serenesforest.net.

If you don't want to deal with the client, drag the included script

("script.txt") onto run.py to automatically randomize classes and items for

a file named "fe7.gba". Keep in mind that this file must be in the same

folder as "run.py"

VERSION CHANGELOG

2014.07.08 - ver 0.4 released. Finally ported to python 3.x! Enabled FE8

unit randomization. Added "load" feature to reload randomized data from

a previous session. Various modularity fixes.

2014.04.25 - ver 0.3 released. Ability to randomize FE6/FE8 item stats

included. Optimizations for data loading overhead reduced (somewhat).

Added code to scan the name of any loaded file and detect "fe6", "fe7" or

"fe8" and set the game mode appropriately.

2014.04.02 - ver 0.2 released. Included functionality to dump randomized

data into human-readable text files. Implemented "nhl" flag for unit

randomization which prevents Lyn, Hector and Eliwood from being class-changed

to units classified as "healers". Fixed a bug where inventories would be

incorrectly rerolled for units appearing in both Lyn and Eliwood/Hector Mode

campaigns.

2014.03.26 - ver 0.1b (bugfix) released. Fixed a bug that would prevent

base weapon ranks in Dark magic from being loaded.

2014.03.25a - ver 0.1a (bugfix, tweaking) released. Fixed a bug that would

cause crashes in the main client window. Added special-casing to handle

items such as Eliwood's Rapier and Lyn's Mani Katti. Added special-casing

to add aforementioned items into the inventory randomization reel if usable.

2014.03.25 - ver 0.1 released, basic functionality (units and item

randomization) implemented, basic UI included.

**Coming Soon**

MASTER TODO LIST FOR VER 1.0

# - Tidy up the entire job randomization so to reduce time spent

# randomizing enemies.

# - Add support for dumping/reloading randomized information

# - Work on the client system in general

# - Collect data for FE6/8 unit/weapon randomization

# - Add more customizeable parameters for weapon stat randomization

#

# FUTURE PLANS

# - Integrate Klok's master palette list to assign workable palettes

# - Alternatively, we can just reorder the palette data for the

# various unworkable classes so to handle it automatically...?

# - Option 3 is to make some other process that loads palettes from

# a hex dump and writes them into the correct place in ROM data?

# - tbh those are probably too ambitious and not really worth it

# - Write code to handle randomizing chest/village rewards

# - Who knows?

Included functionality: Item and class randomization for FE7, item randomization for FE6 and FE8

doc.

The main application body is "run.py", or you can just put your ROM in the same folder as that file, then drag "script.txt" onto "run.py".

Instructions for the commands are in the zip, COMMANDS.txt

Edited by CT075

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is for Camtech and I's randomizer. Check out Ephraim225's randomizer too, it's pretty fun as well and has less bugs, though it is less fully featured.

Items required to run this program:
-FE7 rom (Find that yourself) (ALSO it now supports FE8 roms!)
-Randomizer from above link in cam's post.
-Download Python version 3.x, where 'x' is any version in the 3.0+ region, but not exceeding 4.0.
- (Optional/Required if you use the weapon randomization feature) My Fix Patch for this specific program.

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR FE7 FIX PATCH V0.73

For FE8 users:

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR FE8 FIX PATCH V1.00 (Kobazco)

This randomizer randomizes not only character classes and their inventories, but it also can randomize weapon stats if desired.

[spoiler=Screenshots]
7JtGy.png7Jtn2.png7JtIa.png
7JtIV.png7JtJt.png7JtJZ.png

In order to use Camtech's randomizer, first download and install Python 2.7.6 from the link above. (Newer versions will work as long as they're in the 2.x series)
Next, download the randomizer and extract all the files into a directory. You should end up with a Release folder and a bunch of files inside that folder which look like this: http://puu.sh/7Jt0f.png (Rom not included get your own)
You can either run the Run.py if you have python installed, or drag the Script.txt onto Run.py and it will auto-edit your rom for you. (This method is faster and more foolproof) Please note your rom must be named fe7.gba for the second method to work and must be in your folder as pictured here.
You may want to not randomize weapons or classes, and if so go into your Script.txt folder and you'll see this:

game fe7
open fe7.gba
r items
r units
close

Simply remove "r items" to not randomize item stats, or remove "r units" to remove randomized character classes!

And after that... you're done! Just play your rom and enjoy :)

However, you can also apply my Fix Patch with a patcher, preferably NUPS as it's the superior patching system.

