Headcanon Thread

Anacybele

So, a lot of us have probably noticed that we've had a lot of threads here on pairings and different kinds of challenge runs and all, but I only recall there ever being one thread on Awakening headcanons. Maybe two.

No, this isn't really about pairings, though it can have some relation to the topic. I've added more to my own headcanon since the last thread, so I thought I'd revive the subject. :)

I'll put each part of it in spoiler tags since it's a bit long.

Frederick's History

First, there's the backstory I came up with for Frederick. Despite having grown up in a village in the hills, his family is, in fact, of noble lineage. Chrom's father, however, wanted Frederick's father to go to war for months, possibly years, on in while Freddy was still a toddler. There was no way his dad was going to leave his son without hardly getting to know him and vice versa, so Frederick's parents took him and ran. They eventually found this village and decided to stay hidden there while raising Frederick on their family ideals and values. It could explain why he's so sophisticated even though he lived in such a simple place. And why he was able to become such a high-ranking knight. It's generally rare for a commoner to attain such a position. I gather his parents were rather wealthy to be able to afford him the education and training that he must have had to become the man he is.

Female Avatar and Love

Next, there's my headcanon pairings, but as I said, that's only a small part of this, and you can see my list in the about me section of my profile. I've explained them numerous times in past pairing threads, so yeah. :P

Moving on, I also have some headcanon about Chrom. He develops feelings for Kelli, my female Avatar, in a rather short time, but at the same time, Kelli falls head-over-heels in love with Frederick. She's entirely oblivious of Chrom because of her crush on Freddy and her attempts to get his attention and affection. I figure that if Cordelia must have forever unrequited love for Chrom, why not put the lord himself in the same boat for once? I think it'd be very interesting. Anywho, Kelli is also not interested in the life of a royal anyway. She loves her tactics and training, and she'd rather spend her life helping Frederick with the army. And of course, she loves him for basically the same reasons I do. It takes some time and elbow grease, but Kelli finally wins her Freddy Bear's heart, and when she ecstatically relays the news that she and Frederick are engaged, Chrom is quite heartbroken. However, he vainly hides it and congratulates the two anyway. Of course, Kelli still has no clue, but Frederick suspects something isn't right with the prince, while Lissa and everyone else pretty much know. Chrom refuses to say anything, and insists that he's fine. Frederick and Kelli are wed during the two-year time skip.

Secrets Revealed

Kelli doesn't actually find out about how Chrom felt until long past the two-year time skip and after the events of Awakening are over (it doesn't matter which ending occurred either). While she's around five or six months pregnant with baby Morgan and having a friendly chat with Lissa (the two are like sisters by this time, though of course, Kelli knows she can't truly replace Emmeryn), they talk about some old times and Lissa accidentally spills the beans. Kelli is near devastated to hear that she hurt Chrom so, and because he's one of her best friends, she leaves immediately to go talk to him and apologize. Chrom tells her there's no need to worry for him, he found another woman and is happy (for me it's Olivia, but if you want, you can imagine that it's Sumia or Maribelle or Sully or even generic village girl instead). Though Kelli admits that she likely would have never returned his feelings anyway, she still hates that she made him go through such pain and wants to make up for it somehow. Chrom says that that's not necessary, as he knew she'd never choose him. It was hard for him to let go of that truth, but he eventually grew to accept and support her choice. Kelli finally smiles and is glad he's happy.

