So what kind of Rpg do you think it will be?

Jedi

We know its going to be an RPG of sorts but what kind? RPG has so many sub genre possibilities. Turn based? Strategy? Action? Just what will it be? We could be seeing something entirely new too

Heck we've seen a Platformer RPG (Super Mario RPG) and Beat em up RPGs too (River City Ransom, Scott Pilgrim Video Game)

More like Persona 3. So less giant robots, which will be a disappointment to everyone, I'm sure.

Haha, so you actually think dating sim? :p.

Honestly I could see Persona mechanics working their way into this yea

Enhanced trans-universal Waifu simulator?

Who dreams of pairing a FE character with a SMT character?

There is always someone out there haha, crack shippers exist etc.

My personal guess of RPG will be maybe 2 types. Fe and Smt style will both be featured, I mean games have done different genres of RPGs in one before

Suikoden being an example of using turn based RPG with that of army combat and duels also thrown into the mix

Haha, so you actually think dating sim? :p.

I have no idea actually, but your Suikoden idea was just...pure genius. Maybe have the level scaling from Suikoden, the demon fusion from SMT (instead of recruiting 108 stars of destiny...maybe have 108 humans of destiny, that's way too good of an idea to pass up) and have the big war battles actually be tactical RPG battles. One of the Suikoden games did that, I forget which. Could use a bit ironing out on the specifics, but it'd be really cool.

EDIT Also you should have a castle that grows when you recruit more members. That is non negotiable.

Edited by Refa

I have no idea actually, but your Suikoden idea was just...pure genius. Maybe have the level scaling from Suikoden, the demon fusion from SMT (instead of recruiting 108 stars of destiny...maybe have 108 humans of destiny, that's way too good of an idea to pass up) and have the big war battles actually be tactical RPG battles. One of the Suikoden games did that, I forget which. Could use a bit ironing out on the specifics, but it'd be really cool.

EDIT Also you should have a castle that grows when you recruit more members. That is non negotiable.

Sounds legit, shall we make another stars list but for fe people and smt protagonists and demons?

speaking of Suikoden we need to finish the first game when I get out of job corps and start 2

Didn't they say that it wasn't going to be a tactical RPG? 'Cause, you know, the traditional button-mashing JRPG is a cash cow that milks itself. Not as much as shooters, but still.

Edited by HeavyBrawlsGuy

Didn't they say that it wasn't going to be a tactical RPG? 'Cause, you know, the traditional button-mashing JRPG is a cash cow that milks itself. Not as much as shooters, but still.

They just stated RPG. Nothing else

SMT Devil survivor style. So FE map tactics, with SMT battles, I'd guess.

Interesting thing is though, there is a series of Smt closer to fe in style.

Majin Tensei is pretty much Fe but with Smt mechanics and things

My personal guess of RPG will be maybe 2 types. Fe and Smt style will both be featured, I mean games have done different genres of RPGs in one before

Suikoden being an example of using turn based RPG with that of army combat and duels also thrown into the mix

Suikoden styled... Well, damn, that IS genius

I think that might be Suikoden 1 you're thinking of, I can't really remember. I know 4 has some tactical naval battles but, I don't think that's what you mean.

Suikoden styled... Well, damn, that IS genius

I think that might be Suikoden 1 you're thinking of, I can't really remember. I know 4 has some tactical naval battles but, I don't think that's what you mean.

Glad you like the idea but I certainlyy don't consider myself a genius :P.

Who knows we may have different gameplay depending on of we are with an fe or smt person at the time.

It's going to be a Dating Sim RPG.

Oh I hope not. I want something along the lines of SMT IV.

I haven't played Persona, but I didn't like what I saw. Sure, characterization is "better", but up until they devolved to full stupidity, I quite liked Jonathan and Walter.

I can imagine something like Devil Survivor.

Fire Emblem movement mechanics, with SMT style combat.

Just a wild guess. Make Devil Survivor 3 already damn it ATLUS.

I still need to play Ds2 lol. Or I'd like one of the Majin Tenseis localized considering that was pretty much Fe with smt painted over it