Ephraim and Klok's FE7 Randomizer

Klokinator

Okay guys, so this is the new topic that's just for the randomizer created by Ephraim225 along with things I helped design. There will be another topic for Camtech and I's randomizer when we get the first release finished somewhere in the next day or two. His randomizer is working currently but we're ironing out bugs.

Now then, this topic is for Ephraim's randomizer.

Randomizer DL for V3 Link
DOWNLOAD LINK FOR FIX PATCH V0.73
<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28014061/Randomizer%20Shit/Ephraim" href="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28014061/Randomizer%20Shit/Ephraim"s%20fix%20patch%20v0.6.ups"="">Ephraim's Old Fix Patch V0.60, maybe use if the other one doesn't suit your fancy?

Items required:
-FE7 rom (Find that yourself)
-Randomizer from above link
-Nintenlord's Event Assembler
- (Optional) My "Fix Patch" from above.

What does this randomizer do? Simple! It randomizes character classes and their inventories based on an algorithm. There are some bugs, and feel free to report anything weird directly related to this specific randomizer in this topic. This randomizer currently only works for FE7, not FE6 or FE8.

[spoiler=Screenshots]
7Jnpi.png7JnrV.png7JnsK.png
7Jnu2.png7JnuZ.png7JnCG.png

7JnDr.png7JnEl.png7JnEJ.png

To use it, download the randomizer from the link above, extract it, and you'll get a folder with two files, one that says FE7Randomizer.exe, and one that says Completesave.sav.

Double click the randomizer to run it. A dialogue will pop up that asks you to type the name of the "Output file". You can name this anything, I like to name mine "Random 1", "Random 2", etc. After typing in a name, press enter and it will ask you if you wish to alter Eliwood and Hector's class. The reason for this choice was because before I made my fix patch, Eliwood and Hector had abysmal stats as any class other than their default Lord classes. However, the fix patch changes that, so you can press Y or N based on whether you want them as lords or not.

After you've done that for both characters... you're done! Now open event assembler, choose the outputted text file that the randomizer spit out (It'll be named whatever you named it), open your (U) FE7 rom, and press assemble. Viola, you're done!

However, you can also apply my Fix Patch with a patcher, preferably NUPS as it's the superior patching system. I really don't recommend the IPS file, ever.

So what does the Fix patch do?

[spoiler=All this stuff mostly]Characters:
-Fix characters with negative stats
-Remove all custom animations from characters
-Remove all assigned WLVL's so nothing gets fucked up like str + magic units.
-Buff weak characters. Eliwood/Hector come to mind.
-Since pre-promotes are autoleveled, lower their bases.
-Louise, Pent, Hawkeye, others later based on beta tester reports (That means you guys!)
-Fix characters with negative stats. Serra and Erk come to mind with DEF/RES stats.
-Removed Triangle attack from Fiora, Farina, and Florina.
-Make Nergal drop his tome on defeat. Only Dark Druids can wield it. (They only promote from Male Druid) (Not implemented yet)
-The dragon will have tougher stats, though not to Chaos Mode levels. (Not implemented yet)

Classes:
-Add female classes. Druid, Myrm, Cavalier esp.
-Add promotions and promotion bonuses for female classes. Adjust bases as needed.
-Add a male priest.(Not implemented yet)
-Soldiers promote to cavalier now. Think of them as T0's. You get 59 max levels of growths, and they can be your best units!
-Renamed Female Mercenary to Sellsword.
-Changed assassins to have steal and thief-key abilities. Gave them +1 movement too.
-Wyverns and Wyvern Lords have -1 movement now.
-Shamans and Druids have -1 movement now. They have good stats though and obvs only class with access to dark magic.
-Buff weak classes. Soldier, monk, cleric, troubadour come to mind.
-Nerfed Hector/Eliwood's base class.
-Make triangle attack just a skill for pegasi. If you have more than three pegasi, you'll be able to use it then.
-Make T2 lords have S ranks in both weapons on promotion.
-Dark druids lose Light magic. Archsages lose Dark magic. Ubersages can use all three magics at S rank but can't use Forblaze or Erishkigal.

Weapons:
-Give prf weapons more uses, max 60? (Cam's randomizer will change this anyway) (Not implemented yet)
-Make all S rank weapons effective against the Dragon. This includes the Lord weapons and Erishkigal and Forblaze. (Not implemented yet)
-Changed crit on Luna to 0. Lowered hitrate to 80. Lowered uses to 30 (From 35).
-Changed Flux to E rank.
-Changed Nosferatu to D rank.
-Changed Short Bow to 1 range.

