• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

SPEAKING OF CONGRATS

Spoiler

my friend texted me last night out of nowhere and said

78fba0ab52.png

and i was like the most flattered because wow but also confused as heck because ?? i was completely oblivious as to what she was talking about

she said another friend of ours told her that i had won an award for my art in the last issue of a newsmagazine i worked on and i was like wow that's cool and i assumed that i won something from the state, maybe a humble second place, but then she linked me to the fuckin cspa site. like, a very big international huge prestigious journalism association. what the fuck. anyway i looked for my name for like half an hour (it was a huge list) but i couldn't find it so i decided that my friends were mistaken and there was a mix up somewhere since there was actually no way in hell that i could have won

anyway i went to school today and my film teacher yelled HEY WOW KIM CONGRATULATIONS and i, again, was like, what the fuck. apparently not only did i actually did legitimately win an award from the columbia scholastic press association, but also i won first place in digital illustrations. my friend (who won third place in the in-depth feature story category!!) was rly smug and was like "I HOPE THIS FINALLY MAKES U REALIZE THAT UR A GOOD ARTIST KIM"

but ya wow this has done wonders for my self-confidence, i feel like i can do ANYTHING now.....i have always felt shitty since my school is rly prestigious and it feels like everyone except me is receiving international or national recognition all the time....now i feel like i actually contribute to the success of my school ahh

Spoiler

omg what's really embarrassing is that i had initially refused to be credited for the piece in the first place bc i am shy and have the tiniest self-esteem in existence but my advisor was like "no" and printed my name anyway and it was awful and humiliating and i wanted to die EXCEPT IT HAS COME BACK TO HAUNT ME, MY ADVISOR WAS SHOWING THE SPREADS OFF TO EVERYONE IN MY DESIGN CLASS TODAY AND I ALMOST CRIED I REGRET THINGS A LITTLE (SHES GOING TO USE IT AS AN EXAMPLE FOR FUTURE STAFF MEMBERS WHEN I GRADUATE TOO...I CANT EVEN STOP HER)

i am happy but uncomfortable

27 minutes ago, Hitori said:

SPEAKING OF CONGRATS

Hide contents

my friend texted me last night out of nowhere and said

78fba0ab52.png

and i was like the most flattered because wow but also confused as heck because ?? i was completely oblivious as to what she was talking about

she said another friend of ours told her that i had won an award for my art in the last issue of a newsmagazine i worked on and i was like wow that's cool and i assumed that i won something from the state, maybe a humble second place, but then she linked me to the fuckin cspa site. like, a very big international huge prestigious journalism association. what the fuck. anyway i looked for my name for like half an hour (it was a huge list) but i couldn't find it so i decided that my friends were mistaken and there was a mix up somewhere since there was actually no way in hell that i could have won

anyway i went to school today and my film teacher yelled HEY WOW KIM CONGRATULATIONS and i, again, was like, what the fuck. apparently not only did i actually did legitimately win an award from the columbia scholastic press association, but also i won first place in digital illustrations. my friend (who won third place in the in-depth feature story category!!) was rly smug and was like "I HOPE THIS FINALLY MAKES U REALIZE THAT UR A GOOD ARTIST KIM"

but ya wow this has done wonders for my self-confidence, i feel like i can do ANYTHING now.....i have always felt shitty since my school is rly prestigious and it feels like everyone except me is receiving international or national recognition all the time....now i feel like i actually contribute to the success of my school ahh

Wow, CONGRATS KIM!!!

That is really awesome and I am super proud of you. ;_;

THANK U A LOT U GUYS

also uhh idk if i'm ok enough to show, also i don't have the actual file any more and would have to take pics directly from the magazine but thx for askin

it was pop art style for the sexual assault story i was rly happy i got to help because i loved that story a lot

Edited by Hitori
stan hitori

i'm looking through the winners rn and i saw a name that was joshua kim and at first i was like o haha that's funny but i keep fuckin seeing his name and now i'm just angry bc stop bein good at things and winning everything, he literally won both first place and honourable mention in one category lmao wtf im gonna find and fight this guy tbh

5 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Wow, congladurations... Kim? Eh, I'll just call you Hitori.

Will you be posting it on here?

thanks!! also call me kim; i change my username pretty much every month lol

I TOTALLY WOULD except i wouldn't because that is embarrassing a bit oops

(incidentally i have realized that we have not formally introduced ourselves to each other yet!! is there a name that you prefer?? it is nice to meet new people in this thread =))

3 hours ago, PKLucas531 said:

o ok it is still very good

talented people, deadass

thanks i appreciate it and also u

yes

ugh every night i'm like "no kim it won't take you two and a half hours to relax and listen to music" so i just set aside like half an hour except then i have a billion songs i want to listen to and then it's 10:29 and i haven't reached any of them so i am like "ok wow man i definitely learned my lesson, i will spend more time tomorrow" and then

46 minutes ago, Hitori said:

thanks!! also call me kim; i change my username pretty much every month lol

I TOTALLY WOULD except i wouldn't because that is embarrassing a bit oops

(incidentally i have realized that we have not formally introduced ourselves to each other yet!! is there a name that you prefer?? it is nice to meet new people in this thread =))

Alright! Kim it is.

I shan't push it, though, if you're willing to share it with your school and possibly the rest of the world then what's a bunch of faceless people on the internet?

Yeah, we haven't quite met yet, though I've seen you often in this thread. And you can just call me Rex... or whatever else you want. I don't mind.

urrrggghhh i have the sudden urge to learn how to play both of arvis's themes on keyboards but i also have the sudden urge to play fire emblem but i also want to study japanese but it's also getting late and i should probably not stay up for too long but i also want to read a lot of tolkien before i go to sleep

18 hours ago, buttmuncher.ops said:

i never backread this thredd but i always get clickbaited by hitoris spoilers

damn that's like the exact opposite of what i want to achieve by spoilering them tho....

18 hours ago, Koneko said:

im proud of you @Hitori 

also your art of feet from made me cry in a good way

thank u kitty ily and dedicate this to u

ur art inspires me and makes me cry too so i'm glad i can finally repay the favour =)

18 hours ago, PKLucas531 said:

yes hello wb kim how are u

u mention not being okay a lot so i am tempted to check in more sorry if it's a BOTHER eyes emoji

o do i oops sry

ive been good the past couple days just ridin off the happy of the award tbh. i can feel the stress creeping up on me but rn i will just be joyful

thx