QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guilty pleasure right now is playing those Touhou fighting games, Scarlet Weather Rapsody and whatever the name of the expansion was. Just figured out how to get the voice mod to work it's awesome, go Suika! I'm so bad at those type of fighting games I can barely beat easy........T_T

I guess I'd have to say;

Wierd Food, and any non Youngbloods Diseased Comic book.

And for today, I'd have to say that I just learned when to shut up and how to shut up.

Edited by Popeye

Getting into Anime.

And most importantly, finishing High School. Good fucking riddance.

Beating the Trainer Gauntlet in a Pokemon hack without any savestates.

12 trainers in a row, all with a full party of Lvl 100s, with no breaks in between (after you fight one you immediately fight the next). Tough as hell but you feel amazing when you make it through it all.

I'm 25 and still play Pokemon. I think that may count as a guilty pleasure.

Most fulfilling thing I did in the last year? I can't think of one fucking thing.

Apparently you need to learn the meaning of "most"~

But I assume if it was really nothing significant then it wouldn't stand out and you wouldn't remember/consider it...

Apparently you need to learn the meaning of "most"~

But I assume if it was really nothing significant then it wouldn't stand out and you wouldn't remember/consider it...

First of all, why are you singling me out, when Raven said the exact same thing? Is 2014 the "Year of picking on NinjaMonkey" or something? Secondly, I didn't do anything that was the least bit significant last year, which is why I answered "absolutely nothing" to the question.

Hmm sorry, I actually missed Raven saying that~

That still is missing the point though... I was saying there's no way everything had the same amount of good or bad in it x3 But then I said I figured that there just must have not been anything that stood out enough for you to remember or consider...

Hm let's go over what I did last year

I guess surviving last semester with a satisfactory GPA? Considering I was doing 3 project classes which was utter death due to all the deadlines (in which I think I've racked up my caffeine tolerance again) and I managed grades worthy of my scholarship

OH

There was this programming assignment I had to do, Google App Engine/Google Web Toolkit stuff

I had 2 other projects due right before its due date and I prioritize assignments by due date order so I literally only had 7 hours to do it after I get home from class which isn't a hell lot of time considering programming assignments in my school goes

So during class I drew up this diagram of how the thing would work and

7 hours, 70% of the assignment, damn I felt pretty proud afterwards (and wishing for 3 more hours on the deadline because I could finish it in that time but oh well)

I think there's some code base the prof gave us but I had 7 hours and it takes me too long to parse other people's code so I just wrote the damn thing from scratch

\o/

Edited by Thor Odinson

First of all, why are you singling me out, when Raven said the exact same thing? Is 2014 the "Year of picking on NinjaMonkey" or something? Secondly, I didn't do anything that was the least bit significant last year, which is why I answered "absolutely nothing" to the question.

Actually it's the year of the horse.

Hm let's go over what I did last year

I guess surviving last semester with a satisfactory GPA? Considering I was doing 3 project classes which was utter death due to all the deadlines (in which I think I've racked up my caffeine tolerance again) and I managed grades worthy of my scholarship

OH

There was this programming assignment I had to do, Google App Engine/Google Web Toolkit stuff

I had 2 other projects due right before its due date and I prioritize assignments by due date order so I literally only had 7 hours to do it after I get home from class which isn't a hell lot of time considering programming assignments in my school goes

So during class I drew up this diagram of how the thing would work and

7 hours, 70% of the assignment, damn I felt pretty proud afterwards (and wishing for 3 more hours on the deadline because I could finish it in that time but oh well)

I think there's some code base the prof gave us but I had 7 hours and it takes me too long to parse other people's code so I just wrote the damn thing from scratch

\o/

Grats, that really sounds like a pain in the ass. Are all of those projects development-related? Are you really expected to handle three separate sets of requirements and retain that knowledge?

I never went to school for this stuff, so I'm not sure how it works.