Zelda/Fire Emblem Crossover

Cowboy Karimov

Honestly, this would be an interesting idea, and could fit slightly better than SMT (but that's my opinion). How do you think it would fit together? I personally think that Hyrule would be extremely isolated due to being located in the vast deserts east of Tellius, and thus developed completely different culture, customs, and even animals. Skyloft is a mystery on how it would be there and how it would come into play. Possibly it is just a religious legend?

I personally think that Hyrule would be extremely isolated due to being located in the vast deserts east of Tellius

I thought that was where the Kingdom of Hatary is located...

Besides, I'm not sure having Hyrule and Tellius in the same dimension/universe is a good idea.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I thought that was where the Kingdom of Hatary is located...

Besides, I'm not sure having Hyrule and Tellius in the same dimension/universe is a good idea.

They would be far away from each other. Also, I probably would've known that it wouldn't slide, I was just wondering what you think would happen if it did.

I've actually tried to make this work, in my head, as an idea. It was always more, Zelda: Twilight Princess in the style of an FE game, as opposed to a direct crossover. Link would obviously be the Lord. Playable characters would probably include... the kids (Malon and co.) earlgame (before becoming a wolf) and later in Kakariko, after you rescue them, Ilia as an Est type, Rusl would probably be your earlygame Jeigan, and his freedom warriors would join later on. Upon becoming Wolf Link for the first time, you'd lose your allies so far, but be joined by Midna. Later on you might be joined by one (or maybe all, as a single unit somehow) of the monkeys in the Forest Temple, a Goron or two, maybe some Zoras... you get the idea. Lots of potential allies. Obviously this would all cause various plot changes, some minor, some major, but it'd probably kinda work maybe I dunno.

Still, it's an interesting thought, I suppose, even if it's just a pipe dream and probably wouldn't be quite as fun as I currently imagine.

A crossover game could definitely be interesting as well, but... the two games have such different playstyles, it's hard to imagine them combining into something sensible.

I love the idea of an FE/Zelda crossover! I'm going to write one someday too, though it's going to use a few OCs I've created for both because it'll take place in the same timeline as a few of my other fics. But characters like Link, Zelda, Ike, Elincia, etc. will appear.

It won't take place in either Hyrule or Tellius or any actual canon location though. The main group of characters will find themselves zapped into another parallel world so they're isolated from their usual locations, preventing them from getting things like healing items and aid from more people. The antagonists are responsible for this and decide to work together to vanquish the heroes. Unfortunately, some of the heroes don't get along, and working together proves quite difficult for them for awhile. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I could say exactly the same about the crossover with SMT...

Smt has two spin off series that play similar enough to FE. Majin Tensei and Devil Survivor.

Zelda and Fe would be an interesting crossover but the gameplay styles may have to make something mixed, maybe have adventure segments and army segments.

I love the idea of an FE/Zelda crossover! I'm going to write one someday too, though it's going to use a few OCs I've created for both because it'll take place in the same timeline as a few of my other fics. But characters like Link, Zelda, Ike, Elincia, etc. will appear.

It won't take place in either Hyrule or Tellius or any actual canon location though. The main group of characters will find themselves zapped into another parallel world so they're isolated from their usual locations, preventing them from getting things like healing items and aid from more people. The antagonists are responsible for this and decide to work together to vanquish the heroes. Unfortunately, some of the heroes don't get along, and working together proves quite difficult for them for awhile. :P

I knew you were interested, so I was pretty much waiting for you to reply. PM me the complete fic when you're done. Edited by HeavyBrawlsGuy

I knew you were interested, so I was pretty much waiting for you to reply. PM me the complete fic when you're done.

Well, I'm afraid that since my current Zelda fic has been stalled awhile due to some writer's block on my part, I probably will not get to the crossover fic for awhile. xP

Majin Tensei doesn't just play similarily to FE, it's a straight up clone of FE3 with SMT elements.

Wasn't Cerberus your "jeigan" even in that game too? Like Cerberus always seems to be in early smt games

This is an interesting idea, though instead of a crossover with characters, I'd rather that it be the type of thing where you gradually realize Hyrule exists in the same universe as FE, and maybe past characters from both series become relevant to the plot through their legacy. I'd love to see a game set in Hyrule with Link as the Lord (maybe he's the captain of the Knights of Hyrule, which makes up your other soldiers), where upon leaving Hyrule on a campaign they find themselves in one of the nations from a previous FE, and eventually end up traveling that continent.

It should have Zelda elements too, like being able to walk around towns and talk to NPCs. Or maybe it could have (mini)dungeons between battles!