Items:
-Fell contract promotes Sages, Druids, and Bishop to a third tier class. (Aside from the one on Sonia's chapter, you can buy as many as you like on the Limstella chapter in the secret shop)
-Earth Seal promotes ALL classes that are T1, except thieves, pirates, corsairs, and brigands. No, seriously, all of them.
-Ocean Seal promotes thieves, pirates, corsairs, and brigands.
-Knight Crest promotes soldiers now, in addition to the vanilla classes. (Soldiers promote to CavM, they're essentially T1)
-Orion's Bolt is unchanged.
-Hero Crest is unchanged.
-Heaven Seal is unchanged.
-Increased Afa's Drops effect to 15% growth boost. Renamed to Stimulant.

Animations:
-Added Female Shaman
-Added female Druid
-Added female Cavalier
-Added female Myrmidon (Since there isn't a female mercenary, I made this anim apply to that class too :B)

Chapters:
-Ch. 11H, included two droppable keys and change the thief to drop a chest key if killed.

The save file for FE7 is included in the download of the randomizer, you can use it to skip Lyn Mode if desired.

So that's it, enjoy your randomized FE7 runs! Please do NOT use this topic to post LP's of your games. This topic is for questions and bug reporting only, as well as words of praise for Ephraim and his endeavours.

[spoiler=Known bugs]
Marcus and Eliwood are known to have very similar classes. (Like pegasus knight and falcoknight)
The randomizer does not stratify randomization first, so you can get 12 of the same class in a single run. We're hoping to fix that in the future.
Female shaman and maybe also the female druid have glitched animations. Works fine though so whatever.

Credits:
Ephraim225, main coder.
Myself, ideas and concepts.
Nintenlord, his tool makes all this doable.
Betatesters for catching bugs along the way.
Various people for the feditor animations in the fix patch, though I ripped most of them from FE6/8 myself.

Edited by Klokinator

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He made one? I didn't know it existed. I can add it for the next update.

Edit: Ah, that one. I don't like it. I might use the Beta Eirika edit though, it more closely matches the map sprite.

Edited by Klok

do soldiers take a knight's crest to promote to cavalier still? 15% boost on the afa's drops seems pretty insane but its a just for fun hack anyway so it's no big deal.

anyway I love the idea in general, glad its out.

fem shaman animation is glitched when it attacks.

also

"-Remove all assigned WLVL's so nothing gets fucked up like str + magic units."

i don't think that happened as hector and dorcas as cavilers still have axe rank and nomad eliwood still has sword rank.

i don't think that happened as hector and dorcas as cavilers still have axe rank and nomad eliwood still has sword rank.

01270aae3dc34646bd911f02ab920b53.png

it's worked for me, Lynlord Hector can't use Iron axes. Can't confirm for Eliwood since he's a merc.

fem shaman animation is glitched when it attacks.

Yeah, I'll add this to known bugs cuz I've known about it since months ago. It's no fault of mine, it just has to do with the cape glitch for magic units. No idea how to fix it currently.

/romhacking lol

Edited by Klok

the fix patch links are dead it seems.

I can't seem to get either of the patches, they are dead

Edited by MP2E

Out of curiosity, how are you determining the stats of the lord classes? I haven't had a Hector Lord yet, but my Eliwood Lords have had insane base hp and speed.

for reference, Fiora

223f3708044b05e8c28da2d8b1d4989e.png

thats like, +10 hp and + 6 speed on her normally, which seems a little silly.

edit: it said in the op that you nerfed their classes? I haven't got a Hector lord yet, but my two Eliwood Lords have both been insane.

Also Legault's Sword rank has been reduced to E, meaning he can't use the steel sword he has equipped.

Edited by General Horace

Lord classes are borked because Eliwood's, Hector's and Lyn's personal bases are 0 and their class bases are whatever they appear as in-game while everyone else's bases are between like, 1-4.

Oh hey a new thread! I suppose I should post a newer version!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69192380/FE7Randomizer.zip

This update:

- Fixes a couple mistakes with specific inventories

- Has better randomization. Eliwood and Marcus don't get the same classes anymore.

- Allows you to view the numbers generated for the first few characters by typing "the SECRET WORD" when the program asks you to. This is just in case we notice another pattern like before.

Made some more progress, it says you nerfed prepremotes in general in the OP, (Pent, Louise and Hawkeye were mentioned, but it kind if mentioned all prepremotes sooo) but Hawkeye and even Isadora seem really strong. NPC Pent showed up as a Sage with worse stats than Vanilla, but Isadora's strength is insane for a SM and Hawkeye is more or less Harken 5 chapters earlier,...