Also during this time, a twist of fate leads Frederick and Kelli to meet Kelli's long lost mother, Cristina (her name is in reference to the FE12 tactician, much like Morgan's Japanese name is in reference to FE7's). Kelli is overjoyed to have found her, as now her baby boy will have a third grandparent in his life (Frederick's parents are still alive in my headcanon. I saw no reason why either of them should be dead). Cristina reveals the entire truth about how she met Validar and how he had fooled her into having his child. For the longest time, she thought he cared for her and had good intentions, but she later discovered that she and the newborn girl were just pawns in an evil plot and fled with her child. But she was found some years later and her daughter was taken from her. She hasn't any idea how Kelli lost her memory, unfortunately. But trouble ensues, and some leftover followers of Validar and the Grimleal come after Cristina, Kelli, and Frederick. One of them also has a bone to pick with Freddy especially because of some events in my short story Happy Together. When Kelli is barely into her ninth month of pregnancy, the trio is attacked, and Kelli is struck with a magic attack. She's forced into premature labor as a result, and Frederick has to rush his wife to the nearest clinic...while Cristina is left alone with the assassins. Cristina insists that she knows what to do, as she'd been running from these people for years. On his way to the clinic, Frederick orders a militia he passes by to alert his parents and Chrom at the palace.

Frederick gets Kelli medical care just in time, and both she and baby Morgan make it. Morgan is very small, however, and still needs to be monitored before the new parents can take him home. Morgan appears to be a deal smaller than the other children, yet still fairly mature, and sometimes he seems a bit mentally challenged (but high-functioning), so I believe it's possible that he might've been a premature birth (this applies to female Morgan as well, btw, though the reason for her being born early could be different).

I'm undecided about one thing, though:

Should Cristina survive? Or would that make for too many happy endings? xP

And that's all I have right now. The Avatar is easy to come up with a headcanon for, so yeah. I also think that the male and female Avatars are siblings, but only one of them is named Grima's vessel. Whichever one it is depends on the gender the player chooses at the beginning of the game. The gender that the player does not choose is an older half-sibling that the Avatar's mother conceived with a different man before she met Validar (this is a secret also revealed to my female Avatar by her mother). Meaning there are technically two realities to my headcanon, but I've only developed one of them because I've only played a female Avatar so far.

But yeah, this is a bit extensive and complex, as I am an author. :P

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention one other thing. I also think that in the timeline we play in, the first gen characters have more children (including my OC daughter for Frederick, Antoinette, of course) than just the ones we see from the future, because the parents remain alive this time and life becomes much more peaceful.

EDIT2: I've made my decision on that undecided situation:

Cristina's fate will remain anonymous for now. I'll just write that she hasn't yet been found, either alive or dead, but that Chrom will have people search for her. And if she's found alive, she'll be given protection at the palace until the assassins are dealt with.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, a lot of us have probably noticed that we've had a lot of threads here on pairings and different kinds of challenge runs and all, but I only recall there ever being one thread on Awakening headcanons. Maybe two.

Regardless of exactly how many there have been, there are enough to justify a "not this thread again..."

I consider whatever pairings I'm currently using to be canon. In this case, I'd have none because I just started a new file.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

But unlike those other threads, this one isn't asking for shipping wars and whatnot. xP

At least I hope it isn't. It's not intended for such, obviously.

Oh, also, I've decided on that undecided situation I had:

Cristina's fate will remain anonymous for now. I'll just write that she hasn't yet been found, either alive or dead, but that Chrom will have people search for her. And if she's found alive, she'll be given protection at the palace until the assassins are dealt with.

Edited by Anacybele

What exactly is a headcanon anyway?

Headcanon is inferring something that may be hinted at in different degrees, but has not been confirmed by Word of God. E.g. One could say Chrom has Major Naga minor Baldur as part of their headcanon. (Making him a probable descendant of SeliphxJulia bloodline).

Basically what they said, but it doesn't have to involve pairings, as I said in the OP. Mine does, but other than the obvious Freddy x Avatar, they're interchangeable in this case.

And this thread is for those creative minds out there to share their own ideas. ^^

My headcanon is that the Avatar is either Validar's adopted child or Validar was lying and they're completely unrelated. Because I hated that "plot twist" and Validar more than words can describe.

My headcanon is Validar was a figment of Avatar's imagination/Gangrel in a costume.

