Fire Emblem: Multiplayer

Chudooder

While looking at the Lords, I noticed that Eliwood has 6 Move despite having a horse. Marth meanwhile seems to have been taking morning jogs and has improved his Move to 7. Were these intentional?

If not, IMO Marth could probably keep his Move change considering he's otherwise outclassed again by the Swordmasters, while Eliwood wants that pony movement for obvious reasons (and to at least try to keep pace with the Sacred Stones twins).

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the new version! Some friends and I have been playing it to see the balance changes. I agree with the Tana nerf because she was very OP before with her high avoid and Gradivus. But something that confuses me a bit is the Erk buff. Erk used to have 25 speed at level 20, but that's been increased to 30. With Excalibur, that gives him 35 speed. It seems confusing to me because it gives him permanent 1-2 range, enough speed to double nearly everybody in the game, and he hits res (which is generally lower than def). Also it seems to make the other Sages a bit worthless.

Will definitely look into that for v1.0.

While looking at the Lords, I noticed that Eliwood has 6 Move despite having a horse. Marth meanwhile seems to have been taking morning jogs and has improved his Move to 7. Were these intentional?

If not, IMO Marth could probably keep his Move change considering he's otherwise outclassed again by the Swordmasters, while Eliwood wants that pony movement for obvious reasons (and to at least try to keep pace with the Sacred Stones twins).

Lol at the morning jogs. XD But yes, the increased move on Marth is intentional, due to his lack of a ranged weapon and general stat inferiority to Ike (even after nerfing him). Eliwood's 6 mov is probably an oversight on my part, and will be changed to 8 in 1.0.

I would give you a good reason for why Ike doesn't have range right now, but I'm not too sure myself. Depending on how he balances out we might change that in 1.0.

If you haven't torn open the .jar and located the stats file already, I made a webpage with a sortable table of all the characters:

http://chudooder.github.io/FEMultiplayer/stats.html

If this hasn't been said already. I suggest adding a chat or something in-battle... but then again there may be one that I'm not aware of. I'm still messing around with this.

EDIT: Then again, that might be a bit needless. I've been using skype to chat with my friends over this.

Edited by PhantomHanrei

If this hasn't been said already. I suggest adding a chat or something in-battle... but then again there may be one that I'm not aware of. I'm still messing around with this.

EDIT: Then again, that might be a bit needless. I've been using skype to chat with my friends over this.

When you are in battle (on the map screen), you can press enter to chat. Yaay hidden features that we never mentioned! XD

Oh, thank you. Also, may I suggest a feature (Once more if it wasn't already mentioned)? Me and my friends noticed that multiple people can be in one group. I was wondering if there was the possibility of Multiple players in one team mode kinda thing or something like that?

Oh, thank you. Also, may I suggest a feature (Once more if it wasn't already mentioned)? Me and my friends noticed that multiple people can be in one group. I was wondering if there was the possibility of Multiple players in one team mode kinda thing or something like that?

That is something we have been thinking about for a while (actually that's why multiple people can be in a group), but is not a feature we plan on implementing before 1.0.

EDIT: Also, with the current release, joining multiple players per team may cause strange game behavior, so we'd recommend not doing that for now.

Edited by jedyobidan

One more thing from me. I have found that when at the unit selecting screen every once in a while I accidentally press start. Is there any way you could add a "Are you sure?" kinda thing for pressing start? That'd be helpful in case of a key pressing slip up.

Edited by PhantomHanrei

Dunno if this has been reported yet, but Hammer is effective on Paladins.

Also, Lancereaver doesn't seem to be effective on Swordreaver.

W2JlSzT.png

One more thing from me. I have found that when at the unit selecting screen every once in a while I accidentally press start. Is there any way you could add a "Are you sure?" kinda thing for pressing start? That'd be helpful in case of a key pressing slip up.

We could probably add that with a bit of effort.

Dunno if this has been reported yet, but Hammer is effective on Paladins.

Also, Lancereaver doesn't seem to be effective on Swordreaver.

Paladins are considered armored units for now, but that may change if we ever add great knights (otherwise only generals are armored). I will check out the lancereaver swordreaver thing right now.

EDIT: Found the reaver bug; I forgot to unreverse the triangle for two reavers.

Edited by jedyobidan

One count of the game freezing when attempting to attack with Gilliam using Gradivus from the right throne in the Fort map.

Two counts of the game crashing for both players. Once on Town and once on Decay. Both times the game had barely started.

Please add some kind of verbose error output for these types of situations.

One count of the game freezing when attempting to attack with Gilliam using Gradivus from the right throne in the Fort map.

Two counts of the game crashing for both players. Once on Town and once on Decay. Both times the game had barely started.

Please add some kind of verbose error output for these types of situations.

Do you have any error logs? they should be found in the same directory as the JAR file. If you have a file called error_log_server*.log, also post the server log, found in the logs directory, and we'll see what we can do.

EDIT: Also, if you can, describe the steps up to the crash. For the freezing, did the game freeze once you confirmed the attack? For the game crash, had any turns gone by at all?

Edited by jedyobidan

Alright everyone, v0.5.0 is out now!

