What´s your favourite recruitment?

Hello everyone :)

I would like to ask you, which is your favourite conversation of recruitung a new unit in the whole Fire Emblem series. It´s hard to poll you, so I think it´s better to make your own suggestion(s) maybe with the reason(s) for your choice. For example: funny, story based, character based etc...

I look forward to all your suggestions :)

Oh, I'd say Amelia's with Ephraim. He just finishes saying how horrible it is that Grado is recruiting children, and then he turns around and recruits her (Amelia). What a hypocrite. That's the one that made me laugh the most, at least.

Oh, I'd say Amelia's with Ephraim. He just finishes saying how horrible it is that Grado is recruiting children, and then he turns around and recruits her (Amelia). What a hypocrite. That's the one that made me laugh the most, at least.

No, that's not what happened. He doesn't say that it is horrible that Grado is recruiting children. He acts merely surprised to see a soldier of that age.

Anyway, my favorite is probably Haar recruiting Jill in chapter 3-7. (Since in 3E, the conversation no longer makes any sense.)

It's not as amusing as having Mist recruiting her but it is a lot more touching.

I actually like the conversation with Franz and Amelia, where she trips over her lance... Seems appropriate, given her performance later.

I like Ayra's recruitment a lot, mostly because it's very different from the traditional enemy recruitment; trying to lead her away from the castle without getting her killed/getting killed yourself is a good challenge. I feel the same way about Corpul/Hannibal recruitments, as well.

Lifis in FE5 is pretty great too, given that his primary motivations are (a.) turning Leif in to the empire and collecting the bounty, and (b.) getting in Safy's pants.

Not a 'single' recruitment but my favourite is the recruitment chain in Chapter 19 of New Mystery of the Emblem.

Recruitng Roshea before Vyland reaches you, drwaing out Sedgar and recruiting him with Vyland, then triggering massive numbers of reinforcements while trying to get Sedgar to talk to Wolf. It's great.

I love Clarine's recruitment in FE 6. She forces Roy to let her join and her conversation for recruitment sounds like something I would probablt similarly say to someone.

L'Arachel recruiting Rennac and Serra recruiting Erk - all for the funnies! XD

The previously mentioned Haar and Jill convo was indeed pretty touching; I also recently managed to recruit Harken with Isadora for the first time, and it was such a nice yet sad conversation.

I know my least favorite was seeing that Jill could talk to her father and on my first play through, I though it was a recruitment thing, only to see her become an enemy and then leaving me really confused (and mad cause I couldn't lose Jill!).

I know my least favorite was seeing that Jill could talk to her father and on my first play through, I though it was a recruitment thing, only to see her become an enemy and then leaving me really confused (and mad cause I couldn't lose Jill!).

Now you know how the enemy commanders feel when you recruit someone from the enemies side.

Probably Sheeda recruiting Roger in FE11.

This. That conversation was just the funniest thing I've ever seen in a Fire Emblem game, but Owain's support conversations with Lucina are a close second, especially the Pointy Demonspanker bit. XD

Marcia recruiting Makalov in PoR, no contest. Just OMG the HILARITY. XD

Second would be Serra getting Erk in FE7. Again, priceless. Lol

I remember one time after getting Makalov recruited, I had Marcia immediately attack a bandit with a javelin, which she killed with a crit. She was probably so angry with Makalov she needed a punching bag.

I remember one time after getting Makalov recruited, I had Marcia immediately attack a bandit with a javelin, which she killed with a crit. She was probably so angry with Makalov she needed a punching bag.

When I played PoR the first time I put Marcia in Makalov´s range. I thought, he would not attack her and join automatically the Greil´s Mecenaries. But he attacked her and she critted him to death with a slimlance. This was the most hilirious thing, which happened in all my Fire Emblem games. I laughed so hard. I think Makalov was so drunken, that he did not realize her sister...

But the sad thing: I missed Marcia´s rage.

Now you know how the enemy commanders feel when you recruit someone from the enemies side.

I guess it would suck as an enemy commander knowing that the only other ally with a face will inevitably defect.

Also, getting all of the wolf guard was definitely fun, I basically just had my top tanks unequip their weapons and box Vyland in until I could get Roshen back over there, it was quite scary. Also, it sucked when I sent in Est to kill some ballista's near Wolf only to get 8 (or whatever amount) cavaliers to appear and slaughter her, yay save points.

Edited by metalsnowman3

Favorite recruitment requirements: Xavier in FE5 (Am I a masochist?)

Was going to mention that myself. It's a bitch and a half, but it's a cool idea for a requirement.

Also, Shinon's rerecruitment in FE9. It's nice to see Ike kick the crap out of the guy who was always a dick to him.

Also, Shinon's rerecruitment in FE9. It's nice to see Ike kick the crap out of the guy who was always a dick to him.

Oh, I loved this one too! Haha. It makes Shinon hate Ike even more. XD

I also liked how you also had to have Rolf talk to Shinon first.