumbled on her 3T-3T. It seems nerves got to her. The music turns absolutely awful later. Wtf happened. In 2nd.

USA Karen Chen
Ooh, I like her interpretation too. She choreographed her program herself! I love the bird theme of the music and costume. And I love the spirals. Not many girls do them these days because the spiral sequence element was dropped. She stumbled on her 3Lz though, and I think she doubled the -3T on her combo. 4th.

KAZ Elizabet I'm not even going to attempt her last name
She's so tiny omg. 17???? She looks 13. Also, another Carmen. Ngl, her program felt a bit awkward and empty, especially near the end. Maybe it's because I'm used to most skaters finishing with a spin? She seemed juniorish, which was only amplified by the music. She doubled her first jump, gaining her no points there. She seemed to be slowing down a lot going into it, as if she was too nervous to jump.

KOR Choi Dabin
Wow, a very beautiful and elegant skate. A clean one too!! I absolutely loved that last spin. She's so serene and calm. Maybe it's because she did well in the Team event too. She skated to Papa Can You Hear Me and she lost her mother last year =( I'm glad she was able to skate so well in front of the home crowd. She's third rn.

RUS Evgenia Medvedeva
Her combo jump looked a bit muscled, but she skated cleanly as usual. She looks very skinny, especially in the legs, so maybe she's compensating for lack of muscle? I want to feed her =( Helicopter arm on the Axel. I can't help but compare to Hanyu's Chopin SP a few days ago, which might affect my perception a bit... Her expressions are overboard, especially for Chopin. She keeps getting higher and higher scores for some reason... In 1st.

JPN Satoko Miyahara
I love her program music and costume. I'm watching this on a shitty low quality stream because NBC are fuckers so I can't really enjoy it that much, but I love her skating skills and transitions too. Might be an underrotation on the -3T.

CAN Kaetlyn Osmond
I didn't catch her skate bc of NBC's shitty broadcasting, but she got 3rd, so I assume it was good!

RUS Alina Zagitova
Lmao she's wear tutus for both of her programs. Tbh I started out rooting for Evgenia for gold, but the more I see her skate the more I want her to win. Her jumps look better in general, and while I don't like either of their interpretations, I like Alina's more. She skated cleanly here if a bit wobbly on the landings. She also seemed a bit more emotional, which is good for her. She got a world record!! Like 0.3 higher than Evgenia's record just earlier lol. I'm glad they didn't hold back on the PCS for her. Aww, she looks so happy. I'm proud of her. 1st.

ITA Carolina Kostner
I like the program music. Hand down on the solo jump, but her skating is beautiful. She has little chance to medal since she can't compete against the younger girls technically, but it's still pretty admirable how she's still competing at her age. I love her unique spin positions.

RUS Maria Sotskova
Ouch, fell on the first jump. A lot of the ladies amde mistakes on their first jump here. Helicopter arms everywhere. Idk why, but her music and skating style feel very old-timey and flat to me. Had trouble on a few elements, now in 12th.

I'm so proud of Kaori making the last group! It might be too much to hope, but I hope she gets a medal. I'm really happy for Alina too! She's apparently struggled with her short program, and she even beat Evgenia here.

The other skaters can only hope for a bronze... This makes Ladies' figure skating less stressful but also less exciting. It's certainly more pleasing to see fewer falls though. I think both Evgenia and Alina are overscored, but Alina definitely deserved first place today. The gap between them and the others is kind of ridiculous.

i would like to whine and groan about how PCS is getting out of control and how lazy the judges are and how alina deserves a better coach, but i need sleep

also hi mei!!! how have you been? i have to go to sleep now, but it's good to see you here.

if i were an avenger, idk about the name, but i would most definitely have the power to teleport

it would probably help with nothing but that's okay theyd save the day anyway

6 hours ago, Hashuni Mei said:

i kinda feel bad for my bro

his friends are too busy nowadays to catch a movie with him so all he has is me

he says he doesnt mind BUT I KNOW

tbh he probably doesn't mind, speaking as someone who's been in similar situations

when u say u like person x to person y and person y tells person x who then tells u that they like u too but u never planned for them to know and so u cry out of embarrassment and move to cambodia to restart your life as a rice farmer

25 minutes ago, bling said:

when u say u like person x to person y and person y tells person x who then tells u that they like u too but u never planned for them to know and so u cry out of embarrassment and move to cambodia to restart your life as a rice farmer

Being kinumi is suffering