• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

long story short

And if further questions should come, yes, I can't handle frustration in VGs as well as most other people here.

I'm honest Echoes was a mistake for me unfortunately.
And I'm hoping for a Gamestop trade-in again for Persona 5 where I can give away Echoes.
I sacrificed my beloved Devil Survivor for Echoes. :.(

18 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I was 3/4 of the way up Duma Tower when someone died and I soft-reseted by force of habit. 

*head-desk*

*patpatpatpatpat*

This happened to me too, different place but I know the feel.

16 minutes ago, アリサ ラインフォルト said:

long story short

And if further questions should come, yes, I can't handle frustration in VGs as well as most other people here.

And I'm hoping for a Gamestop trade-in again for Persona 5 where I can give away Echoes.

I've seen that, and it is most unfortunate

I sincerely hope hype had nothing to do with that decision.......

1 hour ago, アリサ ラインフォルト said:

long story short

Why'd you do it if you were going to regret it later.

I understand the frustration, it took me three times to defeat that bastard Duma. It is very hard to do so if you don't defeat even Jedah. There is a pattern on how to defeat that idiot too. When it's only Duma left, move your best healers in a range that they can heal anyone (and by that I had Tatiana use Fortify to heal everyone) eventually Duma's health bar will be visible after a lot of damage, in which point, only Alm can hurt him. Use him in a one on one, don't use his arts finisher and it will be done, maybe you should have Celica's nearby for this to work I am not sure

Apparently I didn't delete the second part of my post in time.
It's owed to the taken frustration. My post was way too drastic.
Echoes wasn't my favorite FE game for sure regarding on the mechanics, but not as awful as I represented it in my previous post. The story and characters's presentation are great actually.

Anyways I've beaten Duma... with the same strategy as in my first run.The only difference was that I beat the Medusa sorcerer.
However this time Alm decided to crit Duma with his second attack.
Still I have no idea if this fight is luckbased or not. I got plenty of explanations, but honestly I couldn't understand any of them yet.

I believe it's not luck based (entirely), but you do need to take care of all the stupid units that keep on spawning those annoying eyes...at first I thought to myself "Fuck! Do I have to start the game again? Did I not level my characters enough?" I was so angry myself...I decided to stop and I went back after about 10 hours, that's when I managed it.

As you said the mechanics are not good (especially this freaking lack of resistance growth is unbelievably disturbing) but for some reason it is games like this why I like this series. In fact, Fates was so disappointing that I was really questioning myself about how worse it could go from now on. If there is something that I like in this game is the design of Celica's and Alm's overclasses, they are perfect (especially Celica's).

46 minutes ago, アリサ ラインフォルト said:

Apparently I didn't delete the second part of my post in time.
It's owed to the taken frustration. My post was way too drastic.
Echoes wasn't my favorite FE game for sure regarding on the mechanics, but not as awful as I represented it in my previous post. The story and characters's presentation are great actually.

Anyways I've beaten Duma... with the same strategy as in my first run.The only difference was that I beat the Medusa sorcerer.
However this time Alm decided to crit Duma with his second attack.
Still I have no idea if this fight is luckbased or not. I got plenty of explanations, but honestly I couldn't understand any of them yet.

It's not luck based... well, no more than usual for FE, but your Alm was too weak to deal "proper" damage from what I saw.

With the Falchion, your Alm's atk should've been 40 or thereabouts, in my onion

You don't need celica close to Alm 

i just had Alm fight Duma with support from Gray, Kliff and Tobin

with Tatiana healing and silque invoking so Duma had something else to attack 

Just now, Trisitei said:

Funny, in Gaiden you needed to have them close so he could crit or so I've read somewhere...

Those three are lifesavers.

Good Shock

Alm and Celica still have a bond support which gives Alm +20 crit, and he needed a crit.

Also I used all the peggies with Gradvius-trading to attack him.

It's not luck based... well, no more than usual for FE, but your Alm was too weak to deal "proper" damage from what I saw.