I think The Vaike is The Brady's one and only father. It just is, you know. He can't simply not-be it. The hair-color, the rugged look and way of speech...it's Vaike's son goddammit.

Severa, dispite freaking out over Kjelle's advances on her in Hot-Spring Scramble, is secretly flattered and enjoys the attention.

Priam is not a descendant of Ike; he's just a deranged fan who adopted his current persona.

Morgan is Validar's failed attempt at cloning the Avatar. After learning that the Avatar was helping Chrom, he knew he'd need another vessel for Grima. However, when the process failed, Validar simply brainwashed Morgan (a la Aversa) to give him/her false memories of the Avatar being his/her father/mother (which explains Morgan not remembering his/her non-Avatar parent, until their A support, which is a memory fabricated by Morgan to fill a subconscious void) and dumped him/her in the Ruins of Time to be killed by Risen. Morgan's sibling only claims to remember him/her to protect the new family member.

Kellam is Kjelle's one true father. Note the hair colors, Kjelle is one of two children to not share their fixed parent's hair color in their official artwork. Not to mention, Sully doesn't have Knight, which is Kellam's and Kjelle's base class.

The clone idea sounds interesting, actually, except one thing. How can Morgan be a clone if his/her Avatar parent isn't even the same gender? :P

A clone is supposed to be an exact duplicate of something else, right?

Edited by Anacybele

I consider the Spotpass Chapters non-canon in my headcanon. 8U Emmeryn, Gangrel and Aversa should stay dead; especially Walmart, god, he can rest in fucking pieces forever; Yen'fay is SLIGHTLY excusable, but he should still be dead; and Priam is the most pointless character.

I think The Vaike is The Brady's one and only father. It just is, you know. He can't simply not-be it. The hair-color, the rugged look and way of speech...it's Vaike's son goddammit.

Indeed, him or Gregor (or a Build 3 My Unit) seem to be the only one who could produce Brady. His features are too rough for anyone else to be his father.

Yeah, I feel that they should all stay dead too, but Priam is the exception to the Spotpass thing for me because he doesn't even get mentioned in the main story, much less show up.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't know about the first two, but the Black Knight and Oliver are explained. Black Knight managed to escape Castle Nados before it collapsed, not to mention he let Ike win (though I think Ike would've kicked his black-armored butt anyway because he's Ike. ^^). Oliver was rescued by some of his followers before his injuries could kill him. At least I think that's how it went. I just know these two had explanations.

Edited by Anacybele

The clone idea sounds interesting, actually, except one thing. How can Morgan be a clone if his/her Avatar parent isn't even the same gender? :P

A clone is supposed to be an exact duplicate of something else, right?

Validar's REALLY no good at this cloning stuff, I guess. Maybe not a clone, but simply a successor?

I don't know about the first two, but the Black Knight and Oliver are explained. Black Knight managed to escape Castle Nados before it collapsed, not to mention he let Ike win (though I think Ike would've kicked his black-armored butt anyway because he's Ike. ^^). Oliver was rescued by some of his followers before his injuries could kill him. At least I think that's how it went. I just know these two had explanations.

Or the writer wanted the Black Knight and Oliver back and put them in RD. Even if took some asspulls or retcons to do it.

Validar's REALLY no good at this cloning stuff, I guess. Maybe not a clone, but simply a successor?

Heh, okay, I suppose. lol

Oh yeah, also in my headcanon, Chrom's B support with the female Avatar, at the least, DOES happen. But after she already married Frederick for shits and giggles lol. And Frederick winds up finding out. For once, someone manages to get the poor knight to lose his temper! XD

Frederick: I've served you for HOW many years, AND YOU REPAY ME BY PEEKING IN ON MY WIFE WHILE SHE'S BATHING?!

Chrom: *nervous as hell* Er...I...uh... B-But I wasn't, I swear...!

Kelli: Frederick, it was an accident! He didn't mean it! ...I think.

