Some Questions Regarding FE4 and Nightmare

WiiUExposed

Hi guys. I'm new here, so I may sound like a noob when I write about this. Now that I got that out of the way...

I'm using Nightmare to turn Sigurd into Alvis (Arvis if you wanna be official) and vice-versa. I already got Sigurd turned into Arvis for the most part, with a less-than-obvious method (for me at least).

At first, I tried just changing the "Char no." (1st gen editor module) from Sigurd to Alvis along with the "Char name." However, when I loaded the game to test this, it was all fine except for the fact that the map sprite was that of a Duke Knight. I tried doing this method on different characters, each ending in the same result. Once I changed the characters back to their normalities, the map sprites were normal

After that missed attempt, I changed Sigurd's name to Alvis with the "Char name" box, I changed his Portrait to Alvis', and I turned the Knight Lord into a copy of the Sage class. I would just change it to the Sage class, but I need to be able to seize castles. This worked without any side effects (as far as I can tell).

My first question is this: has anyone encountered the Duke Knight map sprite problem previously?

I have one more question. Don't worry, I won't write another essay explaining it.

I figured out how to make Valflame (Falaflame if you prefer) obtainable by using the "Player Weapon Editor" module. However, is it possible to change Alvis' Valflame into a Tyrfing in the Prologue? I can't find anything of the sort as of now, so if anyone can give me an answer, then thanks in advance.

Go to the Holy Character editor, you'll find "Alvis" and you can change his weapon there. Never mess with the character number, you'll really confuse things if you do that.

Thanks! He was in Holy Character 4, but since I was only looking at the 0x00 tab in it, I didn't see Alvis.

EDIT: After playing for some time, I noticed that the "Lead" box for other units still said Sigurd, and during Battle animations, it also said Sigurd. Am I missing something?

Edited by WiiUExposed

• 2 weeks later...
At first, I tried just changing the "Char no." (1st gen editor module) from Sigurd to Alvis along with the "Char name."

don't do these, changing the character number should never be done due to how it interacts with events and such

changing the character name is mostly just for reference, it has no effect in several places; to change this properly, change the pointers, which can be found with the Char Name Pointer Editor reference list

My first question is this: has anyone encountered the Duke Knight map sprite problem previously?

this is related to something I mentioned in my FE4 Stuff topic

- another note, relating to map sprites and shield sprites: if you use and customize the map sprite editor, the pointers for them are at $3825E I believe

- this applies to both the map sprite and shield definition/sprite editor too: when pointing to a certain class, it will read from each class in the list until it reaches a character(shields) or gender(map sprites) that reads FF, then it moves to the next pointer

- this is why when making someone not sigurd or celice into a lord knight, they look like a duke knight because duke knights come right after; since only the lords are lord knights, and their sprites are specified by character, there's no need to give them gender or an 'end list' code

since you're probably not worried about shifting around map sprites too much at this point, to fix it just go into the map sprite editor and modify the lord knight entry

if you change the character number to sigurd's it will allow him a custom map sprite

Edited by Lamia