• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

But wouldnt it be your fault for not showing up on time?

4 minutes ago, Trisitei said:

Really?
Truly a nice gesture on her part

Its shit like this is why award shows are such a joke. But seeing that renewed a little hope for humanity

Since the Nintendo Switch is going to be upon on soon, it feels that Nintendo or other companies stopped releasing stuff on Eshop.

Where's my Super Mario RPG and All Stars for n3ds Nintendo 

Edited by 0w0

Just as there are weaboos, there are also japanese who are just as obsessed with western culture. It's the reason as for why the Final Mix version of Kingdom Hearts games exists in the first place."

Edited by Soledai

So, I've beaten SMTIV... after lots of overcoming and multiple breaks.

People told me that I should finally play a "classic" SMT game.

I come to this conclusion: It was nice... but it's not better than the spin-offs.

Sure, the story might be better (deeper and more depressing) and features less anime like Persona, but gameplaywise it didn't have the gameplay quality the Devil Survivor games had. The final was even disappointing. Boring dungeon and boss design and I couldn't recruit and fuse anymore demons. In general demon recruiting is also one of the things I really disliked in this game.

It was fun after all mainly because of its story (despite I didn't understand everything) but I can't see why this game shall be so much better than the spin-offs.

Edited by Magilou

I honestly think your first mistake was playing SMT4 for the story :V You know well by now that it's... just not good. If you want a good SMT mainline story, play any of them except SMT 4. I might even suggest Strange Journey

About the gameplay though, people like that unbalanced gameplay(for some reason). However, I find it a bit difficult to compare the, uh, quality, of a turn-based rpg to a SRPG...

Edited by Soledai

3 minutes ago, Soledai said:

I honestly think your first mistake was playing SMT4 for the story :V

I didn't choose SMT4 because of its story but because of its SMT gameplay.

I had the choice between Soul Hackers and this game, and latter got better reviews and several people recommended me to play it. Of course I was aware that this game is different compared to DeSu since it's not round a based RPG but a classic RPG like the Persona series.

The story was interesting but a bit confusing. I didn't really understand the connections between these three worlds.

But the main issue for me was the poor balance. My ressources were really limited in the beginning and the bosses were simply OP. After a while it became easier but this shows how unbalanced the difficulty curve is.

At the end I had to come out with my current ressources. In the final dungeon I couldn't recruit any new demons, which means I couldn't fuse any new demons.

1 minute ago, Magilou said:

I didn't choose SMT4 because of its story but because of its SMT gameplay.

I had the choice between Soul Hackers and this game, and latter got better reviews and several people recommended me to play it. Of course I was aware that this game is different compared to DeSu since it's not round a based RPG but a classic RPG like the Persona series.

The story was interesting but a bit confusing. I didn't really understand the connections between these three worlds.

But the main issue for me was the poor balance. My ressources were really limited in the beginning and the bosses were simply OP. After a while it became easier but this shows how unbalanced the difficulty curve is.

At the end I had to come out with my current ressources. In the final dungeon I couldn't recruit any new demons, which means I couldn't fuse any new demons.

My condolences, Jules.

Though, interestingly, while I find Soul Hackers to be a better game, it had some... pretty intense moments. From my vicarious experience, mind you. Still, good job, you suffered well. Enjoy the credits.