• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it lets you summon any monster as long as they have a level too.

So it kinda helps some monsters like Dark Magician and Red-Eyes while opening the door of shit thrown at the fan later/soon.

Yeah the way I read it it was any monster. So you throw a 1 on the left and an 8 on the right and any monster level 7 or lower can be Pendulum summoned. And if I read correctly (which I might not have), you can pendulum summon multiple monsters at the same time. So if I have a 1 on left and an 8 on right, and 5 level 7 monsters in my hand, I can use my one Pendulum summon of the turn to drop my hand onto the field. From the way it looked. I really hope I'm wrong tho.

Also, I'm inclined to build Mermails. I've been playing them a lot on DN, and they're so much more of my play style than any other top deck right now. I love decks that are all aggressive like that, and the synergy with all the discard effects make it so that going balls to the wall isn't actually overextending like it is in most decks like that. Only problem is Dracossack is going for like $100 right now.

I think it lets you summon any monster as long as they have a level too.

So it kinda helps some monsters like Dark Magician and Red-Eyes while opening the door of shit thrown at the fan later/soon.

Needs more Summoned Skull for some Black Skull Dragon fun times.

Pendulum Summon sounds great.

I'm anxious to see the main character monsters for the new series. The 2500 Atk monster that the main character uses is always really good (for its time) when you build your deck around it. In the olden days Dark Magician had a bunch of good support cards. Flame Wingman wasn't necessarily the best part about E Heroes in the GX days but he was really useful and the deck was great. Stardust decks (specifically Assault Mode) were a tough deck to beat in 5Ds, Utopia decks got used a lot and weren't terrible... I'm stoked to see what's next.

Also, I'm inclined to build Mermails. I've been playing them a lot on DN, and they're so much more of my play style than any other top deck right now. I love decks that are all aggressive like that, and the synergy with all the discard effects make it so that going balls to the wall isn't actually overextending like it is in most decks like that. Only problem is Dracossack is going for like $100 right now.

Mermails are absolutely amazing. Highly recommend them.

I don't remember how the deck exactly worked but it was one of the most consistent decks I ever used.

Mermails are absolutely amazing. Highly recommend them.

I don't remember how the deck exactly worked but it was one of the most consistent decks I ever used.

It works like freaking magic!! Abyssteus and Abyssmegalo special summon by discard 1 and 2 water monsters, respectively. You can either toss Fishborg Archer (who comes back and let's you rebuild your field easily from a Mirror Force or Torrential), or toss Tidal (because Tidal in grave is basically the same as Tidal in hand), or toss Atlanteans (Marksman and Infantry Arms blow things up when they're tossed, Dragoons searches another sea serpent), or toss Gulde (She's a monster reborn when she's tossed but only for mermails).

When they're special summoned that way they either search a new Mermail (Teus effect) or an Abyss spell/trap (Megalo effect)

Teus searches out Spike, who on summon will discard a water monster (see above) to add a level 3 water monster to the hand from the deck. You're either searching out Gulde or Marksman for discard fodder, or Linde (the searcher of the deck)

Megalo searches Abyss-Sphere.

The way Abyss-Sphere works, it's a continuous trap and while it's on the field you can't play spells. Your spell count is probably 4 or 5 in the entire deck so that's not a big deal. When Sphere is activated, search your deck for a Mermail and special summon it. You're grabbing Linde unless you can ensure your win by grabbing something else. During your opponent's end phase, destroy Sphere. When Sphere is destroyed, destroy the monster it summoned. Which triggers Linde's effect. When she's destroyed (by effect or battle) you get to special summon any Mermail from the deck.

Beyond that you run Deep Sea Diva, Abyssturge (Same as Spike but grabs from the grave instead of the deck), hand traps (Gorz, Veiler. Maybe Maxx C if you're running into a lot of Mermails and Blackwings), 3 MST, maybe Book of Moon (because it's so crucial), maybe Dark Hole. Maybe a few traps if you have room, like Warning and BTH. Fish Depth Charge is a really interesting tech.

Your extra deck, you want Dewloren and Gungnir, water synchro staples. Catastor and Crimson Blader are my favorite 5 and 8 options but you just need 1 monster for each of those levels and it's your pick. Then the rank 7 trio (Masturblader, Dracossack, and Big Eye), a couple crucial rank 3s and 4s (Zenmaines, Diamond Dire, Cowboy, Abyss Dweller), and you've got all those crazy 3s and 4s that are water exclusive, but in reality your best opening hands are going to OTK without those, and Abyssgaios who wins games.

Gaios is 2800 Atk, 2 level 7 water monsters.

Level 5 and higher monsters can't attack. Once per turn, during either players turn, you can detach a material to negate the effects of all face up monsters your opponent controls who's Atk is less than Gaios' attack, until the end of turn.

So my build will probably be

3x Mermail Abyssmegalo

3x Mermail Abyssteus

1x Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls

3x Mermail Abysspike

1x Mermail Abyssturge

3x Meemail Abysslinde

3x Mermail Abyssgulde

3x Atlantean Marksman

3x Atlantean Infantry Arms

1x Atlantean Dragoons

1x Fishborg Archer

1x Deep Sea Diva

3x Effect Veiler

1x Gorz the Emissary of Darkness

1x Book of Moon

1x Dark Hole

1x Mind Control

3x Mystical Space Typhoon

3x Abyss Sphere

1x Compulsory Evacuation Device

1x Ally of Justice Catastor

1x Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier

1x Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

1x Crimson Blader

1x Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack

1x Number 11: Big Eye

2x Mermail Abyssgaios

1x Number 74: Master of Blades

1x Mermail Abysstrite

1x Bahamut Shark

1x Diamond Dire Wolf

1x Lavalval Chain

1x Gagaga Cowboy

1x Wind-up Zenmaines

Or something like that. Still figuring out how to side this format. Or I guess I should look at next format more once that ban list drops. Since I probably won't finish this deck before April.

It's not that Kappa is bad there's just so many other things the deck wants in the extra deck. Considering a Black Rose Dragon, if nothing else it's Veiler plus 2 Dracossack tokens, and turns the game around. And the problem I've been running into is losing momentum. If I can't overwhelm my opponent and make game in the first three turns, I have trouble pulling back. In Lightsworns, for example, I always had the chance of topdecking JD and winning from nothing that way. But Mermails don't really pull singe card victories, so if I push too hard and don't get game, I lose for sure. I'm also thinking Trap Stun in main deck. Mirror Force too scary.