My take on the Fire Emblem Main Theme

JairusCBeats

So, my roommate noticed how often I was playing around with the Fire Emblem Main Theme on piano and suggested I attempt jazzing it up, so... Here you have this rough draft that I put together before work. I thought you guys might appreciate!

This is obviously a work in progress. I mean, I'm only doing the first 8 bars of the main theme, but I hope that those of you who give it a listen will MAYBE enjoy.

Note:

It's VERY rough.

I do not have the right equipment to record properly for now.

That's pretty cool, though you might want to specify which game in the series the rendition you were modifying is from. I'm assuming it was from Awakening since I'm assuming it's the only Fire Emblem you've played. I could be wrong, though.

Mmm, I don't think there's a need to specify. The Main Theme of Fire Emblems is going to be apparent throughout the games in the series. They are all essentially the same melody. It's like the Legend of Zelda's Main Theme as well as Final Fantasy's Main Theme. What I mean is, without specifying which installment of the series, you're still going to know the Main Theme. Though, if you did want me to specify, you would be right in saying it would be from Awakening since it is the most recent one that I've played! Haha.

It sounds so relaxing.

I'm glad you think so!

Such a nice rendition. I hope you post another one when you have more progress. It feels nice to listen to while I'm doing chores. ^_^

I'll make sure to do so! I'm glad you enjoyed!

• 3 weeks later...

It's a bit rough around the edges right now but you've got a great foundation to build on.

Seconding this.

The different sections don't seem to be entirely cohesive, but as sketches they're pretty solid. I'd spice up the beginning and ending sections a bit so your left hand isn't just playing solid chords, but your improvisation with the melody is pretty good. That bass line that started a little after the two minute mark was pretty cool, I'd suggest coming up with another one for one of the other parts to spice it up a little bit, and maybe some transitions to have the different sections flow together better. Great framework, though!

• 3 weeks later...

Seconding this.

The different sections don't seem to be entirely cohesive, but as sketches they're pretty solid. I'd spice up the beginning and ending sections a bit so your left hand isn't just playing solid chords, but your improvisation with the melody is pretty good. That bass line that started a little after the two minute mark was pretty cool, I'd suggest coming up with another one for one of the other parts to spice it up a little bit, and maybe some transitions to have the different sections flow together better. Great framework, though!

Yeah, thanks to the both of you for giving the feedback. I'm not really that advanced in my jazz so I can't really do much with the chords aside from the walking bass. Haha. I want to samba it up but it's so g'damn hard to keep the two separate rhythms going.

Anyhow, I really appreciate the constructive criticism.

• 4 weeks later...

I love it. Chromatics and minor 7ths are always what get me. Also the clutch bass player!! This is sweet, can't wait for the finished product.

Maybe throw in a neapolitan cadence or a phrygian half-cadence - flat 2s in all contexts are awesome.