FE8 Hacking Help

Naglfar94

Alrighty so recently I started hacking FE8 for my own personal amusement but then ran across 2 problems heh I am so used to hacking SNES FE games that I don`t completely understand the GBA ones So yeah I know there are many GBA FE hackers out there so this should go rather fast I hope my current problems are.

1.How do you edit chapter units? enemy units in special. player ones I have handled well except starting classes for players. Anyway I want to edit enemies in tower of Valni and Lagdou Ruins the tower I want to class up the enemies and make them stronger but I can`t because the Army editor thing looks like junk data to me. Most all the lists say Seth in it or Eirika and Ephraim where are the enemies at? you know the Skeletons and Zombies and stuff so I can change them properly.

2.how do you edit chapter maps properly? I am in creature Campaign and would like to change some of the maps I see some interesting ones in the list such as debug map etc. but when I try to change say Narube River to it or another map it...does not go well and i know no other way top access other maps or replay certain chapters such as chapter 19 I tried putting it on the River map and it was glitched. Also on a side note but this is not as important as the two questions above Why won`t the Demon kings weapon nightmare work on my side? I tried everything i could think but it refuses to work My team can`t seem to be able to use that weapon period which is odd.

Edited by Naglfar94

the army editor is the correct thing to use

you change maps with the event reference table or do it manually

Oh I see so the chapter unit editor I was using is the right thing? I see but that still does not explain why I keep seeing Seth in the lists I don`t want to touch them if the change Seth. I did manage to find 1 monster in the tower of Valni and change it that is as far as I got the rest is unclear as they all say Seth. As for maps thanks I did not know that heh I was editing half of the maps and leaving the event data the same.