How would the items in the MKDD Bonus Disc affect turncounts?

Xator Nova

What the title says.

In case the reader doesn't know what this is, there was a disc available with Mario Kart Double Dash. If the disc was inserted in the Gamecube, and if the Gamecube was connected with the GBA, then it'd allow "transfer" data from the disc to the game. This would allow access to some items from Chapter 12 onwards.

There are save files around the internet that allow access to these items. These are:

-> Emblem Weapons (free Iron Weapons with 60 uses)

-> An Emblem Seal (+10% hit and avoid)

-> Statboosters (one of each class, except Speedwings ._. I believe they already knew that Speedwings!Marcus would be broken)

-> A Wind Sword.

-> A Dragon Axe.

-> A Thor's Ire.

-> A Silver Card.

I haven't read any consensus regarding these items in LTC context, so I wonder what impact would these items make in an efficiency environment.

I apologize for the grammar mistakes.

I really doubt they would cut turns anywhere. The most useful thing would be the wind sword, but there aren't any sword-locked units that are great in LTC, and the rest have javelins and hand axes.

Unless the statboosters include a boots, because that would definitely cut a couple turns.

I really doubt they would cut turns anywhere. The most useful thing would be the wind sword, but there aren't any sword-locked units that are great in LTC, and the rest have javelins and hand axes.

This could theoretically change that if there's a Sword-locked unit who is only missing 1-2 range to be that good.

The stat boosters would be what really makes a difference if anything, although I can't say how they would and where they would go.

I happen to own (well, I can't find it) a copy of FE with this stuff on it. The wind sword makes Eliwood a total beast and he'll never have to fear the likes of pegasus knights again. The stat-boosters help boost anyone who starts with low base stats such as the lords, Rebecca or Lowen. The Emblem weapons and Silver Card can help you conserve on lots of money (I don't think that's much of an issue in LTC though). The Emblem Seal... helps? I'm not an LTC player so I don't really know how well these things would turn out for you.

Actually, you can download/rip the Double Dash Bonus Disk, load it in dolphin and link dolphin to a copy of VBA-M with Fire Emblem.

Works with existing saves on all major operating systems, I did this myself on my digital save because I own the Double Dash Bonus Disc and used to use the items on my actual GBA.

In terms of turns, I am quite sure you can shave off a few with statboosters and boots(which are given if I recall correctly) but I think the biggest impact would be on Funds. I wasn't able to find much use of the wind sword until about chapter 22, by which time you only really gain range.