CT075

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me an idiot (because I am when it comes to this stuff),but when I attempt to open run.py by just clicking on it inside the folder (Yes, I have python 3.x installed.) it just closes instantly. Am I doing something wrong? I assumed I just needed to do click on run.py to get the window up.

Never mind, I figured out how to use a different randomizer (Epriham 255's I believe.)

This randomizer is way better in my opionon. Opening the rom with in the run file never worked for me either. All you have to do is drag the script.txt file into run and it should work

Call me an idiot (because I am when it comes to this stuff),but when I attempt to open run.py by just clicking on it inside the folder (Yes, I have python 3.x installed.) it just closes instantly. Am I doing something wrong? I assumed I just needed to do click on run.py to get the window up.

if you're on a mac you might have to run it from python 3 manually (go to terminal and go python3 run.py)

Ahh that was it! On macs it seems the command "python" defaults to Python 2 even if I've tried to delete the installed version and use Python 3 instead. Navigating to the folder and using "python3 run.py" and then opening the rom and randomizing via the commands worked. Thanks so much for your help! I can't wait to use the randomizer now!!!

I happened to wander back here, and it turns out this post fixed the issue I was having perfectly!

Od9mTNf.png?1

My Summoners of Renais run is looking very promising.

I happened to wander back here, and it turns out this post fixed the issue I was having perfectly!

Od9mTNf.png?1

My Summoners of Renais run is looking very promising.

Provided he can summon, he's going to end up even more god tier than vanilla!

Are you going to make Eirika a Druid because of Summoner off the bat?

Ahahahahaha, Gilliam can still use Lances and promote to Great Knight XD

Edited by The Dark Armorknight

I *believe* there is a patch that makes hand axes work properly without the workaround used in the fix patch; unfortunately you'd have to (by hand) revert that specific part of the patch then apply the range fix hack yourself

Is there any chance there's some sort of workaround to Legault just leaving as soon as he shows up, since he's not a thief? If not, I'll probably just end up changing someone else into Legault with action replay codes or something. (LOOKING AT YOU, ARCHER KENT)

My I haven't looked at this thread in a while o.o sorry I never finished that list Klok :[ those later chapters are just offsets after offsets but you did warn me it was a pain in the ass x.x atm, mostly for my own personal use and not wanting to look at those ugly sprites from FE7 Randomized classes, I'm making palettes for all playable characters and bosses for all classes [but not un-promoted classes for the pre-promotes]. Been using FE Recolor to do it and I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in probably using them for their own randomizer runs [would have to use BSPalette Assembler with it since it lets you kind of do a copy paste like thing for simple inserting]. If anyone is interested in using them or at least just seeing them I could upload the data files to somewhere for DL. I started on FE8 too a while back but I paused on that and that is a lot more classes x.x Not sure if there is a way to add that kind of stuff to a Randomizer but it's mainly on preference on if people would want to use them anyways [even know I'm not a main helper or even a recent helper anymore XD of the Randomizer]. But I'm glad to see this is still getting posted on and that, if I read correctly, Cam is working on optimizing it.

Does the randomizer work with Lyn's tale with some obvious fixes to prevent the game from ending up unwinnable (like Lyn ending up as a Cleric/Troubador)?

If I remember correctly, been a while since I played my Random Reclass, it works BUT I don't think the classes carry over when you go into Eliwood/Hector mode but their starting weapons relate to their Lyn Mode classes so some people couldn't use their equipped weapons when I got to the Lyn recruit chapter. I also got unfortunate with my Lyn Mode class as a Peg Knight ... yeah Spears vs. Axes and Lyn wasn't doubling. I died ...... HARD! :[

But that is enough from me, If anything I can do to help the randomizer just let me know and I'll try to get back into the swing of helping :]

my current plans for the randomizer are a simple point-and-click script - put your ROM in the folder, name it something (i haven't decided), click, and you go

i haven't decided how exactly i intend to release the interface (for that matter i haven't seriously started working yet... oops?), but rest assured the operation of this one will be far simpler. it'll probably also have a progress bar so it doesn't just look like it's frozen on you.

Personally, I'm also hoping for easier custom implementations, like assigning tags such as "lords" so you can group classes together. For example, you could make a "Mages+Shamans" run that only draws from those classes, or a "Stave" run that only draws from staff users, etc. Add to that a more user friendly system for determining what units to randomize (Maybe reading directly from the event data and grabbing UNIT entries?) and maybe we can have easier enemy randomization.

my current plans for the randomizer are a simple point-and-click script - put your ROM in the folder, name it something (i haven't decided), click, and you goi haven't decided how exactly i intend to release the interface (for that matter i haven't seriously started working yet... oops?), but rest assured the operation of this one will be far simpler. it'll probably also have a progress bar so it doesn't just look like it's frozen on you.

Question, are you planning on further imprimperoving the Randomizer itself Or just giving it the simple interface?

Personally, I'm also hoping for easier custom implementations, like assigning tags such as "lords" so you can group classes together. For example, you could make a "Mages+Shamans" run that only draws from those classes, or a "Stave" run that only draws from staff users, etc. Add to that a more user friendly system for determining what units to randomize (Maybe reading directly from the event data and grabbing UNIT entries?) and maybe we can have easier enemy randomization.

and kind of drawing from the up above if Cam doesn't plan on improving it maybe the one that was talked about earlier could do that. If he is, let me know of anything I can do to help [if more offsets I'll slow down on them at the later stages so I don't burn out on them]

i'm starting from scratch, so hopefully i won't be knee deep in all of the shitty design i was dealing with when working on the first one

wrt filters, i have a system in mind that should be more intuitive and easier to customize