• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's, like, 160 characters though, and I'm only recently learned the names of most the Windows Characters. Major props if you can learn them all and maybe their personalities, although that last one is easy

There's, like, 160 characters though, and I'm only recently learned the names of most the Windows Characters. Major props if you can learn them all and maybe their personalities, although that last one is easy

I've learned every FE character that's playable.

Every pokeman etched in my mind

I can do this.

I'm not saying it's SUPER CRAZY DIFFICULT oh wait, I did, but yeah.

Also because we don't really see most characters, fanon has to, sadly, give them personality if they aren't given personality on screen, or the in book personality is unfavorable.

Senpai, can you link me your 300 mill DDC replay?

i want to see it

Everybody can see it: http://threplays.appspot.com/replay_files/th14_ud000n.rpy

I Hope I do good in DDC, a 1cc does sound nice...

Bomb spam moar

Even MoF doesn't penalize you as much for not bomb-spamming, despite bombs being more spammable there.

Jup. The Game Clear Bonus is:

18 million (base value)

+ 10 million per life left

+ 3 million per bomb left

Difficulty doesn't matter, only the Extra Stage uses a different formula.

10 million per life, okay, that's a really significant amount.

I'm expecting an SA Lunatic NMNB clear from Fera. :newyears:

I don't Fera has completely lost his sanity yet, don't worry.

You should give it a try! I actually found myself able to somewhat consistently capture it when I don't screw up the transition from empty space to the path between the small knives, even on Hard (the main difference on Hard is that the small knives appear earlier and there are more aimed daggers per wave, meaning that you have to stream longer with less room available, but the general strategy remains the same).

Okay, this one attempt, I actually cleared You Grow Bigger with only one bomb (note that SakuyaA's bomb protects you twice). The next run, I tried to pull off the same thing and lost two complete lives >_>. This was a run where I reached Reverse Bow with eight lives. But I cleared the game with 3 lives, because of a) greed, b) my refusal to bomb to several spells

I think I'll take ZUN's advice and use the bombs while I still have them, thank you. You Grow Bigger is just too tough.

That might be it, actually.

Heck, on Hard she has more lives than Seija (!). xD

Seija has two spells on her last life, so it doesn't mean that much.

That said, I might try redeeming myself with a perfect TD run maybe. Last attempt was thwarted by Miko's nonspells and an itchy X button finger.

The more effort you put into dodging boss attacks, the worse your score will be. Scoring requires you to cheese them with Trance+bombs. With how easy TD is, I'd even intentionally die just to get more bombs+Trance (unless I lose too many lives on silly deaths earlier).

tch, i knew it TAT

maybe i'll use sakuya B this time..

wait, can i?

Since you weren't there when we picked shot types, you're free to use whichever one you like. ^^

Eh? I thought ghost-drafters had to roll an RNG and go with whatever shot type they end up getting?

I kinda want to play Double Spoiler now.

Double Spoiler is good for training yourself in identifying patterns during spell cards and dealing with them. However...

Double Spoiler is super crazy difficult though :<

...it does get really difficult sometimes. I still can't deal with most of Shou's spells.

Ah..

So I check weebTouhou Wiki...

Holy crap.

So many characters

14 games on the main line, with a few side games here and there, and some print works. Note that out of all the aspects of Touhou, I like the characters more than anything else. For me, Touhou is about characters > music > fun gameplay > interesting and beautiful bullet patterns > challenge >>>>> whatever I don't care about.

All you need to know is their names. It gets easy after you play their games multiple times

Also, most people don't care about the characters from the books or at least I don't

Well, I know about the characters like Toyohime and Yorihime because I actually read the manga where they appear in. For others, I only care about their name and appearance.

But what if I'm OCD about knowing every character.

This is a path I must take alone

Don't worry, it didn't take me long to memorize all the in-game characters' name (both family name and given name), ability, and personality. And most of their boss theme names too. Of course, it was a lot easier for me since I actually played and cleared all the integers. But I don't know too much about the characters that don't appear in any of the games.

Wakasagihime

I memorized that in less than five minutes. :t

As did I.

real pros also take the time to learn about the popular fan characters like Sasha and Mitori

Zak no

^This Edited by Railgun

Everybody can see it: http://threplays.appspot.com/replay_files/th14_ud000n.rpy

Bomb spam moar

...it does get really difficult sometimes. I still can't deal with most of Shou's spells.

Well, I know about the characters like Toyohime and Yorihime because I actually read the manga where they appear in. For others, I only care about their name and appearance.

^This

Will watch

I'm trying to use all the lives I get per life :<

I couldn't get past Lvl 3 of StB, so I can't probably can't get far in DS

moon bitches I see

:3