Pokemon Showdown in a nutshell

Generic General

Some guy was being a sore loser once and said I only won because I was being "unoriginal" with my team comp. Crawdaunt, Florges, Roserade, MegaManectric. While his team was Aegislash, Talonflame, MegaLucario, Tyranitar, Dragonite, and Quagsire. People on Showdown are just afraid of losing and instead of finding flaws in their teams or the way they play, they project it on the opponent.

Some guy was being a sore loser once and said I only won because I was being "unoriginal" with my team comp. Crawdaunt, Florges, Roserade, MegaManectric. While his team was Aegislash, Talonflame, MegaLucario, Tyranitar, Dragonite, and Quagsire. People on Showdown are just afraid of losing and instead of finding flaws in their teams or the way they play, they project it on the opponent.

Talk about hypocritical...

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/frost-ou-288964

How NOT to go against a Venomoth when using Grass types.

I get insulted the whole time when I win because I apparently got quite high on the ladder (1600-1700) and people can't accept to lose some mere 20 points.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a crap about points?

All I want is to play against strong opponents. I don't want to create new usernames each time I play because people in their 1000-1200s aren't competitive enough in my opinion most of the times, but why all the top players have to be dicks? :\

"You use baton pass you're gay"

"Only faggots use that set"

(this one was the best): "OMG my Will-o-Wisp hit you, but if I had missed, you would have KOed me and I would have countered you and won. I get haxed even when I am lucky -__- you suck, die haxor *forfeits*"

.... Seriously?

I just don't understand if most people on showdown are kids or angry immature nerds, or both.

It took me several years to create my original sets, I just won't allow them to insult me because I'm "unoriginal" since I don't follow those overused and boring standard sets.

I'll just point out the 1337 rating you have now. Just.. yeah.

I'm not that good of a Competitive Pokemon battler, not due to me being terrible (okay, maybe) but due to the fact I just want to use my favorites. There's much better ideas out there, but I seem to stay with the gimmicky sets that only work 1/8th of the time.

Edited by Melonhead

I'll just point out the 1337 rating you have now. Just.. yeah.

I'm not that good of a Competitive Pokemon battler, not due to me being terrible (okay, maybe) but due to the fact I just want to use my favorites. There's much better ideas out there, but I seem to stay with the gimmicky sets that only work 1/8th of the time.

I started Showdown not long ago, what is like, the average rating? ;_;

I hate when people complain about "unoriginal" sets. When I used a team made of 4 very used OU pokemon, every once in a while someone would complain about me using "unoriginal" pokemon. That's such a dumb thing to complain about, since those pokemon are overused, he should be prepared to fight them lol.

Now I'm using a team made with not so used pokemon, yet I've seem people complain about my "gay ass legendary", Manaphy, which isn't even OU lol.

Edited by Nobody

I hate when people complain about "unoriginal" sets. When I used a team made of 4 very used OU pokemon, every once in a while someone would complain about me using "unoriginal" pokemon? That's such a dumb thing to complain about, since those pokemon are overused, he should be prepared to fight them lol.

Now I'm using a team made with not so used pokemon, yet I've seem people complain about my "gay ass legendary", Manaphy, which isn't even OU lol.

*shrugs* I can totally understand you, man.

Let them talk. They're only good at insulting people on the internet since all they have in their life are some useless points in an online game. I may be brutal but most of the people I've found on Showdown gave me that impression.

I must say I've found some really kind folk too, though. But that's kinda rare.

How does Manaphy work in gen 6 btw? I haven't tried out that yet.

I can't get over 1050 with the new ladder, seriously.

Back in the old days, I was around 1200ish, so that, I guess?

Now it just doesn't matter to me anymore.

*shrugs* I can totally understand you, man.

Let them talk. They're only good at insulting people on the internet since all they have in their life are some useless points in an online game. I may be brutal but most of the people I've found on Showdown gave me that impression.

I must say I've found some really kind folk too, though. But that's kinda rare.

yeah, not everyone on showdown is an idiot, there are many nice people there as well, who try to start a conversation during battles, or even share their sets.

I never used manaphy in gen V, so I don't know how it was in comparison, but I find it pretty good in gen VI. I honestly don't know how it fell to UU.

Edited by Nobody

Tail Glow + 3 Attacks (Surf, Ice Beam and either Energy Ball (for Rotom-W) or Psychic (for Venusaur) is the most common Manaphy set I've seen (out of the like... 3 I've fought haha).

A monoattacking set is pretty good as well, and it's actually the set that got it banned last gen. It has Calm Mind, Rest, Scald and Rain Dance, and is great as a standalone Pokemon. A +6 Manaphy can 2HKO Blissey, and has a pretty good chance at 2HKOing Chansey as well. It's generally really easy to get set up this far between your full HP recovery with Rest+Hydration.

