Fire Emblem Awakening - Optimal Pairings/Marriages/Skill Inheritance

cloudbursta

So as the title suggests, I'm looking for the best pairings/marriages I could do for Fe:A.

I'm not planning to do DLC (not yet, anyway- maybe after I beat all classic modes for Hard and Lunatic) so please don't include the options that's only available with DLC.

I understand that there are tons of forums and guides asking for the same thing but I eventually got tired of shifting through pages and pages to find my optimal pairings. And no one seemed to agree on specific pairings except some :/

I don't mind grinding to level up and get specific skills cause I want to make all my units the best they can be - I'm sort of OCD that way xD

The pairings that I think are good and decided are in bold and the rest are my thoughts so please provide opinions^^

It would be great too if you could give me some ideas as in what skills to pass down.

Chrom and FeMU – Pass down Rightful King and Galeforce/Ignis for Lucina, Aether and Galeforce/Ignis for Morgan

Stahl and Cordelia – Pass down Aegis and Galeforce

Gaius and Tharja - Pass down Lethality/Counter and Vengeance

Henry and Sumia – Pass down Vengeance and Galeforce

Ricken and Miriel – Pass down ? and ?

Libra and Olivia – Pass down Renewal and Galeforce

Gregor and Panne – Pass down Sol and Beastbanes

Nowi and Donnel – Pass down ? and ?

Kellam and Sully – Pass down ? and ?

Vaike and Lissa – Pass down Counter and Renewal

Lon’qu and Cherche – Pass down Astra and Swordbreaker

Frederick/Virion and Maribelle – Pass down Luna/Prescience and Galeforce

What else was there? @_@

Chrom's benefit of Rightful King to Morgan isn't that great... but if that's what you're going for... *shrug*

And yes... Morgan can ONLY get Rightful King. Not Aether.

It really doesn't matter what you pass down for skills that the children can reclass to... essentially, for Serge/Cherche and Miriel, the recommended female exclusive skill they pass down is Dual Support+.

For Yarne, you should pass a breaker from the Wyvern Tree from Velvet/Panne because for some reason he doesn't inherit those reclass options.

Liz/Lissa should pass Galeforce, not Renewal. Wood/Owain can get it on his own.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Vaike x Lissa --> Ricken x Lissa (Vaike gives physical mods and no offensive procs.... Ricken gives the opposite which is what you want)

Ricken x Miriel --> Lon'qu x Miriel (Ricken is ok on Laurent, Lon'qu gives good mods and vantage though and frees Ricken)

Gregor x Panne --> Fred x Panne (Frees gregor, Yarne doesn't really care who fathers him so a good place to stick Fred or Kellam)

Donnel x Nowi --> Vaike x Nowi (Donnel!Nah has galeforce, but sucks otherwise. Vaike passes GK, axefaire and mods)

Kellam x Sully --> Donnel x Sully (Galeforce Kjelle)

LQ x Cherche --> Gregor x Cherche (Gives Gerome berserker)

Is what I would change, do Virion x Mbelle. The rest are all good. Chrom x FeMu definitely isn't optimal, but I can see why you would do the pairing. If you are set on Ricken x Miriel, do Libra x Lissa and move either Fred or Kellam (Fred for physical, Kellam is decent for magical Inigo) over to Olivia and give the leftover to Panne.

As for what to pass, the only really critical things are galeforce from Lissa to Owain, Maribelle to Brady, FeMu to Morgan and Olivia to Inigo. Axefaire to Vaike's daughter (if he has one) as well. Swordbreaker from Panne to Yarne unless she marries Fred in which case he can get it himself. Otherwise it just depends whether you want something unique that you won't use anyway, or something convenient to save the child reclassing to a class they don't really want to visit (luna for example).

LibraxOlivia is ok

GregorxPanne is meh, works much better with Frederick. It's not like Yarne is dependant on a good spd modifier.

RickenxMiriel. TBH I prefer HenryxMiriel, but Miriel imho should marry anyone that doesn't provide a -mag mod. Kellam and Virion are good examples of a filler, or Lon'qu given that you didn't marry him to Cordelia.

NowixDonnel. Nope, will give you a -spd modifier on Nah and no offensive skills to complement Galeforce. VaikexNowi works much better, giving Nah Luna

KellamxSully. DonnelxSully is the best pairing for the both of them. Gives Kjelle Armsthrift and Galeforce

VaikexLissa. Waste of Lissa's mods, marry her to Ricken instead.

Maribelle needs someone to boost her Mag modifier, problem is that you are already using Libra on Olivia.

Cherche is fine with either Lon'qu or Gregor.

However, in my opinion, you'd be better off going (Assuming you want to keep ChromxFeMU, while Gaius and Tharja is ok) CordeliaxLon'qu and StahlxOlivia, while giving Libra to Maribelle.

IMO... You could do without passing down Lethality or Counter in Gaius's case, and ditto for Vengeance (I'd recommend Luna instead for Tharja and... for Henry.... I'd just pass down Anathema.) Also, you might want to consider having Miriel pass down Renewal if you're not marrying her to Libra or Kellam.

I understand that there are tons of forums and guides asking for the same thing but I eventually got tired of shifting through pages and pages to find my optimal pairings. And no one seemed to agree on specific pairings except some :/

If people won't agree in other topics, why would they in this one?

I'm not going to write an essay because most of the advice already here is sound, but do keep in mind that Chrom always passes Aether to girls and RK to boys- if you want Aether Morgan, marry Lucina. Gerome wants Barbarian so give him someone like Vaike, Henry or Gregor.