To apply the fix patch, patch by using NUPS, then run the randomizer on your patched rom. DO NOT RANDOMIZE AND THEN APPLY THE PATCH. APPLY THE PATCH, THEN RANDOMIZE.

So what does the Fix patch do?

[spoiler=All this stuff mostly]
Characters:
-Fix characters with negative stats
-Remove all custom animations from characters
-Remove all assigned WLVL's so nothing gets fucked up like str + magic units.
-Buff weak characters. Eliwood/Hector come to mind.
-Since pre-promotes are autoleveled, lower their bases.
-Louise, Pent, Hawkeye, Marcus, ???
-Fix characters with negative stats. Serra and Erk come to mind with DEF stats.
-Removed Triangle attack from Fiora, Farina, and Florina.
-Make Nergal drop his tome on defeat. Only Dark Druids can wield it. (They only promote from Male Druid)
-The dragon will have tougher stats, though not to Chaos Mode levels.

Classes:
-Add female classes. Druid, Myrm, Cavalier esp.
-Add promotions and promotion bonuses for female classes. Adjust bases as needed.
-Add a male priest. (Maybe, might be too much trouble)
-Soldiers promote to cavalier now. Think of them as T0's. You get 59 max levels of growths, and they can be your best units!
-Renamed Female Mercenary to Sellsword.
-Changed assassins to have steal and thief-key abilities. Gave them +1 movement too.
-Wyverns and Wyvern Lords have -1 movement now.
-Shamans and Druids have -1 movement now. They have good stats though and obvs only class with access to dark magic. (Fixed the animation for Female shaman, btw.)
-Corsair now uses the FE10 Fighter animation.
-Buff weak classes. Soldier, monk, cleric, troubadour come to mind.
-Nerfed Hector/Eliwood's base class.
-Make triangle attack just a skill for pegasi. If you have more than three pegasi, you'll be able to use it then.
-Make T2 lords have S ranks in both weapons on promotion.
-Dark druids lose Light magic. Archsages lose Dark magic. Ubersages can use all three magics at S rank but can't use Forblaze or Erishkigal.

Weapons: (Note that nearly all of these will be undone with Cam's random weapon stats tool)
-Give prf weapons more uses, max 60? (Cam's randomizer will change this anyway)
-Make all S rank weapons effective against the Dragon. This includes the Lord weapons and Erishkigal and Forblaze.
-Changed crit on Luna to 0. Lowered hitrate to 80. Lowered uses to 30 (From 35).
-Changed Flux to E rank.
-Changed Nosferatu to D rank.
-Changed Short Bow to 1 range.
-Changed hand axe and javelin to D rank. They were E rank before, is that vanilla? Lame.
-Altered all the Emblem weapons so they aren't just clones of their iron variants. Still E rank though.

Items:
-Fell contract promotes Sages, Druids, and Bishop to a third tier class. (Aside from the one on Hector Mode, you can buy as many as you like on the Limstella chapter in the secret shop)
-Earth Seal promotes ALL classes that are T1, except thieves, pirates, corsairs, and brigands. No, seriously, all of them.
-Ocean Seal promotes thieves, pirates, corsairs, and brigands.
-Knight Crest promotes soldiers now, in addition to the vanilla classes. (Soldiers promote to CavM, they're essentially T1)
-Orion's Bolt is unchanged.
-Hero Crest is unchanged.
-Heaven Seal is unchanged.
-Increased Afa's Drops effect to 15% growth boost. Renamed to Stimulant.

Animations:
-Added Female Shaman (Fixed the animation too! 3/25/14)
-Added female Druid
-Added female Cavalier
-Added female Myrmidon (Since there isn't a female mercenary, I made this anim apply to that class too :B)
-Added FE10 Fighter animation, assigned it to Corsair only

Chapters:
-Ch. 11H, include two droppable keys and change the thief to drop a chest key if killed.
-Ch. 11E, changed the inventories of Marcus, Eliwood, Rebecca, and Lowen so they'd get more interesting inventories when randomizing classes.

The save file for FE7 is included in the download of the randomizer, you can use it to skip Lyn Mode if desired.

So that's it, enjoy your randomized FE7 runs! Please do NOT use this topic to post LP's of your games. This topic is for questions and bug reporting only, as well as words of praise for Camtech/Myself (I did a lot of fucking work for this particular randomizer XD) and our endeavours.

[spoiler=Known bugs]
The randomizer does not stratify randomization first, so you can get 12 of the same class in a single run. We're hoping to fix that in the future.
Character inventories might not always be correct. Please report these when they appear.
Female shaman and maybe also the female druid have glitched animations. Works fine though so whatever.

