• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

And you know what makes it even more beautiful? It all makes sense.

Why are the stories in The Book of Lost Tales so different from the same stories published in The Silmarillion and other later writings? Because they were written by Ælfwine of England as a sort of "historical novel", rather than being drawn from Bilbo's Translations from the Elvish or from works form authoritative Elvish writers such as Rúmil and Pengolod.
Why is The Drowning of Anadûnê so different from the Akallabêth, even though they tell the same story? Because The Drowning of Anadûnê was the story received in dreams by Arundel Lowdham and Wilfrid Jeremy, while the Akallabêth was written by the Exiles in the Third Age.

The beautiful thing is that the inconsistency in Tolkien's writings is the consistency in his writings. ;_;

4 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

So I just found this:

@Nobody And  here I was thinking that smiling Reinhardt was weird enough.

lmao those ears and eyebrows. Almost as if he was provoking you before using Dire Thunder.

I still have to get a Reinhardt, though =/

Just now, Nobody said:

lmao those ears and eyebrows. Almost as if he was provoking you before using Dire Thunder.

I still have to get a Reinhardt, though =/

Then you throw Julia at him

He's summonable at 4* so he should appear eventually. And maybe if you keep him as your theme, you'll lure him >v>

4 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Then you throw Julia at him

He's summonable at 4* so he should appear eventually. And maybe if you keep him as your theme, you'll lure him >v>

I run a disgusting Horse Emblem team, so i prefer Cecilia. TBH he's no issue to me, he can't even scratch my Cecilia. I run Gronnblade on her, though, so Brave Lyn is still a problem, but as long as she uses Mulagir, my own Brave Lyn can always counter her.

Yeah, that's the plan. I got super lucky those past few days, getting a +DEF -SPD Hector, a +HP -SPD Ephraim and a +SPD -HP Elincia all in 22 orbs and then a 5 star mathilda on a free summon and so, there's nothing I want from any of the banners up anymore, so I'm saving for the rumored Genealogy banner that is possibly coming next month, or even a possible halloween one with limited units. Maybe he shows up when I throw all my orbs at those? i'm almost tempted at snipping blues though <_>

I'll probably end up blowing them all on the crimea banner tho, saving up is hard lol

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

I run a disgusting Horse Emblem team, so i prefer Cecilia. TBH he's no issue to me, he can't even scratch my Cecilia. I run Gronnblade on her, though, so Brave Lyn is still a problem, but as long as she uses Mulagir, my own Brave Lyn can always counter her.

Yeah, that's the plan. I got super lucky those past few days, getting a +DEF -SPD Hector, a +HP -SPD Ephraim and a +SPD -HP Elincia all in 22 orbs and then a 5 star mathilda on a free summon and so, there's nothing I want from any of the banners up anymore, so I'm saving for the rumored Genealogy banner that is possibly coming next month, or even a possible halloween one with limited units. Maybe he shows up when I throw all my orbs at those? i'm almost tempted at snipping blues though <_>

I'll probably end up blowing them all on the crimea banner tho, saving up is hard lol

I'm currently using Nino as my green unit, but even as a +10 she had trouble surviving some Reinhardt, so I decided to S support her so she can reliably tank him. Julia or Fae were my go to counters before though. 

And wow, that is some pretty impressive luck. I managed to snag Hinoka and Oscar from the banner and while I was thinking of trying to stockpile my orbs, I'm pretty sure I'll end up using them on the Crimea banner as well. 

22 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I'm currently using Nino as my green unit, but even as a +10 she had trouble surviving some Reinhardt, so I decided to S support her so she can reliably tank him. Julia or Fae were my go to counters before though. 

And wow, that is some pretty impressive luck. I managed to snag Hinoka and Oscar from the banner and while I was thinking of trying to stockpile my orbs, I'm pretty sure I'll end up using them on the Crimea banner as well. 

I run Fury and always give Cecilia Fortify and Hone Cavalry before tanking Reinhardt, so that's probably why he's easy to deal with for me. IDK why IS decided to give Cavalry units better buffs than foot units, it makes no sense. What's your team besides Nino? I find it sort of hard to come up with teams outside of horse ones, but I'm interested in trying something different.

Hinoka is really rare and nice! Only hone fliers unit, and she's not much different from Cordelia either, right? I also heard Oscar is pretty good, but a lot of people get angry from pulling him rather than Nephenee. Crimea banner is quite nice, but all the other ones out right now look very underwhelming compared to it or the CYL one.

Edited by Nobody

[4:18:09 PM] Mαѕαуσѕнι: Do you know what a m-97 flamethrower sounds like? It roars like a dragon, a fiery god purging everything in its path. Hold down the trigger and the whoosh drowns out everything else. Focus on the noise and you can almost convince yourself you don't hear the screams. By the time the tank is empty, everything is over, even the men are quiet. There's nothing but the crackling of burning thatch. You see, it's not the noise that keeps me awake at night. It's the silence.
[4:19:14 PM] Elyn: you meme
[4:19:23 PM] Mαѕαуσѕнι: thanks r/copypasta
[4:20:53 PM] Adrian ;p.: What the fuck

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

I run Fury and always give Cecilia Fortify and Hone Cavalry before tanking Reinhardt, so that's probably why he's easy to deal with for me. IDK why IS decided to give Cavalry units better buffs than foot units, it makes no sense. What's your team besides Nino? I find it sort of hard to come up with teams outside of horse ones.

