Looking for spriters interested in making a game

asdfasdf

3rding on the demonstrating some progress before asking for any outside contributions. Once you have something to show and demonstrate you can actually do things, people will begin to take interest (until then, they're really just ideas and no one's really sure you will follow through with anything).

For now you can probably use open-source assets and stuff as stand-ins.

http://opengameart.org/

Or just use the graphics assets of the official games if you're looking to make something more mod/hack-like.

Ok probably would've been a good idea to start with free sprites and then later change to more specific custom made sprites..

Initially I was thinking more on the lines of starting with all the assets at hand but, seems like I gotta change my ways.

This post was more of a "take a random shot in hopes of getting someone, if not, oh well" rather than "must get someone to make sprites!" anyway.

Better trying and failing than not trying at all.

Still, if there's anyone, feel free to contact me :)

Better trying and failing than not trying at all.

Just be sure to try again when you have something to show! ^__^

(Also yeah, the coding is more or less the most straightforward part. It takes a long time to update a library of graphics compared to updating code, so 'good looking sprites' ought to come once the other cores (engine/story) are stable.)

It sounds interesting and all, and I'm all for welcoming another coder to the community, but in reality a lot of people do tend to come and go with just ideas. Once you do get started I'm sure people will be willing to give their input and possibly join your project. Good luck in any case~

(And totally if you're thinking shiny assets would be motivation to get going you should spare some change and put good money down on it too. Just from the gist of your original post, it sounds more like we'd be working to fill in your skill gaps to complete your game, rather than creating a collaborative team project where we share skills to make something we both want.)