Credits:
Camtech, main coder.
Myself, ideas and concepts.
Various people for the feditor animations in the fix patch, though I ripped most of them from FE6/8 myself.

Planned Future Features:

Cam and I's randomizer is planned to support: (Different features at different release versions, not all of these or even a majority in the first version)

Random Character Classes Mostly DONE! (Needs tweaks)
Random Boss Classes
Random or Set Weapons for those reclasses (Based on type, or rank, or just whatever's usable for that class)
Random or Set algorithms for those classes (Like stratified classing, where every character gets a unique class, and then leftover characters get random extra classes, or a reclassing where a certain "quota" of classes are distributed first (Like 3 pegasi and two thieves, for example) and then the rest of the characters get the rest of the classes, etc)
Random Chests
Random Village items
Random Shops/Armories/Secret shops, based on tier list or value of items in shop originally
Randomized USABLE Palettes (So no more garbage palettes, only good palettes that look amazing, proof here.)
Randomized Weapon stats (It randomizes MT, HIT, CRIT, WT, and Range currently) Mostly DONE! (Needs a lot of tweaking but it works! Also needs to balance the stats better.)

It may in future releases support extraneous things, like the ability to set classes and starting items manually, then have the randomizer edit all that shit for you. Seriously, it takes me about 3-5 months to finish a reclass like chaos mode fully, wouldn't it be nice to get all that shit done and hacked in a single DAY? So yeah, this randomizer's the shit, lol.

Edited by Klokinator

Cam, found a bunch of bugs (Lol job corps internet atm, no Skype)

Hector always has a wolf beil, regardless of class. (Change this to a ranged weapon like handaxe/javelin/light brand/thunder/flux/shine.)

Matthew always has a lockpick regardless of class. (Swap this for a vulnerary if he doesn't become a thief)

Shaman M/F both don't start with flux or any other items.

Marcus as Druid starts with two mend staves now instead of mend+heal. XD

...I seem to get a lot of devil axes... lol.

For anyone else encountering these problems, the fix patch does add in shops on chapters 11-13 that have lots of purchasable items. You can buy needed tomes and whatnot there, until we fix these issues.

Edited by Klok

STEALTH UPDATE

2014.03.25a - ver 0.1a (bugfix, tweaking) released. Fixed a bug that would

cause crashes in the main client window. Added special-casing to handle

items such as Eliwood's Rapier and Lyn's Mani Katti. Added special-casing

to add aforementioned items into the inventory randomization reel if usable.

Edited by CT075

STEALTH UPDATE

Last update worked great, now it crashes before it writes the ROM with

>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "run.py", line 288, in <module>
    main(sys.argv)
  File "run.py", line 282, in main
    processCmd(state, input)
  File "run.py", line 270, in processCmd
    execCmd(state, command, *args)
  File "/home/cray/Fire Emblem/random/cli.py", line 123, in execCmd
    return COMMANDS[cmd](state, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/cray/Fire Emblem/random/cli.py", line 20, in __call__
    return self._func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/cray/Fire Emblem/random/cli.py", line 20, in __call__
    return self._func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "run.py", line 134, in randomize
    state.unitdata = util.randomizeJobs(rom, ver, **opts)
  File "/home/cray/Fire Emblem/random/util.py", line 79, in randomizeJobs
    inv[index] = chooseItem(ver, rom, rank, job)
  File "/home/cray/Fire Emblem/random/util.py", line 90, in chooseItem
    itemlist.append(0xA)
AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'append'
Edited by MP2E

are you fucking serious i swear i JUST fixed that

should be fixed now (if it's not i'm reverting it because i'm too tired to deal with this)

Edited by CT075

are you fucking serious i swear i JUST fixed that

should be fixed now (if it's not i'm reverting it because i'm too tired to deal with this)

Yep that fixed it!

Did you also fix shamans not having weapons?

Edit: For everyone else, new fix patch is up.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28014061/Randomizer%20Shit/Fix%20Patch%20V0.68.ups
This is an update over the previous one. I'll add it to my main post.

[spoiler=Details of this fix patch]
Characters:
-Fix characters with negative stats
-Remove all custom animations from characters
-Remove all assigned WLVL's so nothing gets fucked up like str + magic units.
-Buff weak characters. Eliwood/Hector come to mind.
-Since pre-promotes are autoleveled, lower their bases.
-Louise, Pent, Hawkeye, Marcus, ???
-Fix characters with negative stats. Serra and Erk come to mind with DEF stats.
-Removed Triangle attack from Fiora, Farina, and Florina.
-Make Nergal drop his tome on defeat. Only Dark Druids can wield it. (They only promote from Male Druid)
-The dragon will have tougher stats, though not to Chaos Mode levels.