Edited by dreamcrash

Zelda/FE crossover is one of the most reasonable crossover ideas ever. Its easily workable if you know how to bullshit and would make for some fantastic scenarios. I wanted a Zelda game with heavier themes like FE has, but put the two together and woo!

It should have Zelda elements too, like being able to walk around towns and talk to NPCs. Or maybe it could have (mini)dungeons between battles!

Fe2 semi did this already so it wouldent be completely out of the idea for them to do.

This is an interesting idea, though instead of a crossover with characters, I'd rather that it be the type of thing where you gradually realize Hyrule exists in the same universe as FE, and maybe past characters from both series become relevant to the plot through their legacy. I'd love to see a game set in Hyrule with Link as the Lord (maybe he's the captain of the Knights of Hyrule, which makes up your other soldiers), where upon leaving Hyrule on a campaign they find themselves in one of the nations from a previous FE, and eventually end up traveling that continent.It should have Zelda elements too, like being able to walk around towns and talk to NPCs. Or maybe it could have (mini)dungeons between battles!

I was thinking that Hyrule would be waay east in Tellius, beyond Hatari's jurisdiction, so there you go. Your idea sounds great too.

Ew, I don't want FE crossing over with TWW. Personally, it's one of my least favorite games.

joker-clap-hq.gif

So I actually contribute something, I was thinking it'd be free-roam like 2, 8, or 13, and obviously Link would be the hero. Makar and Medli could be bards you choose between, like Lalum and Elphin. The guy who teaches you to fight, whose name I can't remember for the life of me, would be the jeigan. Tetra would pull a Julia and be playable for a while, but then disappear, to return with a stupidly powerful weapon. KotR would transport you and be like Jagen/Malledus. Not sure about other characters, but Wind Waker has a pretty big cast.

Meh, I'd rather the game crossover with Ocarina of Time or Skyward Sword, somehow. The former, as a lot of gamers should know, is pretty much the most successful title in the series and the latter is one of the most recently released games in the series. They've got cooler characters and with Skyward Sword's Knight Academy and the massive overworld below, there's potential for a lot of playable characters. Pipit, Karane, Groose, Cawlin, Stritch, Fledge, Zelda, Gaepora, the the instructors Horwell and Owlan, Impa, and the list could go on. Gaepora would probably be the Jagen.

In Ocarina of Time, you could recruit a bunch of Zoras, Gorons, and a few Kokiri (probably to just act as bards). Maybe Gerudo too. And let's not forget Hylian soldiers.

Edited by Anacybele

joker-clap-hq.gif

So I actually contribute something, I was thinking it'd be free-roam like 2, 8, or 13, and obviously Link would be the hero. Makar and Medli could be bards you choose between, like Lalum and Elphin. The guy who teaches you to fight, whose name I can't remember for the life of me, would be the jeigan. Tetra would pull a Julia and be playable for a while, but then disappear, to return with a stupidly powerful weapon. KotR would transport you and be like Jagen/Malledus. Not sure about other characters, but Wind Waker has a pretty big cast.

Beedle might be a good Merlinus kind of unit. I think that The King of Red Lions would be more of a Gotoh-type character. And the guy who teaches you to fight is named Orca. Edited by Rollertoaster

Meh, I'd rather the game crossover with Ocarina of Time or Skyward Sword, somehow. The former, as a lot of gamers should know, is pretty much the most successful title in the series and the latter is one of the most recently released games in the series. They've got cooler characters and with Skyward Sword's Knight Academy and the massive overworld below, there's potential for a lot of playable characters. Pipit, Karane, Groose, Cawlin, Stritch, Fledge, Zelda, Gaepora, the the instructors Horwell and Owlan, Impa, and the list could go on. Gaepora would probably be the Jagen.

In Ocarina of Time, you could recruit a bunch of Zoras, Gorons, and a few Kokiri (probably to just act as bards). Maybe Gerudo too. And let's not forget Hylian soldiers.

Why didn't you just start with that instead of saying "Ew"? For OoT, getting all the sages as playable characters would be cool.

Beedle might be a good Merlinus kind of unit. I think that The King of Red Lions would be more of a Gotoh-type character. And the guy who teaches you to fight is named Orca.

@bold, thanks I can't believe I forgot that.

Beedle would be great for a Merlinus type character.

For Kingy, I was thinking like a cross between the two. He'd be around from the get-go, but since he can't go on land, he'd communicate with Link through projection like Gotoh does. As for entering combat, hadn't thought of that.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Why didn't you just start with that instead of saying "Ew"? For OoT, getting all the sages as playable characters would be cool.

Because I really dislike TWW? xP

The HD version for the Wii U made it a little more fun, but not enough to make me love it or anything.