At Long Last it is Done

Naglfar94

Well after much working on this thing I am finally done with my very first hack ever! and Boy it was not easy heh I may not do this again for a long while. Anyway Now you guys can play this hack to the end! I did the best i could with fixing things up in this it is not perfect but darn it it plays I beat the final chapter so all is fine.

Link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/dghrgwnxtzlvmny/Fire%20Emblem%20-%20Seisen%20no%20Keifu%205.ips

Here is the Link to another version of my hack everything is pretty much the same except a made a few minor changes to the silver weapons and Celice`s final chapter bosses. And if you even care about it at all heh the battle music has been changed so yeah if you like hearing different songs then this is good then if not and the standard battle themes do it then no need for this.

Here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/s2s4dj9w9fwp697/Fire%20Emblem%20-%20Seisen%20no%20Keifu%206.ips

post-8375-0-00001900-1393990081_thumb.png post-8375-0-70959600-1393990167_thumb.png

post-8375-0-28191600-1393990116_thumb.png post-8375-0-86673200-1393990241_thumb.png post-8375-0-83908900-1393990311_thumb.png

1.Error & bugs:Well this is my first hack and all so all is not perfect there is one major thing you should look out for as I do not know how to fix it. When you are done playing or if you feel like a unit may die in battle use save states do not regular save! I mean you can but when loading back up you may notice a few of your units are missing their holy weapons they vanish on some and... You will need every piece of Holy equipment you get so yeah save state it up.

Another bug in this hack but I do believe I got rid of it all as I had no problems playing through is certain enemies would crash the game when they attacked you. I found it was the arch enemies or ballista it seems putting the continue skill on them causes a crash so they now have Great Shield instead.

2.Substitute units:Like using sub chars? well I made them slightly better they now have their own holy blood and some holy weapons you won`t get all the holy weapons though heh and sub chars are still inferior to normal ones. I have not tested playing through with sub chars so there is no telling how hard or easy the game will be with them.

3.Class Changing:It is all the same but many units now promote to classes you normally could not get like Queens etc. Also Diadora can promote now :) as well as Cuan and some other pre promote guys.

4:Stronger enemies:I made some enemies so powerful they actually break stat caps and you will see that often I had to fight a dragon master with 54 defense that is insane but adds to the epicness of battle with your holy weapons.

5.Some New skills:Many characters have different skills on them now like Siglud now has Holy Sword as a skill use it well it can increase damage by 20 or decrease it. You will need that skill of his and a critical hit from standing by Ethlin on Prologue chapter.

6.Hints & tips:Not much but eh Use leadership stars and Charisma skill wisely as they all increase hit% and evade% and i was quite generous with Charisma here a lot of your characters will either get the skill or already have so group attacks on some enemies is best as everyone gets the bonus. One place you will need to do that is chapter 5 watch out for those queens!! they all have charisma bonus! it is hard killing them use yours and leader stars.

Certain villages give you holy weapons. Well really only 2 one on chapter 6 their is a surprise there for either Johalva or Johan. And chapter 9 make sure you have corple visit that village!! Loptous is waiting heh or you can give loptous to someone else but come on Corple needs it everyone else will have a holy weapon or two.

7.Items:Some item prices have been dropped Lol I made the Valkyrie Staff Very cheap as you will need to use it often atleast I did Aless kept getting himself killed haha.

8.Triangle Attack:Your team can now use triangle attack in the 1st generation the Lenster trio can use it you do know who I am talking about right? heh everyone knows the Lenster trio... ok maybe not I will tell you Cuan,Ethlin & Fin. In the 2nd generation Aless,Leaf & Celice can use it.

And well that is it hope any who decide to give this a chance like it I think my first and maybe only hack came out fairly decent I will think about making another..but i am not sure if I am up to that again just yet will be awhile. So that said take the hack and enjoy it i want to know what you guys think of it after he atleast wait till you finish the last chapter to really tell as I have many surprises waiting on that one.

Edited by Naglfar94

It's like FE7if, basically. Bloated damage/HP values that either make battles overly fast or tediously slow and painful. That's... not fun.

That being said, I'm not actually one of those people that judges a game by 6 screenshots. I will play this and give criticism tomorrow. Still think it sounds kinda dumb.

It's like FE7if, basically. Bloated damage/HP values that either make battles overly fast or tediously slow and painful. That's... not fun.

That being said, I'm not actually one of those people that judges a game by 6 screenshots. I will play this and give criticism tomorrow. Still think it sounds kinda dumb.

heh well weather you love it or hate it after I can`t wait to see some thoughts on this hack :D as well as criticism after all it is not perfect but eh in my eyes decent heh but yeah let me know what you think after.

Good job, I guess I could give this a go the next time I use my computer. Don't see a whole lot of FE4 modifications around here (well... I don't). Anyways, prepare for both the positive and negative feedback!

heh well weather you love it or hate it after I can`t wait to see some thoughts on this hack :D as well as criticism after all it is not perfect but eh in my eyes decent heh but yeah let me know what you think after.

Boy I do love the weather.

I have to agree with Klok on this. You can't just say, "SKILLZ TO DA MAX!" and give snipers great sheild. You can't just make players rely on the holy weapons alone. And you can't break the stat caps themselves. I mean, Dragon Master with 54 defense? Is that what all enemies are? What's next, OP bandits?