Hinoka is really rare and nice! Only hone fliers unit, and she's not much different from Cordelia either, right? I also heard Oscar is pretty good, but a lot of people get angry from pulling him rather than Nephenee. Crimea banner is quite nice, but all the other ones out right now look very underwhelming compared to it or the CYL one.

My Nino has Fury, but she often only has access to the buff from the Fortify res seal. Doesn't help that she's -Res. And I feel the same. I kind of feel like for some reason, they thought Infantry units were the best type of units because the advantages of the other type came with a disadvantage, but the inability to cross trees and a lower BST are a small price to pay for 3 mov. Infantry should really get its Hone and Fortify skills, but I think IS realized they were too strong along with Blade tomes, so we'll probably won't see them anytime soon if at all.

Here's my Arena team for the current season:

Spoiler

lXV8slb.png

MxTy79N.png

r9if9of.png

XnZBJRf.png

Probably gonna stick with the Lucina, Nino, Azura + bonus template since it's the one that give me the highest potential for arena points.

Hinoka is literally Cordelia where you switched 3 points of Spd in Def and 1 point of Res in HP, so yeah, they're pretty similar. It's my 3rd Hinoka at this point, but I'm glad since, as you said, Hone Fliers is pretty rare. Which is why I'm holding on to my 2 extras until they either make Hone Fliers more available or I find a good flier to put it on. And Oscar has performed admirably despite being the second Sapphire Lance user on my team. His ability to give 6 point of Def and Res to a single unit is really good and he's no slouch in combat either. If I had more feathers to spend, I'd probably give him LaD3 and Firesweep Lance. And regarding Crimea vs CYL, I think Elincia would have fit right in on the CYL banner. 34/36 offenses with a Brave weapon that basically has Atk+3 and Spd+3 built-in is kind of ridiculous.

Edit: I don't know how to embed Imgur galleries. 

Edited by LuxSpes

3 hours ago, Claudius I said:

And you know what makes it even more beautiful? It all makes sense.

Why are the stories in The Book of Lost Tales so different from the same stories published in The Silmarillion and other later writings? Because they were written by Ælfwine of England as a sort of "historical novel", rather than being drawn from Bilbo's Translations from the Elvish or from works form authoritative Elvish writers such as Rúmil and Pengolod.
Why is The Drowning of Anadûnê so different from the Akallabêth, even though they tell the same story? Because The Drowning of Anadûnê was the story received in dreams by Arundel Lowdham and Wilfrid Jeremy, while the Akallabêth was written by the Exiles in the Third Age.

The beautiful thing is that the inconsistency in Tolkien's writings is the consistency in his writings. ;_;

wow this is rly cool

three years ago my friend's mom offered to give me a ride to retreat bcos the alternative was the rly hot smelly crowded bus so i took it and she asked about the music i liked and i was super self-conscious but she was insistent so i pulled out my phone and started playing miracles in december and i apologized for my music taste and my friend was surprised and was like no kim there's nothing bad or weird about it

and then i cried becos that was the first time irl when someone didn't make fun of the music i enjoy and i think about every time that has happened becos it makes me sad and i value what other people think a lot but i also remember that one moment because that one sentence made me realize hey she's right there's nothing wrong with me for enjoying what i enjoy

friends r cool

Edited by Hitori
stan hitori

Spoiler

man i love kain and nobunaga but they are literally the most emotionless singers i have ever encountered wtf...kain is even my second favourite male utaite but he will sing the most beautiful heart-wrenching ballads and they will sound boring as heck. i ADORE his version of world lampshade and it is genuinely one of my favourite utaite songs ever but honestly i'd be a filthy liar if i said that it had any ounce of personality or emotion in it. and nobunaga actually makes me upset because she has such a gorgeous voice but her tone is so flat lmao i can't listen to her songs for very long because i get angry and/or snoozy.

aho no sakata honourable mention because i feel like he relies slightly less on sounding ~objectively pleasant~ instead of whatever-the-word-i'm-looking-for-is but tbh his songs are still largely pretty plain. mono poisoner is my favourite by him and again one of my favourite utaite songs overall but gosh is it FLAT (the chorus is slightly good but still rly falls short of my expectations)

also while i'm at it bash @ aho no sakata and reol and ene and every person, ever, born with a naturally pleasant singing tone ;~; i would kill for their voices but nah im stuck w my basic-ass unattractive voice....like wow as if i needed ANOTHER thing to despise about myself

anyway stan hitori

eojahskwn omg did i forget something while i was into kpop because why the fuck are some of  these vocaloid songs like a billion times more sinful i have to cover my eyes and recover every three seconds because sin is everywhere what i don't remember there being so much sin

6 minutes ago, Hitori said:

eojahskwn omg did i forget something while i was into kpop because why the fuck are some of  these vocaloid songs like a billion times more sinful i have to cover my eyes and recover every three seconds because sin is everywhere what i don't remember there being so much sin

I remember taking a look at the translations of some of giga-p's song and uh... wow