• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Although, I see they improved the animations by getting rid of the underwater backgrounds. It was funny though, seeing the Tuatha in space and then switch back to underwater for its attacks.

9 hours ago, xXHoshiHeartsXx said:

reviews call every zelda game perfect

trust yourself not reviews '3'

I love every zelda game except wind waker, which is trash

1 hour ago, Emeraldfox said:

To me OoT is a plain hamburger. On its own it's fine but it's plain compared to something like MM.

hey plain hamburger is the best!!!

A plain hamburger with cheese is no longer a plain hamburger, because it has ascended to become a plain cheeseburger.

I'm not big on Zelda, but I'll admit Breath of the Wild looks fantastic. The only other Zelda that's interested me was Majora's Mask, but I watched an LP of that.

52 minutes ago, Trisitei said:

I always wondered 

what was it about Wind Waker you didn't like?

okay, have a sit

Let's start with the most important. Dungeons and puzzles are in general my favorite part of zelda. Wind Waker has few dungeons. That in itself isn't that problematic, Majora's Mask also has few dungeons and it's one of my favorite Zelda games. The thing is, while Majora's Mask has 3 fantastic dungeons and a good one, all of wind waker's are unmemorable, mediocre, bad, or at best, just good enough. They're too simple, short, easy and with puzzles that are quite easy to figure out and also simple and easy. That alone is a huge blow to the game and enough to make it my least favorite 3d Zelda game (all the other 4 have objectively better dungeons). The game was also clearly supposed to have more dungeons, considering they just hand you one of the pearls when the other two were in dungeons, and then there's the ice and fire islands that could have been dungeons.

Then add the fact that there's all the sailing. I find it boring. It's just an open blue ocean with some small islands and some random treasure to get under the sea. I honestly and legitimately believe Twilight Princess did exploration better, for the simple fact that there were some neat mini dungeons in it. Hylure Field in TP was indeed an open bland field, but how is a big open ocean better than that? There's also the fact that, in order to change directions while in the ocean, you have to change the course of the wind. That makes traversing through it even worse than what it was supposed to be.

When people praised exploration in Wind Waker, I always thought that I did not care about it because I didn't care about exploration in general, but playing many other games, I realized that's not true at all. I loved finding stuff in XCX, FFXV, the Souls games and many other games (and I'm sure I'll love to find stuff in Breath of the Wild), it's just that WW does not do exploration well. You only find small stuff and boring islands spread apart by a literal sea of nothingness.

And then there's the triforce part of the game, that even the most ardent WW fans know is worse than the rest of the game. Considering I really dislike the rest of the game, you can probably guess what i think of it.

Edited by Nobody

I completed my first Zelda game in an age when other people have made a big career, own a house and have a family already.

4 hours ago, Soledai said:

You should never need a guideline to following your own opinion, first off.

Secondly... huh? You got stuck, that's fine. You got bored, that's fine too. But... what was the actual problem with the game?

Idk where to go next since this game doesn't give me any real hints.

Currently trying to enter Hyrule Castle.

12 minutes ago, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

I completed my first Zelda game in an age when other people have made a big career, own a house and have a family already.

Idk where to go next since this game doesn't give me any real hints.

Currently trying to enter Hyrule Castle.

You should totally play Skyward Sword

No, this is not an witty commentary, I LOVE Skyward Sword. Most Zelda fans complain that the game gives you too many hints, though, which is exactly what you want.

is hating cheese why you don't like pizza?

13 minutes ago, Nobody said:

okay, have a sit

Let's start with the most important. Dungeons and puzzles are in general my favorite part of zelda. Wind Waker has few dungeons. That in itself isn't that problematic, Majora's Mask also has few dungeons and it's one of my favorite Zelda games. The thing is, while Majora's Mask has 3 fantastic dungeons and a good one, all of wind waker's are unmemorable, mediocre, bad, or at best, just good enough. They're too simple, short, easy and with puzzles that are quite easy to figure out and also simple and easy. That alone is a huge blow to the game and enough to make it my least favorite 3d Zelda game (all the other 4 have objectively better dungeons). The game was also clearly supposed to have more dungeons, considering they just hand you one of the pearls when the other two were in dungeons, and then there's the ice and fire islands that could have been dungeons.

Then add the fact that there's all the sailing. I find it boring. It's just an open blue ocean with some small islands and some random treasure to get under the sea. I honestly and legitimately believe Twilight Princess did exploration better, for the simple fact that there were some neat mini dungeons in it. Hylure Field in TP was indeed an open bland field, but how is a big open ocean better than that? There's also the fact that, in order to change directions while in the ocean, you have to change the course of the wind. That makes traversing through it even worse than what it was supposed to be.

When people praised exploration in Wind Waker, I always thought that I did not care about it because I didn't care about exploration in general, but playing many other games, I realized that's not true at all. I loved finding stuff in XCX, FFXV, the Souls games and many other games (and I'm sure I'll love to find stuff in Breath of the Wild), it's just that WW does not do exploration well. You only find small stuff and boring islands spread apart by a literal sea of nothingness.

And then there's the triforce part of the game, that even the most ardent WW fans know is worse than the rest of the game. Considering I really dislike the rest of the game, you can probably guess what i think of it.

All these i feel

especially when it comes to sailing, get's annoying at times needing to change the wind
if you dont say "screw it" and warp that is

All in all i agree with this

but that might be more it's been years since i played wind waker
and i still haven't beaten it
whoops

11 minutes ago, sylveonzoroark said:

5H1Lfw0.png

ah yes this is so satisfying 

Good job sylvie