EDIT: actually looking at it Isadora is pretty much Karel 5 chapters earlier too. The irony.

99c2e428f3a640ac8470db57e93f9070.png427860e23fd9d089d72f179d9bb44ca0.png

oh also Farina spawned here, she's unrecruitable if her and hector can't water walk

e39371e2db0a925ba6e477cd03af7681.png

EDIT EDIT

so pent showed up as a Sage in the desert with worse stats than normal, then he showed up in chapter 26 as a paladin who looks like this...

also louise

3a51c55580d7749c04526479501f4a6e.png2c7277ead24b9b11dc5912017406e128.png

so whatever you did to nerf the prepremotes doens't seemed to have worked, athough I didn't play the previous patch, and they might have been even more ridiculous..

Edited by General Horace

Hi, i have tried it in ENM, and it was pretty fun, so i will give some feedback. I applied the patch, and then randomized the characters.

- Prepromotes are broken. Same goes for some other characters who are not promoted (fiora is a good example of a broken unpromoted unit). Pent and Louise are basically the best characters in the game.

- If the main lord is promoted in chapter 27, it goes back to his T1 class (i guess it has already been reported)

-Some chapters have FoW but shouldn't (15 and 16x ENM), while 26 doesn't whilE it should have. That was probably intentional, but it wasn't writtent anywhere.

- You might consider making soldiers promote to paladin. In my game, Lyn was a soldier, she was a monster as a lvl 18/1 soldier/cavalier.

- Some animations don't work, but i don't really know why because it's not supposed to be changed (Jeime's animation makes the game freeze and short spear doesn't work). Also, Isadora as a pegasus has her anmation as a paladin/hawkeye doesn't have any.

- In chapter 26, jaffar will try to steal everything he can steal (not gamebreaking, but can be seriously anoying when he goes in a big pack of ennemies on his own only to steal a door key)

- Some characters don't have the good ranks/weapons (such as Renault or Vaida. I'm not sure if it is limited to them.)

- Generals in arena don't have any animation. The fight lasts one round.

Here is a file with savestates from chapters 22x to final 2 at the beginning of each chapter, and just before some bugs, in ENM, with the patch and randomized characters (the file name of chapter 24 is wrong, i added (jeime, but jeime is in the chapter 25), with Lloyd and jeime routes. I don't know if that will help you, but it's better than nothing. I might play it again in HNM/HHM, if you want savestates in other modes;

Please continue taking screenshots of the later chapters, those are very helpful. Also I did not nerf any pre-promotes or lategame characters yet because I haven't played that far. I need screenshots to see the areas they have to be nerfed in and these are helpful:

Made some more progress, it says you nerfed prepremotes in general in the OP, (Pent, Louise and Hawkeye were mentioned, but it kind if mentioned all prepremotes sooo) but Hawkeye and even Isadora seem really strong. NPC Pent showed up as a Sage with worse stats than Vanilla, but Isadora's strength is insane for a SM and Hawkeye is more or less Harken 5 chapters earlier,...

EDIT: actually looking at it Isadora is pretty much Karel 5 chapters earlier too. The irony.

oh also Farina spawned here, she's unrecruitable if her and hector can't water walk

EDIT EDIT

so pent showed up as a Sage in the desert with worse stats than normal, then he showed up in chapter 26 as a paladin who looks like this...

also louise

so whatever you did to nerf the prepremotes doens't seemed to have worked, athough I didn't play the previous patch, and they might have been even more ridiculous..

This is exactly what I needed, I'll start nerfing them now. Thanks!

Hi, i have tried it in ENM, and it was pretty fun, so i will give some feedback. I applied the patch, and then randomized the characters.

- Prepromotes are broken. Same goes for some other characters who are not promoted (fiora is a good example of a broken unpromoted unit). Pent and Louise are basically the best characters in the game.

- If the main lord is promoted in chapter 27, it goes back to his T1 class (i guess it has already been reported)

-Some chapters have FoW but shouldn't (15 and 16x ENM), while 26 doesn't whilE it should have. That was probably intentional, but it wasn't writtent anywhere.

- You might consider making soldiers promote to paladin. In my game, Lyn was a soldier, she was a monster as a lvl 18/1 soldier/cavalier.

- Some animations don't work, but i don't really know why because it's not supposed to be changed (Jeime's animation makes the game freeze and short spear doesn't work). Also, Isadora as a pegasus has her anmation as a paladin/hawkeye doesn't have any.