Classes:
-Add female classes. Druid, Myrm, Cavalier esp.
-Add promotions and promotion bonuses for female classes. Adjust bases as needed.
-Add a male priest. (Maybe, might be too much trouble)
-Soldiers promote to cavalier now. Think of them as T0's. You get 59 max levels of growths, and they can be your best units!
-Renamed Female Mercenary to Sellsword.
-Changed assassins to have steal and thief-key abilities. Gave them +1 movement too.
-Wyverns and Wyvern Lords have -1 movement now.
-Shamans and Druids have -1 movement now. They have good stats though and obvs only class with access to dark magic. (Fixed the animation for Female shaman, btw.)
-Corsair now uses the FE10 Fighter animation.
-Buff weak classes. Soldier, monk, cleric, troubadour come to mind.
-Nerfed Hector/Eliwood's base class.
-Make triangle attack just a skill for pegasi. If you have more than three pegasi, you'll be able to use it then.
-Make T2 lords have S ranks in both weapons on promotion.
-Dark druids lose Light magic. Archsages lose Dark magic. Ubersages can use all three magics at S rank but can't use Forblaze or Erishkigal.

Weapons: (Note that nearly all of these will be undone with Cam's random weapon stats tool)
-Give prf weapons more uses, max 60? (Cam's randomizer will change this anyway)
-Make all S rank weapons effective against the Dragon. This includes the Lord weapons and Erishkigal and Forblaze.
-Changed crit on Luna to 0. Lowered hitrate to 80. Lowered uses to 30 (From 35).
-Changed Flux to E rank.
-Changed Nosferatu to D rank.
-Changed Short Bow to 1 range.
-Changed hand axe and javelin to D rank. They were E rank before, is that vanilla? Lame.
-Altered all the Emblem weapons so they aren't just clones of their iron variants. Still E rank though.

Items:
-Fell contract promotes Sages, Druids, and Bishop to a third tier class. (Aside from the one on Hector Mode, you can buy as many as you like on the Limstella chapter in the secret shop)
-Earth Seal promotes ALL classes that are T1, except thieves, pirates, corsairs, and brigands. No, seriously, all of them.
-Ocean Seal promotes thieves, pirates, corsairs, and brigands.
-Knight Crest promotes soldiers now, in addition to the vanilla classes. (Soldiers promote to CavM, they're essentially T1)
-Orion's Bolt is unchanged.
-Hero Crest is unchanged.
-Heaven Seal is unchanged.
-Increased Afa's Drops effect to 15% growth boost. Renamed to Stimulant.

Animations:
-Added Female Shaman (Fixed the animation too! 3/25/14)
-Added female Druid
-Added female Cavalier
-Added female Myrmidon (Since there isn't a female mercenary, I made this anim apply to that class too :B)
-Added FE10 Fighter animation, assigned it to Corsair only

Chapters:
-Ch. 11H, include two droppable keys and change the thief to drop a chest key if killed.
-Ch. 11E, changed the inventories of Marcus, Eliwood, Rebecca, and Lowen so they'd get more interesting inventories when randomizing classes.

Klokinator: http://puu.sh/7KHkS.png
http://puu.sh/7KHll.png
http://puu.sh/7KHlO.png
probably my favorite new fix

[2:44:12 PM] Ephraim225: BETA EIRIKA YEAAAAH

Edited by Klok

I've had some freezes, although I hadn't thought to document the circumstances at the time. I've noticed that axes with changed ranges (such as a 1-2 Steel Axe) will sometimes freeze your battle animation, with the music still playing, or something to that effect, although I've had such an issue with slim swords at 2 range. Sorry that I couldn't be more concise or anything like that; like I said, I'll try to document more specific circumstances when I run into them. (All of the freezes have happened on the original Fix Patch; since installing the latest I haven't had those issues, although that might just be luck)

Also, I've noticed that, while the Chapter 11-13 shops are engineered to offer the basic weapons and tomes, no parallel exists in Lyn mode; the earliest shop (in Chapter 3) only offers the standard Iron Sword and Iron Lance. (Note: Fix Patch 0.68)

Finally, is the Fog of War being moved from Chapter 13x to Chapter 15 intentional? Fog of War at all is a major pain if an Iron weapon has been given 3-10 range, because they will happily gang up on one unit and pummel them to death. (Original Fix Patch, haven't made it that far again on the lastest Fix Patch version)

Edited by Flame Emblem

if you're having trouble with ranged swords/axes you can try the -nobugs or -noaxes flags that work with the "r units" code

To fix the shaman bug, download this and use it to replace the file of the same name in the release folder. It's also included in the release zip.

