I think I could be a terrible critic

Junkhead

I have never been able to guininely complain about a "bad" movie, game, their story plot, etc. I just don't find that many things to be that bad and it sometimes made me refrain from stating my opinion on some things. Maybe I'm just not that observant. :Gonzales:

But can you conjure great enthusiasm for things you really like ?

And you don't have to straight up hate or love something. If you can construct a clear argument about what you like or don't like in that artwork, you can do a pretty damn fine critic.

I have never been able to guininely complain about a "bad" movie, game, their story plot, etc. I just don't find that many things to be that bad and it sometimes made me refrain from stating my opinion on some things. Maybe I'm just not that observant. :Gonzales:

You are unspoiled. Consider it....a blessing. Cuz it just means you can legitimately enjoy things without casting it in a cynical light. I wish i could do that sometimes.

I thought i was rather harsh on various media, but then i read the interwebz. Im rather more forgiving than many. I thought about becoming a critic. Not sure if i'd pursue it though.

I can give you criticism lessons if you want. I hate everything, according to everybody around me.

(I'm not critical, I just string together unrelated insults)

Edited by HeavyBrawlsGuy

• 2 weeks later...

I can give you criticism lessons if you want. I hate everything, according to everybody around me.

I don't really feel the need to find things bad, when I honestly think they aren't. It's silly to point out small, irrelevant details that don't actually make something "bad", because things (say, movies, games, shows, etc.) aren't perfect and neither are people.

Because of this, I've had a hard time stating my honest opinion on things and would start calling things "good" when the honest me would normally say it's "great" (for example). Don't know if I'm easy to please or others honestly feel like many things are lacking (and just like to complain).

I don't really feel the need to find things bad, when I honestly think they aren't. It's silly to point out small, irrelevant details that don't actually make something "bad", because things (say, movies, games, shows, etc.) aren't perfect and neither are people.

Because of this, I've had a hard time stating my honest opinion on things and would start calling things "good" when the honest me would normally say it's "great" (for example). Don't know if I'm easy to please or others honestly feel like many things are lacking (and just like to complain).

Personally, I try and find the good in things in daily life. I just excel in criticizing media and things like it. For example: "The Hunger Games had potential as a book, it was just horribly written. Look at that unrealistic setting, even for a dystopia! Look at all the grammatical errors! Look at all the lack of description to sound "cool"! Run-on sentences are! Everywhere! Look at the cliche, underdeveloped, whiny Mary Sue of a protagonist! I give it a 4/10 for trying." That's my honest opinion on the book.

Honestly I sorta get you. Like I notice the bad stuff sure, but I really don't make it that big a deal if the media in question has some sort of saving grace. Everyone always like to point out the stuff a game does badly instead of the stuff it does well. I think your attitude is better. The point of playing games is to be entertained and have fun. How "refined" your sense of taste is doesn't really matter, the more stuff you enjoy the better