Ephraim and Klok's FE7 Randomizer

Klokinator

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fix patch must have edited the shaman and druid's movement down a point. I likely raised their bases to compensate?

Probably not by too much, if you did.

• 4 weeks later...

I am trying to use this for the first time and I am really struggling to get it to work. I am following all the steps but it does not seem to be randomizing anything. I also tried to patch my rom with NUPS but the program aborted. I have no idea what I could be doing wrong.

When I try to patch the rom with NUPS it gives me back the error "The patch doesn't match the file". Even without the fix patch, when I try to apply the text file output from the randomizer to the rom, it doesn't seem to be randomizing. Lyn, Sain, and Kent were all the same class.

Would this be more appropriate for private message?

Edited by Sechresse

Yes. I have a fire emblem 7 (U) rom. I was able to generate one change, though I am not sure if it resulted from forcing the fix patch through or from the randomizer. But lyn had only 2 base attack and it was impossible to clear the tutorial level to check for any other effects.

EDIT: I can confirm that lyn's stats changed due to the fix patch and not the randomizer. The randomizer still seems to have no effect.

EDIT: Fixed it. It was an oversight on my part with the save file. Thanks for dealing with me ;-;

Edited by Sechresse

Well, to say "made by"... kind of a stretch. I mean sure, I told Ephraim "Hey I wish we had a pokemon-like randomizer for fire emblem" and he said "interesting idea" and then after we discussed implementation, he coded everything. That was really the extent of my involvement. I had more direct designing impact with cam, as I had to rip all the player joining offsets. Aside from that, I had only minimal influence on the design, other than saying that some better implementations might be desirable.

i'm going to parrot that and say that the version of the randomizer hosted on my dropbox and my github (which is the one linked to in my thread) contains zero code that isn't mine

the only stuff there that i didn't do myself was calculating all of the offsets (which was done by klok)

Hey, I just finished my first playthrough of this randomizer. It was awesome. One question. Is it actually possible to get Jaffar? His health was rediculously low and he had a lot of nerfed stats so he continuously died before I could even reach him. (Maxime can easily on-hit him). Since you can't get Jaffar, you can;t get the side quest with Sonia. Is there a way around this? I have patch V0.73.

Hmm. Well, I'll tell you right now there were a lot of things I never finished with the randomizer, and general game balance is one of them. Cam is working on V2.0 so when that happens, I'll redo my entire fix patch. If you want, just give him like +5 or +10 hp or something in his character page, that should fix any issues.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure what you meant by "outputted text". After naming the file, selecting 'yes' to change Hector and Eliwood's classes, I open the event assembler to see nothing named 'Random Test' (what I named the file). Help? :Ilyana:

Edited by Dispelle

• 4 weeks later...

It's my first time using a Randomizer, so I wanted to randomize Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones, I used the FE8 Template text file with the Event Assembler, but when I click Assemble I get this:

Image_1.jpg

¿Am I doing something wrong? It's my first time randomizing and I want to try this out, I appreciate the help :Gilliam:

It's my first time using a Randomizer, so I wanted to randomize Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones, I used the FE8 Template text file with the Event Assembler, but when I click Assemble I get this:

Image_1.jpg

¿Am I doing something wrong? It's my first time randomizing and I want to try this out, I appreciate the help :Gilliam:

..It's incapable of randomizing FE8. Cam's randomizer can do that, but not as good as with FE7 though

Just go use this randomizer http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=46886Sure you might have to take 5 or so mins to install python, but it's easier to use through the provided script.txt that you can modify n stuff. Also it can randomize FE8 and you won't get errors unless you do something to mess up the actual program like I have done several times when trying to find out why the hell stat boosters are given to characters thru the randomizer.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the randomizer with the fix patch, and for some reason all of my units seem to be keeping their original weapon classes along with their new ones - Eliwood uses swords and dark magic as a shaman, nomad!Dorkas has axes as well as bows, etc.

I mean, I know I can just choose not to use the weapons they shouldn't have, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

...Also, bandits and fighters seem to be wielding all of their axes with the handaxe animations...

Also, I got Serra as a Myrmidon, but it shows her stats with magic instead of strength and the magic weapon levels instead of physical. And she also only uses the ranged sword animation...

Edited by The Magus