• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

This doesn't discredit what I said, though. My point is this: Everything you just said you do with digital, you(or just about anyone) could do the same thing with physical, which is why I don't think it's "better"

True, but digital games have the essential advantage of being available all the time.

Never worrying that the game could be sold out and no unnecessary walks to stores and burnt time in queues

Physical copies have mainly a collector's value.

Of course it is nice to hold a copy in their own hands, but for me it has no real value for me.

Edited by Rosalina

For this particular discussion, I'd add the degradation of physical copies.

As my copy of Ace Combat 04 can attest, there comes the point where a physical copy will began to fail in some places... and soon enough, just about completely. Getting a new copy nowadays not only is a bit troublesome, not just in availability; but the fact that in these day and age, those copies would likewise be close to their breaking points, depending on their care.

I think I never ever had the issue that any of my consoles could not read the disc after a time anymore, but as for PC Discs I had this problem several times. They were scratched so much that they could not be read anymore. 

Also praise Radiant Dawn: I do not want to know how many times I inserted it into my Wii, but it still runs flawlessly. And I am talking about an used copy for 30 € at GameStop from 2013.

Edited by Rosalina

disks have the problems with scratching, cartridges have their problems with corruption... digitized mediums face the danger of corruption, too, but you can always back those up. on the other hand, some digitized copies rely entirely on the servers they're stored on as opposed to console systems, which means you can just get your software yoinked if the server provider decides they don't want to provide it anymore (see adobe creative suite's garbage fire earlier this year). it's a complicated topic and one i fully ignore because i like the way physical copies of things look on my shelves. 

19 hours ago, Rosalina said:

True, but digital games have the essential advantage of being available all the time.

Remember PT?

Also, when they got re-released recently, the classic DOOM games vanished from the Microsoft Store, couldn't download or install them, and people who already owned them couldn't play them. This got fixed very quickly though. I planned to mention server life with my examples here, but I got beated to the punch a bit.

It's all good though mein jules(or mein rosalina??) you do you. If you're wondering, I'm the kind of guy who just goes with what's best for my wallet and convenient for me.

On 8/11/2019 at 9:46 AM, Starman said:

that’s definitely not true for Scott Pilgrim the game 

or the duck tales game that’s about to be pulled down from steam

I didn't know about either of these, my copy of Scott Pilgrim is special now, oh my!

By the way, I gotta ask since it's the all the buzz with the youngsters, are you messing with 3H yet?(Not asking you on discord lol.gif)

4 hours ago, Soledai said:

I didn't know about either of these, my copy of Scott Pilgrim is special now, oh my!

By the way, I gotta ask since it's the all the buzz with the youngsters, are you messing with 3H yet?(Not asking you on discord lol.gif)

Sell your PS3/XB360 for a quick buck. Oh yeah

I have yet to play it myself actually, though it's on the bucket list. Hopefully sooner than later. 
eh, i needed some excuse to post here again. (that and i'm used to not getting much PMs over it...)

EDIT:
new page and got sent back all these older pages
i guess something's never change, huh?

Edited by Starman

On 8/12/2019 at 8:25 PM, Starman said:

Sell your PS3/XB360 for a quick buck. Oh yeah

I have yet to play it myself actually, though it's on the bucket list. Hopefully sooner than later. 
eh, i needed some excuse to post here again. (that and i'm used to not getting much PMs over it...)

EDIT:
new page and got sent back all these older pages
i guess something's never change, huh?

It would probably fetch a decent buck seeing how it can run "PS3 magic", but because of that, I'm also playing those neat PS3 games I missed out on, so it's been getting a lot more use.Poor PS4, I just got it and it's collecting dust

It's okay, I just mainly returned because I saw a post that I couldn't ignore...! (besides changing avis, that's still entertaining)

Boston comic con is pretty alright

On 8/16/2019 at 10:11 AM, Soledai said:

It would probably fetch a decent buck seeing how it can run "PS3 magic", but because of that, I'm also playing those neat PS3 games I missed out on, so it's been getting a lot more use.Poor PS4, I just got it and it's collecting dust

It's okay, I just mainly returned because I saw a post that I couldn't ignore...! (besides changing avis, that's still entertaining)

Like what?
It'll be there for when this happens to the PS4 when the PS5 drops .

