Easy vs. normal

Bosses seem to be the same, from the website - can't say as to enemies or deployment differences.

I'll say this much, though - there's a bug somewhere in which some Easy enemies (I think especially near endgame) actually have Maniac Mode stats and maybe skills - the hardest mode available only in the Japanese disc for whatever reason.

I distinctively remember some abnormally tougher enemies near the end too. Like the dragon Laguz.

As Parrhesia mentioned, it's likely a bug because Easy replaced the old Maniac and some data probably got left behind.

Of course, they're still fairly easy with all the exp you get, but it's just funny when you notice these guys.

For my part, I remember that enemies always seemed suspiciously more powerful then the allies recruited in the same chapter.

Back then, I did have the thought that maybe they just used Maniac mode, supercharged the exp gain and called it a day.

Do we have enemy data of the easy and maniac difficulties anywhere?

Edited by BrightBow

For my part, I remember that enemies always seemed suspiciously more powerful then the allies recruited in the same chapter.

Back then, I did have the thought that maybe they just used Maniac mode, supercharged the exp gain and called it a day.

Do we have enemy data of the easy and maniac difficulties anywhere?

I thought so too but i dont think thats the case. I think they kept the same enemy deployment of Normal and in some cases, the amount of reinforcements the same as Normal. But some enemies are all blitzkrieg. I dunno, it looked like Maniac had higher enemy density.

As for topic:

Theres not much of a difference outside of that occasional bizarro Maniac stat thing. Exp gain is nearly doubled on Easy. I believe BEXP is also given more of a push. The only real difference between the two modes you will notice outright is that your guys will be promoting far sooner in Easy, and by the Tower of Gritnea chapter, you may see all your active team at level 20.

There's another difference that hasn't been mentioned so far, and as far as I know only happens in EM Chapter 4.

If you load a save from Chapter 4 normally (clear Chapter 3 save), you get the following enemies.

dJ15O8k.jpg

However, if you save in the Chapter 4 prep screen, reset, and restart the chapter, you get these enemies.

FfrOou7.jpg

I'm not sure what causes this exactly, but I'd assume it's some sort of remaining data from MM.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With easy mode, you gain a substancial amount more of exp, practically double compared to normal. You also get a lot more bonus exp but I never really used it much. Besides the enemy raven reienforcements in chapters 12 and 13 and some of Duke Tanas's reinforcements in the Serenes Forest gauntlet parts and endgame, not many compared to normal mode. Beware of one thing though, if you have the North American copy of Path of Radiance and/or Radiant Dawn you cannot transfer your easy mode save to Radiant Dawn. Hope this helps!