Chrom: Kelli! I'm not lying and you know it! *forced to his knees by now*

Oh the humor. LFMAO

Edited by Anacybele

Reaching 0 HP in like every fire emblem game is somewhat ambigious, at least for NPC units. Like you fight lucina in chapter 4 in that arena but she obviously doesnt die, Aversa you fight twice, even in fe4 you fight Holyn and then recruit him, and there are many more examples. Also, I thought they said Yen'fay was actually Yen'fay from the bad future and came back so he didn't die before you get him.

1. There is a timeline where both Severa and Morgan both fight under Grima!Robin. Too bad for Grima!Robin that Severa and Morgan are the Scratch and Grounder to Grima!Robin's Dr. Robotnik.

2. Grima is a sexless being. Or Grima can be both man and woman, or is both.

3. Grima's humanoid face is from Medeus.

If Morgan has a parent who can father a child from Lucina's timeline (any of the mothers who have children, any of the fathers who can marry those mothers), then he or she is from Lucina's timeline. I think the "s/he may have been from another universe" thing is a safety net for people who married children characters or anyone who couldn't exist in the original timeline.

Why would the Grimleal stop at just one potential vessel per generation? I think that they would've tried more than once per generation. Which means ... well, fill in the blanks yourself. :P:

Only applicable to my avatar, but I believe that my avatar is morally ambiguous to have joined with Grima of his own will if he were bored enough and if the bonds between him and the others weren't strong. EVIL GO.

Why would the Grimleal stop at just one potential vessel per generation? I think that they would've tried more than once per generation. Which means ... well, fill in the blanks yourself. :P:

The Grimleal is now a party cult.

They're not doing the Harlem Shake... they're doing the...

(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

HAREM SHAKE.

If Morgan has a parent who can father a child from Lucina's timeline (any of the mothers who have children, any of the fathers who can marry those mothers), then he or she is from Lucina's timeline. I think the "s/he may have been from another universe" thing is a safety net for people who married children characters or anyone who couldn't exist in the original timeline.

I agree.

My headcanons include:

Virion should be a Lord didnt tell anyone except Cherche about the plan to leave Roseanne. And he did so as a Wronski Feint to throw Walhart off. The only reason he left in the first place is because his army was like, three guys and one girl with a wyvern. So he figured he could finagle Ylisse to get involved.. In fact, Virion was planning on discussing such with Emmeryn, but then all that shit hit the fan and he never got the chance. He sent messages back and forth from that area, discussing Ylisse's movements. The one receiving Virion's messages was Lord Commander of his (three guy) army. Who is that? Cherche of course! ;): He kept tabs on the Ylisse and thus, Chrom. After Gangrel's defeat, Virion knew it was perfect timing to start arranging for the retake of that part of Valm. He spent the time skip planning to drop that bomb on Chrom. Getting shit all situated...And finally he did drop that bomb and it ended up working. Chrom takes everybody and pretty much nukes most of Valm. Avatar never knew about Virion's plan. B)

Only applicable to my avatar, but I believe that my avatar is morally ambiguous to have joined with Grima of his own will if he were bored enough and if the bonds between him and the others weren't strong. EVIL GO.

Nope. Not only applicable to your Avatar. I know thats why Loki!Avatar joined up. Hell, Loki!Avatar was going to eat Grima and be all Dark Overlord but for some reason, those pesky things called love and friendship meddled and made it impossible. Loki!Avatar's love for Libra was just...too much. Hang Cordelia, she's basically Angrboda. There to make the terrors named Severa and Morgan a reality. But Loki!Avatar fell for Libra and began to love Yarne like a son too. The Midgard Bunny! So no Overlording for him. Sucks too, cuz Loki!Avatar loved the idea of the Grimleal.

Sumia has a real problem with Chrom marrying Maribelle. So much so, she constantly puts herself into situations between Chrom and Maribelle. (yes, this is my reasoning for that Ghosting Sumia Glitch. Deal with it.)