Sea Lion's Sprites II

Sea Lion

Hey, so I figured with my re-introduction to the Fire Emblem world I'd start a new spriting thread. I'm probably not going to have a lot because I'm going to be working mostly on trying to get a rom hack going, but when I do have something (as I do now) I'm going to post it. Yeah, if I could get some critique on the following that'd be great, thanks!

Wilhelm.png

Valentine.png

On both of them there are a couple of stray pixels that I've cleaned up, I just don't have access to my desktop to upload the newer versions at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, so these are the two main characters to what is my planned hack. Now that I have them I'm going to start working on it in earnest. They're Anselm and Rhowen. Anselm is pretty much a full custom, I used Aran's armor as a basis for Anselm and I feel like it came out a bit bland/his shoulders look funny/is his head too big? Rhowen's body is kinda temporary, it's the basic idea of what she'll wear though.

Anselm.png

Rhowen-1.png

• 2 years later...

So it's been for like ever, but I'm here with some new stuff!

Eponine%20adapted.png

This is obviously based off Eponine, I'm shit at custom hair though so I used a head that I'd already made for a different sprite.

zero%20adapted.png

This is much more of a WIP, a lot of the shading isn't finished or is real wonky. Again, the inspiration should be clear and I still can't custom hair.

alette.png

This one I'm actually really proud of. It's Alette from Banner Saga (fantastic game and I highly recommend it). The one on the left is true colors and then right is a 16 color one.

Lemme know what you all think!

So it's been for like ever, but I'm here with some new stuff!

Eponine%20adapted.png

This is obviously based off Eponine, I'm shit at custom hair though so I used a head that I'd already made for a different sprite.

zero%20adapted.png

This is much more of a WIP, a lot of the shading isn't finished or is real wonky. Again, the inspiration should be clear and I still can't custom hair.

alette.png

This one I'm actually really proud of. It's Alette from Banner Saga (fantastic game and I highly recommend it). The one on the left is true colors and then right is a 16 color one.

Lemme know what you all think!

The body for all of these are really good! I wish I could do hands lol.

I wish I could into anatomy, then maybe one day I could do halfbodies

Nilesphidel is highly enjoyable :'1

Alette's great, and I love the bowstring, but it seems kinda off-model to me. Doesn't she have a more prominent nose?

0218eee4dc1df3858b5df249b467a977.png

c2f74fd31b4122344c0125310e332bf9.png

Something sorta like this?

Other than that, shift the mouth over a pixel or two and maybe thicken up the lips, and you've got a pretty good adaptation for a wip!

Edited by Eise

Thank you for the advice, I was trying to get a nose like that earlier but I couldn't quite get any of the face right, definitely gonna continue playing around with it, my version of her just looks a little too young and friendly sort of.

I also have 2 more WIPs from the same game, Hakon and Sigbjorn. Hakon is pretty rough in a bunch of areas but Sigbjorn is pretty ready for critique -- oh except for his sword, that's kinda bad at the moment. Lemme know what you all think!

hakon.png

sigbjorn.png

• 9 months later...

*blows off dust*

Hello! I am alive again, and making battle sprites now! I discovered that the Duelyst sprites are very similar in style and size to gba FE battle sprites and am using those as reference for battle sprites. Lemme know what you think!

Elder%20Display.png

So I revamped the standing sprite a bit, just cleaned up the stomach area, and made the potential attack animation. What do people think? Also, chains or no chains? I couldn't decide and figured it would be easier to add them in later than to take them out.

Elder%20Display_1.png