With the Falchion, your Alm's atk should've been 40 or thereabouts, in my onion

So, my Alm is too weak because he has like 12-15 less strength than he should have at this point?!
That means I should give all my units ~20 more levels?

Seriously, it's absolutely fine to give the main character the finisher.
FE10 did it too in an appropirate way.
You could count the damage exactly since Ashera is immune to crits except for TA. And unless Duma, Ashera is vulnerable at any HP unless she reached zero.
Sure, she is sort of luckbased too thanks to her five authority stars, but the fight is by far less mean than Duma
In Duma's case you have to hope that a standard Alm crits him. Without Celica's bond support and other suports (Claire, Faye) he has like 5% crit chance. If Alm doesn't set the finsher, you have to hope that your stave users can heal all your allies to let them survive a hit by him - easier said than done, because healers don't heal as much HP as in other games so it's very likely that Duma will find a victim...

11 minutes ago, アリサ ラインフォルト said:

So, my Alm is too weak because he has like 12-15 less strength than he should have at this point?!

That means I should give all my units ~20 more levels?

Seriously, it's absolutely fine to give the main character the finisher.
FE10 did it too in an appropirate way.
You could count the damage exactly since Ashera is immune to crits except for TA. And unless Duma, Ashera is vulnerable at any HP unless she reached zero.
Sure, she is sort of luckbased too thanks to her five authority stars, but the fight is by far less mean than Duma
In Duma's case you have to hope that a standard Alm crits him. Without Celica's bond support and other suports (Claire, Faye) he has like 5% crit chance. If Alm doesn't set the finsher, you have to hope that your stave users can heal all your allies to let them survive a hit by him - easier said than done, because healers don't heal as much HP as in other games so it's very likely that Duma will find a victim...

I was referring to your total power when equipping the Falchion, not Alm's stat itself. You said his atk was 22, and w/Falchion, it's 32. I was suggesting that 32 be closer to 40, so basically like 5 more strength. But to be perfectly fair, I DID use Atk boosters on Alm from items and the fountains, so there's that.

See, that depends on your Alm's stats, it doesn't(and shouldn't) normally come down to luck. When I did the fight, Alm never touched Doma until it was time for the kill.(Doma caught that work and his HP was 36 when "part 2" came in, and Alm dealt 18x2, no crits. Isn't that cute?)

Basically, what I'm trying to say is; You don't need a crit to win, Doma isn't luck based, you were just unfortunate and had to rely on luck.

Still, you won in the end, so this is all moot. Unless you feel like doing a salty runback of the game...

I doubt so since a cutscene (special conversation) is triggered when Alm gives the final blow.

Otherwise there must be a conversation between the nosferatu user and Duma too.
Also why can nosferatu kill Duma?

I was referring to your total power when equipping the Falchion, not Alm's stat itself. You said his atk was 22, and w/Falchion, it's 32. I was suggesting that 32 be closer to 40, so basically like 5 more strength. But to be perfectly fair, I DID use Atk boosters on Alm from items and the fountains, so there's that.

See, that depends on your Alm's stats, it doesn't(and shouldn't) normally come down to luck. When I did the fight, Alm never touched Doma until it was time for the kill.(Doma caught that work and his HP was 36 when "part 2" came in, and Alm dealt 18x2, no crits. Isn't that cute?)

Basically, what I'm trying to say is; You don't need a crit to win, Doma isn't luck based, you were just unfortunate and had to rely on luck.

Still, you won in the end, so this is all moot. Unless you feel like doing a salty runback of the game...

Are you talking about the strength boost in the shrines or an actual item like energy drop?
I haven't had any status items except for an item which increases the HP by 2.

And no, and I won't give a runback of this game.
Otherwise I'd get more sleepless nights.

Still have to play the postgame.

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

Funny, in Gaiden you needed to have them close so he could crit or so I've read somewhere...

Those three are lifesavers.

Good Shock

might be
i never played Gaiden

#RamBoyz