I dunno, most people seem okay to me.

Although one guy was like, "YOUR TREVENANT SURVIVED MY GARCHOMP'S OUTRAGE, THAT'S WHY YOU WON!"

...I had a 67% chance of surviving that. And on top of that, I had a Sash-ed Azelf back, so I would've one anyway.

And then there was this Japanese guy who I tried talking to.

I couldn't really do it, though, since my Japanese isn't that good. -_-'

BUT THEN AGAIN, I don't play that much; I'm just around the 1350 mark atm.

yeah, not everyone on showdown is an idiot, there are many nice people there as well, who try to start a conversation during battles, or even share their sets.

I never used manaphy in gen V, so I don't know how it was in comparison, but I find it pretty good in gen VI. I honestly don't know how it fell to UU.

Tail Glow + 3 Attacks (Surf, Ice Beam and either Energy Ball (for Rotom-W) or Psychic (for Venusaur) is the most common Manaphy set I've seen (out of the like... 3 I've fought haha).

A monoattacking set is pretty good as well, and it's actually the set that got it banned last gen. It has Calm Mind, Rest, Scald and Rain Dance, and is great as a standalone Pokemon. A +6 Manaphy can 2HKO Blissey, and has a pretty good chance at 2HKOing Chansey as well. It's generally really easy to get set up this far between your full HP recovery with Rest+Hydration.

Oh I see, thanks you both.

That set with Rain Dance seems pretty bossy, I should try that.

I dunno, most people seem okay to me.

Although one guy was like, "YOUR TREVENANT SURVIVED MY GARCHOMP'S OUTRAGE, THAT'S WHY YOU WON!"

...I had a 67% chance of surviving that. And on top of that, I had a Sash-ed Azelf back, so I would've one anyway.

And then there was this Japanese guy who I tried talking to.

I couldn't really do it, though, since my Japanese isn't that good. -_-'

BUT THEN AGAIN, I don't play that much; I'm just around the 1350 mark atm.

Meh, I'm probably overreacting because I've only played against top players as of lately and 9/10 of them were really inpolite.

But really, I wish I had encountered all those nice guys you seem to be talking about.

I'll just pick another username and reset my points the next time, I'm sick of getting insulted for nothing.

1350 is good, Neal. Well, you're good.

It's fun to see how japanese people are over-centralizing the Battle Spot in the main games, while they're totally beatable on Showdown.

What usernames do you guys usually use on Showdown? It'd be cool to find each other every once in a while.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

I remember how trollish one of my stall teams was back in last generation and had people raging because all I did was recovering and they kept losing to poison, burns, phazing and sandstorm.

Some other dude also declared himself the winner midfight until I swept him with a Feraligatr. I did slam it in his face right after but that's just me.

The average Glicko-1 rating (*not* Elo) is 1500. The standard deviation is, according to this post, about 130.

I have no clue what the average Elo rating on Showdown is, though. I think Glicko-1 is more likely to accurately predict wins since it's more robust (this is both a good thing and a bad thing, since real improvement is not borne out as noticeably under Glicko-1), whereas your Elo rating can fluctuate pretty wildly.

Edited by Miikaya

Meh, I'm probably overreacting because I've only played against top players as of lately and 9/10 of them were really inpolite.

But really, I wish I had encountered all those nice guys you seem to be talking about.

I'll just pick another username and reset my points the next time, I'm sick of getting insulted for nothing.

1350 is good, Neal. Well, you're good.

It's fun to see how japanese people are over-centralizing the Battle Spot in the main games, while they're totally beatable on Showdown.

What usernames do you guys usually use on Showdown? It'd be cool to find each other every once in a while.

Since you really don't seem to care about points, yeah, making a new account would be good. I mean, some of the people aren't the *coughcough* most well-read in Pokemon, but a lot of people are fun to talk to.

Not good enough.

Battle Spot is no fun anymore, because so much OU (and Kangas). Even though I use mostly OU, too.

Mine's "Fruity_Insanity," like my last username. How about yours?

Talk about hypocritical...

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/frost-ou-288964

How NOT to go against a Venomoth when using Grass types.

holy shit the person with the venomoth was my friend emmy

Anyways I run a offensive scolipede not the pussy passers and people are like ur unoriginal and I'm like u try using a bug mono in OU not mono norm OU I use scizor yanmega as my anti dragons and volca as anti water scoli as a speed raper forretrees as a SR then custap explosion(which sucks cause custap ain't back yet ) and a heracross for anti rock and he's moxied and scarfed :)

Edited by Ronman5