- In chapter 26, jaffar will try to steal everything he can steal (not gamebreaking, but can be seriously anoying when he goes in a big pack of ennemies on his own only to steal a door key)

- Some characters don't have the good ranks/weapons (such as Renault or Vaida. I'm not sure if it is limited to them.)

Here is a file with savestates from chapters 22x to final 2 at the beginning of each chapter, and just before some bugs, in ENM, with the patch and randomized characters (the file name of chapter 24 is wrong, i added (jeime, but jeime is in the chapter 25), with Lloyd and jeime routes. I don't know if that will help you, but it's better than nothing. I might play it again in HNM/HHM, if you want savestates in other modes;

Thanks for those save files! Those will be extremely helpful :) Also now that I can see pent/louise's stats I can nerf them as well.

The problem becomes that soldiers are really just inferior cavaliers. They don't have particularly good base stats at all, and promoting to the same class as a cavalier means the cav has another weapon type already, better movement, and canto, as well as better stats. It doesn't add up.

Of course, promoting to halberdier or dragoon is more ideal but that'll take time to import.

Edited by Klok

Going off of these two:

- Nomad troopers attacking with a short bow freezes the game (Uhai, specifically. State). I think I've only seen generals lose their animation when attacking with a lance.

- Legault appears with an E-rank in swords, and Vaida (when she appears as a boss) has something like C/E for her weapon levels

Fiora and Lucius also tend to have fairly high stats for their levels, compared to other units that join around the same time in ENM.

Edit: A bit farther into the game now, and it looks like promoting a female shaman lowers her con...

Edited by Alg

I'd honestly say that Lucius is normal, since his str/mag and speed bases in vanilla fe7 are pretty insane for his level.

Fiora looks too strong though, she was really good in my game too.

and yeah confirming that Vaida can't use her spear in the chapter she's a boss in. at least this makes shopping easier

Also amusingly enough Jaffar runs around stealing in chapter 28 instead of fighting enemies when possible

Edited by General Horace

Yesssss priest!

Would you think about adding sword Pegasi? And did you add female nomads?

No toboth of the latter. Probably won't add priest after all, map sprites are too much data and work.

Out of curiosity, how are you determining the stats of the lord classes? I haven't had a Hector Lord yet, but my Eliwood Lords have had insane base hp and speed.

for reference, Fiora

223f3708044b05e8c28da2d8b1d4989e.png

thats like, +10 hp and + 6 speed on her normally, which seems a little silly.

edit: it said in the op that you nerfed their classes? I haven't got a Hector lord yet, but my two Eliwood Lords have both been insane.

Also Legault's Sword rank has been reduced to E, meaning he can't use the steel sword he has equipped.

I apparently didn't nerf the EliLord and LynLord SPD/SKL stats, did so just now and made them more relative to their archetypes. (Mercenary for Eliwood and Myrm for Lyn)

EDIT EDIT

also louise

I just nerfed all of them majorly in the upcoming patch, will want feedback on that when I'm done. Fixing the Farina/Fiora glitches too when I get to it.

Not sure how to fix the main lord promotion glitch. Just don't promote them, or enjoy having a ridiculously broken 4 tier lord XD

I think the FoW glitch is on Ephraim's end, not mine. Unless someone said it was, I'll have to doublecheck sometime.

I'll either nerf Soldier base stats more or make them promote to ... something good. Not sure what. Probably gonna stick with M!Cav for now though.

Make sure you're applying the patch, THEN randomizing. There's no reason Isadora and Hawkeye's anims should be broken, it's fixed on my end. (Maybe not in the shitty old version patch in this thread though?)

I would love savestates in many modes as possible.

Going off of these two:

- Nomad troopers attacking with a short bow freezes the game (Uhai, specifically. State). I think I've only seen generals lose their animation when attacking with a lance.

- Legault appears with an E-rank in swords, and Vaida (when she appears as a boss) has something like C/E for her weapon levels

Fiora and Lucius also tend to have fairly high stats for their levels, compared to other units that join around the same time in ENM.

Edit: A bit farther into the game now, and it looks like promoting a female shaman lowers her con...

Not sure what's going on with the nomads and shortbows, can't replicate it. It may be fixed in the new patch version though, I reinserted anims to make sure everything worked.

Legault shouldn't be having that issue. Apply the patch first, then randomize. This may be a fault of Ephraim's randomizer, not sure.

Nerfed Fiora and all prepromotes noticably. Might have to do the same thing for Heath and Rath, respectively.

Fixed the female shaman and druid con glitch. That was my bad.

This will all be in Fix Patch V0.72, whenever I release it.