Pondering an FEXNA Remake

Arch

Poll  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which game would you most like to see remade with FEXNA?

• FE1
    • FE2
    • FE5
    • FE6
    • FE7

I've been wanting to do an FEXNA remake for a long time, and I've got docs drawn up for most of the older games (FE1, FE2, FE4, FE5, and FE6). I'm just sort of in the pondering phase, and honestly, I don't know much about the game to begin with, never actually beat it. Out of all the games that want a remake, FE2 seems the most in-need of an overhaul.

[spoiler=FE2 Stuff]Here's the Google Doc outline.

Some ideas/goals:

• Level-up magic system retained; also adding tomes and staves, which allow units to cast spells without having learned them (at the cost of limited use and weighing down the spellcaster, these items are uncommon and expensive). Learned spells cost HP to use.

• Villagers replaced with FE8-style specific trainee classes. No third-tier classes for normal units.

• Switching to the normal way of handling items and equipment.

• Traversable world map with visitable villages and skirmishes, obviously.

• Fleshing out the maps into full chapters, redoing a lot of the designs.

• Taking out the Archanea references (sorry, fans of the Peg Knight trio).

• I want to do something about making bows more viable (since they were so great in the original), but Gaiden's approach of giving archers a third tier with a mount and 1-5 range is a bit...much? Maybe 2-3 range for standard bows, 2-5 for the longbow?

• I also want to try to expand on the split party system. It'll have certain points in the story where the parties meet and can swap units and items, you can send items to the other party by talking to an NPC in the villages. Part 3 alternates the parties, and I wanted to possibly add a merged section in Part 4 if it makes sense. Could somebody explain the "frozen party" issue I've heard about towards the end?

I'd love to hear some feedback. Ideas are much appreciated, comments on areas where FE2 could stand to be improved. I'm still in the pondering phase, most of my remake attentions have been focused on FE1, FE5 and FE6, so the concepts for a gaiden remake are still being developed in my head.

Edited by Arch

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't edit the doc itself, but I just enabled the comments section. Or you could just write it up and post it on the forums, whatever works.

You can't edit the doc itself, but I just enabled the comments section. Or you could just write it up and post it on the forums, whatever works.

Ah, I see. I was going to suggest that we have Catria/Palla as the recruitable pegasus knight in Part 3 chapter 2.

arch u stole my ideaz give em back

EDIT: I can actually help with FE2 stuff (and ternt too probably) so yeah. It does definitely need an overhaul, you're right.

Edited by Tryhard

Ah, I see. I was going to suggest that we have Catria/Palla as the recruitable pegasus knight in Part 3 chapter 2.

I was planning on taking out the Archanea references (since the only references were the peg trio and the inexplicable Falchion appearance).

Pretty sure it's not the same Falchion, you know Narga could have had more than one tooth, right?

EDIT Also what about Zeke?

Edited by Refa

arch u stole my ideaz give em back

EDIT: I can actually help with FE2 stuff (and ternt too probably) so yeah. It does definitely need an overhaul, you're right.

I'd love to hear whatever other ideas you've got, Kelsper. Probably gonna be referencing your LP a bunch, too. And I also need someone to explain this frozen party thing at the end?

Pretty sure it's not the same Falchion, you know Narga could have had more than one tooth, right?

EDIT Also what about Zeke?

There are enough mounted characters already. Maybe throw him a cameo?

This Falchion is another sword, but wasn't forged from Narga's fang. It was made to imprison the goddess Mila, and her spirit gives the weapon its power. Honestly, since it's already such a different sword story-wise, I'd prefer to just change the name and design Alm his own personal divine weapon

Oh. I could think up a pegasus knight for that chapter if ya want.

Much appreciated, but I'm not handling original character development quite yet. Edited by Arch

Your google docs says there is going to be a recruitable axe user. Can I suggest a female axe fighter for this modern remake of FE gaiden?

I was planning on a female Pirate and Berserker, but might switch that OC Fighter. All depends if we get an animation for it, I suppose.

I was planning on a female Pirate and Berserker, but might switch that OC Fighter. All depends if we get an animation for it, I suppose.

I know there are some animations that Ecut made for female fighter and female zerker somewhere in the forums.

I'm reading the character docs and I'm liking the new characters: a Brigand, a FemFighter, Dracoknights, a FemPirate-

>Master Knight Mycen and Archsage Nomah

Well now...

(I take it Arbalest and Slayer are new names for Sniper and Dread Fighter?)

Edited by X-Naut

He says tomes are going to weigh the caster down, so I assume learned spells are going to have either no weight or a lower penalty.

Why take out the Peg Knights and Zeke? The second Falchion, I can understand, since that can be attributed to Early Instalment Wierdness but taking out 4 characters, especially Camus/Zeke/Sirius (who references someone who can only be assumed to be Teeta even in FE12 in his dialogue with Nyna) is bizarre.

i see from the cast list you don't have zeke aka camus in there anymore, is this just because of you removing Archanea references or is it something else.

because as i remember, the zeke identity played a rather important role in the side story of camus.

if you ever need help with this say map design, character stuff ect. ect. id be happy to give ya a hand.

also no learned spells, that just seems A] hard to balance when you have tomes and staves around as well and B] pointless as you have tomes and staves around.

Edited by ShinyPichu

Eh, not a big fan of removing Zeek, as him losing his memory and derping around in Valentia is actually kinda important (and relevant, as Teeta is why he hides his identity from Nyna in FE3).

But if you get rid of the peg sisters you get rid of Celica's motivation for traveling through the desert, (rescue Est from Geyse) Admittedly, you could skip it in gaiden anyway, lol,

Edited by L95

You should keep Zeke, who is important to Teeta's story, but drop the pegasus sisters, because they pretty much had no place there (I think)

Their place in the story was that Est was kidnapped by Geyse's pirates.

I guess I can sorta see removing the Pegasus Trio, since it's kinda weird that they'd wind up on Valencia(Unless Geyse's pirates operate in Akaneia as well). I'd say no to removing Zeke, though that's just a personal thing. As long as he shows up in some form, I guess, I don't mind if he isn't playable.

Also, holy s*** Arch, you have a lot of projects you're working on. O_O