• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

@LuxSpecs @Nobody Thanks guys, helps me figure out if this would be something I would enjoy.

@Trisitei I think gameplay is the first and foremost enjoyment factor in a game; you can be telling an epic story, but if the gameplay is not there or it is bad, you will find it a struggle likely not worth waging to see the story through. On the other hand, as with Fates and Awakening, I can enjoy they gameplay and ignore the story and I'll still count myself a fan. The real beauty is when the two meet in harmony, of course, but...that varies greatly, clearly.

1 hour ago, Protagonist Softboy said:

can i drop some music in

Nice music

1 hour ago, ___ said:

@Trisitei I think gameplay is the first and foremost enjoyment factor in a game; you can be telling an epic story, but if the gameplay is not there or it is bad, you will find it a struggle likely not worth waging to see the story through. On the other hand, as with Fates and Awakening, I can enjoy they gameplay and ignore the story and I'll still count myself a fan. The real beauty is when the two meet in harmony, of course, but...that varies greatly, clearly.

It really does
But it always come down to personal tastes and the like

9 hours ago, ___ said:

It is. It comes off every sentence you write. well, not every sentence, but yes, obvious it is.

Oh does it really? I was playing it up a bit, but if you really think so, then that's fine too.

9 hours ago, ___ said:

hmm...I suppose that there is that, but I can't believe some one who tells me they play Fates for story, if true I will feel sad and if not they're just trolling. It's a somewhat similar view on Awakening. Shadow Dragon is fine. It is what it is, and it is fine.

The exception for Fates was that exactly, you know. You only play it for one purpose, and the """story""", is far from it. Assuming you have enough temerity to even call it a story.

7 hours ago, ___ said:

you can be telling an epic story, but if the gameplay is not there

But.... but some VNs don't have gameplay

Also, quoting broke your color, and I'm quoting you too many times in a single post.

Edited by Soledai

While you cats were discussing FE I was elsewhere looking up various gameplay videos of random games and wondering why Nintendo won't release a new Puzzle League or F-Zero.

And Shadowverse

11 hours ago, Hashuni Mei said:

Tell me about that music. I'm determined to sneak into the castle to fulfill two of the side missions. I'll use the Sheikah way! Hope it's not futile.
Speaking of stealth, it's so satisfying sneaking up on enemy camps. 

I should just find a guardian, save and then practice the timing to parry their laser. 

I find sneaking up on enemies fun too, but I can't help but feel it's not very heroic from Link

3 hours ago, Sophie said:

emerald i swear you better not message me about boobs when i'm playing senran

3 hours ago, Emeraldfox said:

I wasn't going to to but now I will

get destroyed m8

I was wondering about how I'd deal with all the Vantage Takumi/Hector since it's the most talked about thing since skill inheritance has been announced. 

But then I realized I have a +Atk Sanaki and I may be able to give her Raudrraven.

Dataminers found the dates for the next Grand Hero Battles

it's apparently
Early April: Navarre, the Scarlet Sword
Late April: Zephiel, the Liberator
Early May: Xander, the Paragon Knight
Late May: Lloyd, the White Wolf