This will be our final beta release before v1.0.0, unless major game-breaking bugs are found. Please test for balancing, bugs (thought the game should be stable at this point), and whatever you can find.

https://github.com/chudooder/FEMultiplayer/releases/tag/v0.5.0-beta

v0.5.0 introduces a new pick mode to Fire Emblem Multiplayer: Draft Mode! Take turns picking and banning units in a contest of wit and strategy before equipping your team and launching into battle.

EdpRCDL.png

officially the best multiplayer fe game of all time

So I do. Will post.

error_log_server_listener68116861.log

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
	at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:185)
	at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:199)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.peek(ObjectInputStream.java:2291)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.peek(ObjectInputStream.java:2584)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.peekByte(ObjectInputStream.java:2594)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1317)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:369)
	at net.fe.network.ServerListener.run(ServerListener.java:45)
error_log_server_listener8362730.log

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
	at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:185)
	at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:199)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.peek(ObjectInputStream.java:2291)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.peek(ObjectInputStream.java:2584)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.peekByte(ObjectInputStream.java:2594)
error_log_server_listener8361654.log

java.io.EOFException
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.peekByte(ObjectInputStream.java:2596)
error_log_client8360922.log

java.lang.ClassCastException: net.fe.fightStage.anim.DodgeAnimation cannot be cast to net.fe.fightStage.anim.AttackAnimation
	at net.fe.fightStage.FightStage.processAttackQueue(FightStage.java:232)
	at net.fe.fightStage.FightStage.beginStep(FightStage.java:170)
	at net.fe.transition.OverworldFightTransition.<init>(OverworldFightTransition.java:33)
	at net.fe.FEMultiplayer.goToFightStage(FEMultiplayer.java:272)
	at net.fe.overworldStage.ClientOverworldStage$5.execute(ClientOverworldStage.java:380)
	at net.fe.unit.Unit.onStep(Unit.java:238)
	at net.fe.overworldStage.ClientOverworldStage.onStep(ClientOverworldStage.java:209)
	at net.fe.FEMultiplayer.loop(FEMultiplayer.java:240)
	at net.fe.FEMultiplayer.main(FEMultiplayer.java:69)
error_log_client7436834.log

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.fe.Session.removePlayer(Session.java:48)
	at net.fe.overworldStage.OverworldStage.beginStep(OverworldStage.java:210)
	at net.fe.overworldStage.ClientOverworldStage.beginStep(ClientOverworldStage.java:164)
	at net.fe.FEMultiplayer.loop(FEMultiplayer.java:239)
	at net.fe.FEMultiplayer.main(FEMultiplayer.java:69)
error_log_server7436815.log

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.fe.Session.removePlayer(Session.java:48)
	at net.fe.overworldStage.OverworldStage.beginStep(OverworldStage.java:210)
	at net.fe.network.FEServer.loop(FEServer.java:309)
	at net.fe.network.FEServer$4$2.run(FEServer.java:245)
The freeze happened when I confirmed the attack but before the attack could animate.

The crashes happened at various times, as far as I know, simply moving. I believe both times it happened on the non-host's (enemy) phase.

Edited by Makaze

I was attacking Joshua. It was not ranged. I was attacking from the right throne with Joshua on the space to the left of the throne using Gradivus.

I was attacking Joshua. It was not ranged. I was attacking from the right throne with Joshua on the space to the left of the throne using Gradivus.

So, if I'm getting this right, you attacked Joshua with Gilliam using Gradivus, and the game froze (but didn't crash).

Do you, perhaps, remember what Joshua had equipped before you attacked?

Oh, that reminds me.

I was doing the draft mode (on accident) and towards the end I got a bunch of extra units (I picked two, and then I got two more randomly or some such) and my opponent lost some of their picks or something. I don't have any more detailed information and the game didn't crash; it doesn't look like there's anything in the error logs either.

So, just a heads up that something is going on.

The extra units didn't show up, of course, and I had foolishly loaded Neimi up with 12 levels and ~10K gold.

It didn't go well for me.

Oh, that reminds me.

I was doing the draft mode (on accident) and towards the end I got a bunch of extra units (I picked two, and then I got two more randomly or some such) and my opponent lost some of their picks or something. I don't have any more detailed information and the game didn't crash; it doesn't look like there's anything in the error logs either.

So, just a heads up that something is going on.

That's pretty weird; if it happens again, see if you can figure out how to reproduce it.

So, if I'm getting this right, you attacked Joshua with Gilliam using Gradivus, and the game froze (but didn't crash).

Do you, perhaps, remember what Joshua had equipped before you attacked?

Correct.

Afraid I don't remember. Probably a Wo Dao.

Edited by Makaze

It was a Wo Dao.

I was the one attacking as Joshua, he had his Gilliam on the right throne.

Seems like everything works fine on our end; do you have a way to reproduce the bug reliably?

If not, can you post the server log of the battle in question? Server logs can be found in the logs folder in the same directory as the jar.

Edited by jedyobidan

Seems like everything works fine on our end; do you have a way to reproduce the bug reliably?

If not, can you post the server log of the battle in question? Server logs can be found in the logs folder in the same directory as the jar.

Sorry, Don't.

When it happened, everything was working fine on my end; it was Makaze who froze and glitched out in that.