Edited by CT075

I've had some freezes, although I hadn't thought to document the circumstances at the time. I've noticed that axes with changed ranges (such as a 1-2 Steel Axe) will sometimes freeze your battle animation, with the music still playing, or something to that effect, although I've had such an issue with slim swords at 2 range. Sorry that I couldn't be more concise or anything like that; like I said, I'll try to document more specific circumstances when I run into them. (All of the freezes have happened on the original Fix Patch; since installing the latest I haven't had those issues, although that might just be luck)

Also, I've noticed that, while the Chapter 11-13 shops are engineered to offer the basic weapons and tomes, no parallel exists in Lyn mode; the earliest shop (in Chapter 3) only offers the standard Iron Sword and Iron Lance. (Note: Fix Patch 0.68)

Finally, is the Fog of War being moved from Chapter 13x to Chapter 15 intentional? Fog of War at all is a major pain if an Iron weapon has been given 3-10 range, because they will happily gang up on one unit and pummel them to death. (Original Fix Patch, haven't made it that far again on the lastest Fix Patch version)

1. Haven't touched lyn mode yet, I get way too bored.

2. Doesn't the fix patch fix those axe freezes? Also what specific axes are freezing, what classes are using them, and what ranges are they freezing at?

3. I plan to make all shops have better inventories, not just the starting shops. That's in the future though.

4. Not certain what's going on with the 13x-15 fow. That doesn't happen to me. What mode are you playing on/does it happen on all modes/does it only happen with or without the fix patch, etc?

5. Slim swords might not be set correctly in the fix patch. I'll double check later.

All of the freezes have happened on the original Fix Patch

Do note that the fix patch in Ephraim's topic is not good to use with Cam's randomizer (It's also not the same fix patch), while the patches in Cam's topic will work fine with Ephraim's randomizer. Cam's fix patch fixes weapon ranges by default, and in fact I'm considering just using his fix patch for both topics since it's more exhaustive.

2. Doesn't the fix patch fix those axe freezes? Also what specific axes are freezing, what classes are using them, and what ranges are they freezing at?

Like I said, I hadn't made much note of the specific users at the time; I do remember that only fighters were freezing when using axes for me, and the Steel Axe at 3-10 range and the Iron Axe at either 1-2 or 2-3 range are a couple I do remember.

4. Not certain what's going on with the 13x-15 fow. That doesn't happen to me. What mode are you playing on/does it happen on all modes/does it only happen with or without the fix patch, etc?

Both me and my friend were playing on Eliwood Hard Mode, although we don't know if it happens on all modes. Another one of my friends isn't using the fix patch and says that the Fog of War is still on 13x, although he hasn't made it to 15. None of us had made it to 15 with the latest fix patch yet; I'm the only one who has applied the latest fix patch and I'm doing Lyn Mode for the levels I'll probably need if Fog of War is still there.

Do note that the fix patch in Ephraim's topic is not good to use with Cam's randomizer (It's also not the same fix patch), while the patches in Cam's topic will work fine with Ephraim's randomizer. Cam's fix patch fixes weapon ranges by default, and in fact I'm considering just using his fix patch for both topics since it's more exhaustive.

I believe I was using the patch that came in the release folder; my memory's kind of foggy of war- *shot*.

13x I think has FoW on one of the modes, don't remember which one, maybe even two modes. 14 and 15 shouldn't though. I'll look into it.

If only fighters were freezing, I'll double check their animation data.

Thanks for the reports.

99dd582e186e232206fc4242d2b86181.png

cbb9703af7f6cecb3bb5c54e53f73a49.png

I believe these pictures speak for themselves; if they don't, Nils lacks a Skill stat. The second picture is just there to show his Hit stat and the innate 95 hit on the Iron Axe. This seems like a bug to me, and this topic seems like the best place to put them.

i guess klok will handle the data in the json file?

at any rate i'll work on that negative stat crap gradually (i rushed out the framework code right at the end of my spring break), for now you can have another update

2014.03.26 - ver 0.1b (bugfix) released. Fixed a bug that would prevent

base weapon ranks in Dark magic from being loaded.