Aw, nice to hear that every once and a while. thank you for replying.
gotta flex that idolmas taste somehow

On 8/17/2019 at 9:04 PM, Starman said:

Like what?
It'll be there for when this happens to the PS4 when the PS5 drops .

Aw, nice to hear that every once and a while. thank you for replying.
gotta flex that idolmas taste somehow

Short list incoming:

Spoiler

Souls series(including Demon's, up to 2, since 3 is on current gen. I'd also play that on PC anyway)
Crysis series
Finished the F.E.A.R. series(FEAR 3 was simply not a good game)
Hitman HD collection
Samurai Warriors 4
Dynasty Warriors 8XL
Alpha Protocol
Dabbled in 3 shoot'em ups(Soldner-something-it-was-trash-anyway, Ketsui Extra, Raystorm)
Obligatory SRW(Specifically: Pride of Justice... binged it for a week, finished my 3rd playthrough yesterday)
And the realization that I need a bigger HDD for what I'm doing

Games that were really good in what I've played: Crysis 1, Hitman 2, SW4, Pride of Justice, Dark Souls 1, Alpha Protocol*
Alpha Protocol was a tricky case. It annoyed me at first(first area is a goddamn slog), then after a while, I enjoyed it a ton. You could probably say it's a bad game with good charm, or it's a good game with ruined potential

Useless trivia: Ketsui Extra was the first game I got on the enhanced PS3

Wondering what I'll tackle next? More SRW; Coffin of the End, it's the finale of the Masou Kishin SRW. Then probably SRW Z3 again, I tried before but couldn't get into it. So I want to see if it was bad timing, or if I'm really just not interested.
tbh, I think I'd want Switch magic before PS4 magic

I'm just that kinda guy(tm), the PM that kept me here is also not-dead(tm), so I hop on to reply to that too.
I had thought about doing Cinderella Girls for another year, then switching to other idolmas, but oof

On 8/19/2019 at 1:18 PM, Soledai said:

Short list incoming:

Hide contents

Souls series(including Demon's, up to 2, since 3 is on current gen. I'd also play that on PC anyway)
Crysis series
Finished the F.E.A.R. series(FEAR 3 was simply not a good game)
Hitman HD collection
Samurai Warriors 4
Dynasty Warriors 8XL
Alpha Protocol
Dabbled in 3 shoot'em ups(Soldner-something-it-was-trash-anyway, Ketsui Extra, Raystorm)
Obligatory SRW(Specifically: Pride of Justice... binged it for a week, finished my 3rd playthrough yesterday)
And the realization that I need a bigger HDD for what I'm doing

Games that were really good in what I've played: Crysis 1, Hitman 2, SW4, Pride of Justice, Dark Souls 1, Alpha Protocol*
Alpha Protocol was a tricky case. It annoyed me at first(first area is a goddamn slog), then after a while, I enjoyed it a ton. You could probably say it's a bad game with good charm, or it's a good game with ruined potential

Useless trivia: Ketsui Extra was the first game I got on the enhanced PS3

Wondering what I'll tackle next? More SRW; Coffin of the End, it's the finale of the Masou Kishin SRW. Then probably SRW Z3 again, I tried before but couldn't get into it. So I want to see if it was bad timing, or if I'm really just not interested.
tbh, I think I'd want Switch magic before PS4 magic

I'm just that kinda guy(tm), the PM that kept me here is also not-dead(tm), so I hop on to reply to that too.
I had thought about doing Cinderella Girls for another year, then switching to other idolmas, but oof

Damn thats stacked SW4 and DWXL 8 are the biggest surprises for me. But then i remember there was that period where you were stuck with that laptop.
Alpha protocol sounds like an interesting thing if it's pretty divisive. might check it out

SRW don't sound too much of a bad thing to do, what with it being an end of an era. Or maybe thats just me.

didn't know shiny colors was so intimidating..

12 hours ago, Graham said:

I’m back after my five year time skip

i'd make some comment about Three houses but i have yet to play it
: (

But anyway, in the wise ancient words of the great philosopher; Sonic the Hedgehog
Long time no see