So Nintendo Is Taking Down Wi-Fi Connection..

Icarusu

From everything except 3DS and Wii U, what you think of that?

if you wanna see the news..

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/vyWpoM6CBIe6FjW8NIY7bvzOrgBURhzw

didn't actually know about it from nintendo website after all..

But it's not now, just in may 20...

This mean goodbye to a bunch of online modes in games

Including

all pokemons that aren't on wii u or 3ds such as the not so much recent Pokemon Black White 2.

Edited by ㅤㅤㅤ

Quite a few people are going on about this. I think it's not much to cry over, they're doing this to make way for their new stuff. I guess.

You can still play DS and Wii games online until then, so get to playing instead of worrying.

Oh man, my brother is gonna be pissed if he can't wi-fi battle people anymore in SSBB; and now I won't be able to wi-fi anymore in my various pokemon games.....I mean, I play X and Y more anyways, but.....I feel like I'm losing something precious still since I got a lot of my favorites through wi-fi trades....

Anyone has an idea if this is gonna affect things like pokedit and pokegen (these programs send you your edited pokemon through GTS)?

If yes, I'll have to go on a editing spree in order to get all that I want

This is going to suck for people who can't afford 3DS's or Wii U's.

I don't know what to say but: what the fuck.

Can't keep 'em open forever, sadly :c

I don't use online play on any other Nintendo systems anyway. And I play DS games on my 3DS anyway.

DS servers are going down, no matter what system you use. If it's a DS game, it has no service.

Edited by GabrielKnight

I don't use online play on any other Nintendo systems anyway. And I play DS games on my 3DS anyway.

From what I understood, even if you play games on your 3DS, you won't be able to access DS's games wi-fi features.

I'm quite surprised that black 2 and white 2 are affected by this.

They're shutting down their server a bit less than 1 ½ year after these games got released. (Less than 2 years in Japan)

Edited by Naughx

DS servers are going down, no matter what system you use. If it's a DS game, it has no service.

From what I understood, even if you play games on your 3DS, you won't be able to access DS's games wi-fi features.

Still don't use it.

But yeah, pretty much what BLS said...

No more Brawl or Jump Ultimate Stars online fights? Sad day, I mean I didn't even have that many issues with Brawls online either

Edited by Jedisupersorry

Doesn't affect me too much. I never played Brawl's online 5 months after release considering how bad the netcode is in that game. Heard it affects Project M though. Considering I have pretty much moved on to the Wii U, my online uses will probably stick to that system now.

Pokemon has always been a single player experience for me so I never have any issues with trading or online battles and I have my sister helping me for those obscure trading evolution etc.

Anyone has an idea if this is gonna affect things like pokedit and pokegen (these programs send you your edited pokemon through GTS)?

If yes, I'll have to go on a editing spree in order to get all that I want

I use my Black and Black 2 on my 3DS's connection to get those edited ones.....crap, I didn't think about the GTS being down....I hope it might still work on the 3DS and its just the DS connection going down.....if not......FML, I have serious shitloads of editing to do in the next couple months.....this really sucks.... >_<

I use my Black and Black 2 on my 3DS's connection to get those edited ones.....crap, I didn't think about the GTS being down....I hope it might still work on the 3DS and its just the DS connection going down.....if not......FML, I have serious shitloads of editing to do in the next couple months.....this really sucks.... >_<

I found out that Pokecheck is actively trying to make their GTS work with gen VI and think it will be possible to do so at then end of the month. So there may still be some hope(I don't know if that will mean gen VI will be editable though. At the very least it would cut down the time needed to use poke transfer and pokebank).

I still may try to get all I want before may on Black though

Edited by LuxSpes