The SF Pokemon League

blyegg

Maintained by Blyvern and Jiac
Rules:

• Follow all Smogon/PS OU rules. All games will be played as OU battles on Showdown.
  • State what times you are available, as well as days if applicable.
  • No more than one of the same species of Pokemon per team.
  • Maximum 20 contestants, minimum 4.
  • Mega Pokemon are allowed.
  • Switching teams between battles is allowed.
  • Sign up here: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/87FMynJVFg after you post your times.
  • Battles must be witnessed by either myself or Jiac. Or a replay must be saved. However, at least two audience members in the case of a replay. (Replays will be saved even if me or Jiac witness the battle.)

Contestants:

Blyvern
Seevea
Jiac
ShadowfrostZenbiniar
tuvarkz
Comet7
Siegmund
VenosaurusRex
jiodi
amcc4728
Childish_Killer
Jaoenkatsu
Ronman5
Deus_Mach
Monothemeerp
KingOrpheus

Prizes:
1st: Any Pokemon of your choice, might be allowed to be event. If you want specific set, then it will be PokeGenned. Can be shiny.
2nd: Any Pokemon of your choice. Will have 31 IVs in 5 stats of your choice.

(The prizes may be changed later.)
MUST ALLOW TIME TO BREED.
IF 5 DAYS HAVE PASSED AND ME OR JIAC HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO BREED IT, IT WILL BE POKEGENNED (unless Jiac wants to keep on trying, because I am far too busy).

Rule Suggestions:
Post about it. If 2 other people agree with your rule, it will be added.

Other Info:
This started as a IP.Chat thing, but not enough participants.
This will be played on Showdown.

Brackets will be made once we get enough contestants.

Match A has ended... Seevea wins!

Edited by Blyvern

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rule suggestion:

Swagger + Foul Play should be fine under limited use (1 Pokemon)

Swagger and Ditto on the same team should be banned under all circumstances.

Participation is currently being accepted please post if you want to be accepted,and be active in IP Chat when battling,brackets will be determined once enough people participate which is at least 4 people.

Edited by Jiac2001

So, MegaLuke, Blaziekn and Megamom are allowed? Just curious.

That's what Blyv said >.> he wants all Megas available...

Edited by Jiac2001

Why are the Pseudo-Legendaries banned though? Mega-Kangaskhan is way more dangerous than Salamence or Mega-Garchomp will ever be.

You could suggest their unbannings if enough people agree with you,again Blyv put the idea :P

Edited by Jiac2001

Why is the 5th place prize the best? It's not like we can't get the other ones at the gen thread or the events/legendaries will be 100% legit.

Also, why no legendaries? I never got those kids who said that.

Are you saying that Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Raikou, Suicune, Entei, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Latios, Latias, Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Cresselia, Heatran, Regigigas, Landorus, Thunderus, Tornadus, Terrakion, Virizion, and Cobalion are too strong?

As a matter of fact, most of them are hardly ever used.

Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine.

Edited by Not-an-Apple

Why is the 5th place prize the best? It's not like we can't get the other ones at the gen thread or the events/legendaries will be 100% legit.

Also, why no legendaries? I never got those kids who said that.

Are you saying that Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Raikou, Suicune, Entei, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Latios, Latias, Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Cresselia, Heatran, Regigigas, Landorus, Thunderus, Tornadus, Terrakion, Virizion, and Cobalion are too strong?

As a matter of fact, most of them are hardly ever used.

Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine.

It's just because most people can't get a perfect one of them,without genning ._. so it was half-fair.Though I see your point.

It's just because most people can't get a perfect one of them,without genning ._. so it was half-fair.Though I see your point.

If Mega Mom, Megaluke, and Mega Bird are allowed, which I am assuming is done because you're using Nintendo-allowed Pokemon, I see absolutely no reason as to why those should be banned.

It's not even like they're uber or anything.

If Mega Mom, Megaluke, and Mega Bird are allowed, which I am assuming is done because you're using Nintendo-allowed Pokemon, I see absolutely no reason as to why those should be banned.

It's not even like they're uber or anything.

You could either attempt for a banlist or have legendaries unbanned,I say attempt for banlist since we're kinda going VGC rules without the Kalos Born limitation.

EDIT: I made the same suggestion to Blyv

Edited by Jiac2001

You could either attempt for a banlist or have legendaries unbanned,I say attempt for banlist since we're kinda going VGC rules without the Kalos Born limitation.

EDIT: I made the suggestion to Blyv

If that's the case, only Mewtwo, Mew, Ho-oh, Lugia, Celebi, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Deoxys, Jirachi, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Darkrai, Shaymin, Manaphy, Phione, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Meloetta, Keldeo, Yveltal, Xerneas, and Zygarde are banned.

Everything else goes.

If that's the case, only Mewtwo, Mew, Ho-oh, Lugia, Celebi, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Deoxys, Jirachi, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Darkrai, Shaymin, Manaphy, Phione, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Meloetta, Keldeo, Yveltal, Xerneas, and Zygarde are banned.

Everything else goes.

I would probably add Heatran to the list if Jirachi and Celebi is on there but yah,you need enough people to agree with you.

If two more people agree, I'll limit it to the mentioned Pokemon.

EDIT: When we made the rules, I admit they were generalized.

Edited by Blyvern

Heatran is allowed in in-game facilities and official VGC tournaments.

Jirachi and Celebi are not.

Very different.

I know,but I wonder what makes it the exception,anyways,we might consider it.

I know,but I wonder what makes it the exception,anyways,we might consider it.

VGC rules ban every cover and event legendaries(mewtwo included even though he's not on the cover of a game). Heatran being freely available and not being a 680 behemoth is therefore allowed under VGC rules.

Edited by LuxSpes

Available any day from 9am - 10:30pm EST.

Blyvern is currently unavailable so you have to kinda wait a bit before your thing gets added don't be discouraged...

Shit man those prizes are hella enticing. My team is pretty garbage, but I'll have to consider entering.

As a rule suggestion: NO evasion moves and NO Moody allowed. I can take the supposedly uber-tier guys like Blaziken or Kangaskhan or whoever appearing, but evasion is hands-down the single biggest thing that ruins the fun of this game.