Who´s your favourite final boss?

Your favourite final boss.  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who´s your favourite final boss?

Hmm...Ashera was pretty cool to fight with the Auras around her.

Medeus 12 is the most challenging so I like that one too.

Grima was a chump and easy to beat, but the map being on his back was nice. AvatarSue ruined the battle for me though.

Berserk Ashnard is cool too.

Those are the 4 that I like. The rest are anti-climactly easy or dont have a good atmosphere for me.

I don't really like many of these overwhelmingly powerful evil characters. I like most of the characters like Zephiel and Nergal. (The main human antagonists)

Veld because he had a lot of impact on the plot and he was such a challenging boss

Ashnard for having mostly natural badassery and not being a dragon/possessed by a dragon/a god until he uses the medallion... which only gives him a slight stat increase

Ashnard on hard. He actually moves and as I recall he goes crazy or something and gets harder. Not to mention he's just a dude and not some creature or something. Only thing to make him better is if the dragon attacked too.

Doma is the best. Dunno about Ashera or FE12!Medeus, but Cthulhu dragon beats the rest in looks and difficulty. Plus, the fact that they actually had a unique animation of Alm stabbing Doma at the end was super cool, I wish they did stuff like that more often. Also the battle itself was super cool, considering it was the first time you got to control both parties at the same time.

Hmm...Ashera was pretty cool to fight with the Auras around her.

Medeus 12 is the most challenging so I like that one too.

Grima was a chump and easy to beat, but the map being on his back was nice. AvatarSue ruined the battle for me though.

Berserk Ashnard is cool too.

Those are the 4 that I like. The rest are anti-climactly easy or dont have a good atmosphere for me.

Ashera is unique, because she´s the only one goddes you face. And also she has a whole map attack, which can rape everyone. She´s also the only one boss, I have not could beat in one turn (I have only played FE7-13 yet).

Medeus´ atmosphere is very dark and it´s really tricky to recruit Nyna, Lena, Maria and Elice, because your units are in Medeus´ attacking range, so you have to beat him in the same turn.

Grima´s map theme is my favourite, but the boss itsself is lame even on Lunatic. I can´t even enjoy the theme, because I can beat him under a minute. Dragons (except for Medeus) as final bosses are kinda boring.

Berserk Ashnard is cool, but Ike can take him with wrath and resolve in one turn. But I love challenging the "Mad King" too.

Ashnard, for actually being a challenge.

Yes, he is a challenge if you do not give skills to Ike or Nasir/Ena. "Beserk" Ashnard almost impossible to beat without skills.

But if Ike gets wrath and resolve, he can take Ashnard and even "Berserk" Ashnard in one turn.

I don't really like many of these overwhelmingly powerful evil characters. I like most of the characters like Zephiel and Nergal. (The main human antagonists)

That´s true. The final fights against the dragons are kinda boring, because they are just living fossils without a personality. I didn´t get any emotions, if I fought them.

Edited by Shuuda

As one could probably tell from my avvie (at the time of writing this post), Idun.

She easily wins to me because of her tragic backstory. As hinted at by her choice to stay behind while other Divine Dragons set off to Arcadia or the Dragon gate, she never wanted anything to do with the Scouring in the first place. But unfortunately, she was ultimately dragged into the conflict out because of the desperation of the Dragons participating in the Scouring, and reduced to a mere shell of her former self in the process. She was fortunate enough for Hartmut to grant her mercy, and more fortunate that Roy does give her help in returning to her former self. But to think that stuff like the Ending Winter was caused by a chain of events starting with her involvement.

Plus she has some great music in both events and her battle. Not to mention, her human form makes her look kinda like a female Sephiroth.

Other honorable mentions include Medeus for looking pretty darn intimidating in FE3, and for his difficulty in FE12. Ashera for uniqueness among final bosses. Ashnard for natural badassery, Lehran's Medallion or not. (Though a Wrath/Resolve Ike turns him into putty.) Julius for being Lyon's inspiration. And Grima because he's the most active final boss, and the most threatening villain by far.

Edited by Just call me Al

Ashera is fun with Auras that require either an A. Kill or B. Nihil to destroy without getting murdered by Judge after. It's also bugs the heck out of me when Ike only has 70 hit on Ashera.

I love how nobody voted for Grima because he's so mind-numbingly easy.

Ashera because she's the only one that isn't simply "kill this really powerful enemy."* She's also quite different as an antagonist from most of the others, who tend to be "really evil dude who's evil and does bad things."

As far as the fight goes, Formortiis is probably the next best. I have no idea why Ashnard is getting so many votes, there's nothing special about him in either story or combat. Maybe because he moves and regenerates in hard mode?

*If this enemy is even powerful at all. I'm looking at you, Idoun.

• 4 weeks later...

For me it was the Fire Dragon in Blazing Sword because Nergal was a cool villian and I kinda felt for him and so finally after we struck him down I was like: "Guys... we did it." then the game was like NOAP you forgot about the open Dragon's Gate! :P So not only was I generally surprised when that happened but like Nergal, I did not enjoy killing that Fire Dragon.

Ashnard, hands down. Downright invincible to all but three units, possessing high stats and no weaknesses, and the amount of dialogue he gets is awe-inspiring.

Plus I just like it that the game's biggest threat is a mere supervillain instead of a god of destruction like Final Fantasy and the like. Gives it a "Link VS Ganondorf"-kind of feeling.