FE8 world map events

jjl2357

Hi everyone,

Here's a couple new modules for world map pointers in FE8, akin to the event table editor.

Note that there are two event pointers for each chapter, one from each module. The one labeled as "World map event table" contains the code for unlocking the chapter in question, and the one in "World map event table 2" contains code for after you click to go to that location on the map.

(There actually seems to be one exception... "Lords split up (glitchy map)" contains data for the ending of Chapter 1 instead...)

Link:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_FpsXWx8aCGOWl6U05mUE5Cc0E&usp=sharing

Edited by jjl2357

Update: I've added a module that allows you to change the locations of the various places on the world map, as well as the icons those locations display.

(Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to change the lines that get drawn from place to place. The character will move to the place properly, though.)

It also lets you change the pointers to Armory/Shop/Secret Shop for each chapter.

Screenshot:

o6sSTBN.pngIjKZ4pO.png

Edited by jjl2357

Oh wow, this is nice. Not that I'm hacking FE8, but this is really cool. A step in the right direction in hacking FE8! maybe now alfred kamon will stop whining about how annoying FE8 is to hack

Update: I've added a module that allows you to change the locations of the various places on the world map, as well as the icons those locations display.

(Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to change the lines that get drawn from place to place. The character will move to the place properly, though.)

It also lets you change the pointers to Armory/Shop/Secret Shop for each chapter.

Screenshot:

o6sSTBN.pngIjKZ4pO.png

That's pretty neat! Have you seen any unused locations that you can drop in? There are graphics in the game for a few locations that I've never come across, and it would be worth investigating if any remnant stuff during development is still left in the game. Especially regarding the leaked build of FE8.

• 1 year later...