Fire Emblem is supposed to be strategy, not inflated enemies. I could care less if the battles are, "epic".

That's why FE7if fails on so many levels.

Edited by PixelmanFE

The reason a battle is epic, is because everything up to it was easy or only fairly hard. If everything leading up to it was "epic" then the epic battles level out and become "normal" thus lowering the bar. In FE7 Chaos Mode, I plan to make the final chapter unbelievably hard, so hard that everything before it will be almost easy in comparison. If every character in the game before the final chapter was the same level as Nergal and the Dragon though, then Nergal and the dragon would only be nominally harder, see?

Good job, I guess I could give this a go the next time I use my computer. Don't see a whole lot of FE4 modifications around here (well... I don't). Anyways, prepare for both the positive and negative feedback!

Yeah my hack is quite a simple one but I guess it is a rare kind heh as it focuses mainly on equipment and holy blood I would like to think of it more as an equipment mod now heh. Yes! I am ready for both positive and negative feedback haha it is to be expected I guess. Anyway thanks I am really happy to have my first ever project out!

Boy I do love the weather.

I have to agree with Klok on this. You can't just say, "SKILLZ TO DA MAX!" and give snipers great sheild. You can't just make players rely on the holy weapons alone. And you can't break the stat caps themselves. I mean, Dragon Master with 54 defense? Is that what all enemies are? What's next, OP bandits?

Fire Emblem is supposed to be strategy, not inflated enemies. I could care less if the battles are, "epic".

That's why FE7if fails on so many levels.

I understand what you mean heh it was the only way I could make the enemies become some kind of threat though unless I lowered the power of the holy weapons but I won`t do that. Besides this is my first time doing all this heh if I decide to hack again it won`t be quite like this. But yeah erm I actually did really make OP bandits in this but you don`t really see them much till late game such as my fake holy weapon pirates they have silver axes that give swanchika stat bonuses to them.

The reason a battle is epic, is because everything up to it was easy or only fairly hard. If everything leading up to it was "epic" then the epic battles level out and become "normal" thus lowering the bar. In FE7 Chaos Mode, I plan to make the final chapter unbelievably hard, so hard that everything before it will be almost easy in comparison. If every character in the game before the final chapter was the same level as Nergal and the Dragon though, then Nergal and the dragon would only be nominally harder, see?

Yeah I see what you mean. Well now I know :D next time if I ever hack it will be a bit more balanced I think FE3 would suit my next hack best FE3 is another classic favorite of mine followed by FE5. Anyway thanks guys for your thoughts on my first project heh I appreciate it I will do better next time now that I`ve gained some experience using nightmare module.

I can't even begin to fathom how your edits + holy weapons bonus on enemies was thought to be a good idea. The holy weapons bonuses are MASSIVE, and then you said that you've increased the caps and stats severely as well.

Yep heh don`t worry though the enemies are still killable even with the bonuses and the weapons themselves since I wanted to make them fake holy weapons. They are weaker than the real thing like instead of the usual 30 Might shared by every real holy weapon the fake ones have 22 they also have less hit% you will see these enemies scattered here and there in a few early chapters heh but I thought it out enough to save most for the final chapters of both generations. Celice`s final chapter for example I went all out on that one. But yeah you may run into an enemy or two early in the game with a silver lance that gives Gae Bolg bonus. Haha look it is better than meeting Naga and Loptous on the battle field both now have 40 attack power and has 0 weight so we are now looking at a good 80+ attack power from Yurius,Diadora & Yuria.

Yep heh don`t worry though the enemies are still killable even with the bonuses and the weapons themselves since I wanted to make them fake holy weapons. They are weaker than the real thing like instead of the usual 30 Might shared by every real holy weapon the fake ones have 22 they also have less hit% you will see these enemies scattered here and there in a few early chapters heh but I thought it out enough to save most for the final chapters of both generations. Celice`s final chapter for example I went all out on that one. But yeah you may run into an enemy or two early in the game with a silver lance that gives Gae Bolg bonus. Haha look it is better than meeting Naga and Loptous on the battle field both now have 40 attack power and has 0 weight so we are now looking at a good 80+ attack power from Yurius,Diadora & Yuria.

Does that mean that the majority of the game is trial and error, a little luck based, and you need to rely on certain units/holy weapons to get you through most situations?

Does that mean that the majority of the game is trial and error, a little luck based, and you need to rely on certain units/holy weapons to get you through most situations?

Well that is hard for me to explain I mean while this hack is based off of Holy Blood,Weapons and skills as I wanted that to be the main focus. There are a few units who actually don`t have a holy Weapon to use and still fight fine Noish should be a good example of that and maybe the improved sub chars I still have to test play through the game as them as I have only done so with the normal children so far. I have been making progress quite smoothly through this hack I am at the end of chapter 3 again so far only had Levin go down was my fault though from using wind magic to fight mages with Elfire. But yeah the main focus here is skills and weapons. i will do a substitute run real soon to see how my sub chars came out I am mainly worried about how the subs will handle the 12 dark war lords on the last chapter. Although I made Arion and has crew of dragon knights actually worth something they are strong enough to stand toe to toe with the enemy now.... It always annoyed me so much in the regular game how weak Arion and his crew show up to help you : Arion is supposed to be a really powerful guy and so are the last dragon nights of thracia.