Aizenberg

A loud sneeze isn't exactly what bothers me...it's those that sound like...not-sneezes. Those that sound like a sort of weak cough, or something weird like that. There are also those that exaggerate the "CHOOO" part ending with a high-pitched noise.

Moar Pet Peeves:

- General lack of manerisms...

Not covering one's self when they sneeze, cough or yawn. Especially yawing...and when done loudly. e__e

When people don't greet, it really annoys me to the point I could automatically start disliking them.

- Fucking. Texting. (don't mind if they're built-in touch phones)

See, there's nothing wrong with texting if you do it every once in a while and when necessary. But when you start to do it compulsively and with that annoying button noise...yeah. Enough.

A loud sneeze isn't exactly what bothers me...it's those that sound like...not-sneezes. Those that sound like a sort of weak cough, or something weird like that. There are also those that exaggerate the "CHOOO" part ending with a high-pitched noise.

Mine is kind of like both~ As in both loud and not quite sneeze-sounding. People have trouble telling whether I'm sneezing or coughing sometimes x3

Long hair that gets everywheeeeeerererdhjblk;rg

I decided to smash my keyboard to show how fucking annoyed I get over this. My mother and sister are the worst for this. Shit ends up in my clothes, my bed, the shower, the sink, all over the FRAKING floor.

Usually my pet peeves are among the grammatical stuffs... When people don't know how apostrophes work (particularly when they use it as slang like s'pose or something like that), you're your, their they're there, etc.

D=

I do that sometimes. I usually try to emulate my "accent" I guess you could call it. Like in real life I never say going. It's always "goin'". I also say things like "enethin'" instead of anything, and I'll remove the s from the word doesn't, though I don't usually go that far when typing/ writing.

... That makes it sound like I have a southern accent but I assure you I don't. I live in south-eastern Indiana and I, like most others here, have a pretty regionally androgenous accent.

OH! That reminds me. Another pet peeve of mine is Brittish accents for flavored water commercials. I honestly couldn't tell you why that annoys me but it does. Kinda asinine when you think about it.

Oops, I guess I should have specified.

I'm fine if people decide to use slang like that at all~ Just some people don't know how to put an apostrophe in the right place when they do.

Like say if somebody wanted to say s'pose, but instead said sp'ose. But (from what I've seen at least) it's easy to tell where to put an apostrophe because it always goes where letters are missing. Like... with isn't the ' goes where the "o" is taken out, in should've it replaces the "ha," in I'm ' replaces the "a," etc.

Not everybody does that though and even though I'm sure the "rule" of them often isn't spoken of (at least I've never heard it before, it's just what I've observed) making many people unaware of it, it still annoys me when I see it used wrong~ So really I just need to learn how to be more understanding and accepting, but I suppose that's how pet peeves work ^o^

Edited by Freohr Datia

Oops, I guess I should have specified.

I'm fine if people decide to use slang like that at all~ Just some people don't know how to put an apostrophe in the right place when they do.

Like say if somebody wanted to say s'pose, but instead said sp'ose. But (from what I've seen at least) it's easy to tell where to put an apostrophe because it always goes where letters are missing. Like... with isn't the ' goes where the "o" is taken out, in should've it replaces the "ha," in I'm ' replaces the "a," etc.

Not everybody does that though and even though I'm sure the "rule" of them often isn't spoken of (at least I've never heard it before, it's just what I've observed) making many people unaware of it, it still annoys me when I see it used wrong~ So really I just need to learn how to be more understanding and accepting, but I suppose that's how pet peeves work ^o^

No worries. I don't get offended too easily. Besides that last pet peeve I talked about is way more irrational than yours. =P

- stupid people who think they're fucking awesome when they're not

- people sucking their teeth

- repetition

- loud babies

- people/companies getting away with injustice just because they're rich

- being surrounded by old people

As you can see my list is pretty extensive.

• 3 weeks later...

- Fucking. Texting. (don't mind if they're built-in touch phones)

See, there's nothing wrong with texting if you do it every once in a while and when necessary. But when you start to do it compulsively and with that annoying button noise...yeah. Enough.

oooooo this definitely. and its usually girls that do it. if you are a girl and you do this a lot, fuck off

Edited by Aizenberg

oooooo this definitely. and its usually girls that do it. if you are a girl and you do this a lot, fuck off

Guys get a free pass?

Hey Aizenberg is that Toshiro Mifune and if so, what movie is it from?

Severn Samurai.

Not greeting random people on the street, I'm fine with.

It's more along the lines of...meeting across people you see often, preferably limited to something like classmates or something like that. Especially when there's just two of you, in the room.

Not like this kind of thing doesn't happen here...or probably, anywhere on the world. I'd guess. 8P

Not greeting random people on the street, I'm fine with.

It's more along the lines of...meeting across people you see often, preferably limited to something like classmates or something like that. Especially when there's just two of you, in the room.

Not like this kind of thing doesn't happen here...or probably, anywhere on the world. I'd guess. 8P

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

People never greet acquaintances here. Neighbors don't talk to each other.

and i like things that way hahaha

Edited by Nobody

Like I said, there's a difference between basic mannerisms and being sociable. Apparently, people seem to mistake it alot. Especially when it comes to telling what my "personality", is like.

Usually my pet peeves are among the grammatical stuffs... When people don't know how apostrophes work (particularly when they use it as slang like s'pose or something like that), you're your, their they're there, etc.

Even though I often make grammatical mistakes of my own~

This.

This, and people who obnoxiously shake their legs when sitting down. I mean, quietly, sure, but IF YOU'RE GOING TO DO THAT IN A SILENT ROOM, THEN PLEASE KNOW THAT YOU'RE NOT ALONE.

It's just that there's a guy who's in my Physics class who does that. The class is pretty small, and really quiet, so when he shakes his leg - and he does it loudly (I don't even know HOW. xD) - it's painfully obvious. During class. During exams. Whenever. It's freakin' annoying.

There are a few others I have (and am guilty of) but eh.

This, and people who obnoxiously shake their legs when sitting down. I mean, quietly, sure, but IF YOU'RE GOING TO DO THAT IN A SILENT ROOM, THEN PLEASE KNOW THAT YOU'RE NOT ALONE.

It's just that there's a guy who's in my Physics class who does that. The class is pretty small, and really quiet, so when he shakes his leg - and he does it loudly (I don't even know HOW. xD) - it's painfully obvious. During class. During exams. Whenever. It's freakin' annoying.

There are a few others I have (and am guilty of) but eh.

Isn't this like actually a condition though?

I think if you greet a stranger they're obliged to say something back, you know? It's fine if neither person says anything, but if you're acknowledged, then fucking say something back, right?