CT075

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww :(

I'm sick of units who use magic in vanilla reclassed into sword units waggling their magical swords of death to kill people

Yeah my fix patch had the following:

Monster Classes included in randomization

Monster/Female classes had promotion gains

Weapon level fix for all characters

A way to promote monsters

Fixed the Legendary tome glitch where mages would almost always get the S rank dark tome

And a way to buy all of the monster weapons

I think that was all of it

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uzvi3pgjwfevfp9/Fire+Emblem+7+Recolors.zip

Here are all the recolors I have so far if anyone would like to look at them, you need FERecolor to look at these files. I put the Sprite image I used and the data file that goes with it in there

Edit: The colors I used are the colors from the portrait not the colors IS used for their in game sprites

Edited by RisinDevil

• 1 month later...

Is there anyway to fix the Weapon Level stuff between magic users turning into melee users? I've tried putting classes through nightmare and it hasn't worked

If I remember correctly you have to run the character thru nightmare not the classes. So you have to change the first instance of each character that has a problem meaning even they join you

Alright every time I try this I randomize the rom then I open nightmare open the fe8 modules and I get this. \\

https://www.dropbox.com/s/giq8nyvpr5h00gm/Screenshot%202015-03-22%2017.51.22.png?dl=0

No changes at all any suggestions?

That moment when no1 uses the fixe patches i made.

This patch should make everyone have default weapon levels depending on what class/items they were given. http://www.mediafire.com/download/mxtir88fdy0pavv/Weapon+level+fix.ips

^I'll add your FE8 Fix Patch to my OP post.

Thanks klok. Hopefully I'll get around to completing my entire fix patch with promotion gains for every class and monster classes ect. I would've had it done along time ago but my laptop factory reset and I never uploaded it.

• 3 weeks later...

This isn't really a bug or anything completely gamebreaking, but my Archer!Raven spawned with a longbow and can potentially kill all the caelin soldiers before you can reach them:

2e8bc907959deff3625367a479e809bb.png

Raven doesn't attack Lucius, so that's fine and dandy, but it's still annoying nontheless. I dunno if there's anything that can be done about it. I imagine there's a similar problem with any 7 move class with 2 range, but at least one of the soldiers is out of range in that case.

Something that is a bug though, Legault didn't spawn in chapter 19 Eliwood mode.

Isadora's also hilariously bad, and most of the other prepremotes are probably similar though, can't say yet. NPC Pent has below 10 in most stats too, and is 2-3HKO'd by 5-6 enemies on turn 1 at 70 hit, on normal mode

16e7e50b210c8f9dac35fd83cd568d65.png

Edited by General Horace

Apologies for double posting.

I figured out what my problem was, sorry I d.posted, I don't see where I can delete my posts, otherwise I'd have just deleted these.

Edited by stantree

halp. so I decided to give this a try after reading about randomizing FE games, wanted to go for fe8 and it didn't work.

Problem #1: NUPS doesn't recognize the patch (which is .ips..?) as a patch http://puu.sh/haw2U/4090748753.jpg.
Problem #2: if I want to randomize my fe8.gba with run.py as soon as I type randomize items / randomize units and press enter it immediately closes with many lines of text, too fast that I could read anything.
Problem #3: if I use the script.txt same as above, I only see many lines of text flashing and it immediately closes (is this normal with the script.txt?)
Problem #4: I thought maybe I did everything right and I'm just too dumb, opened my rom and it wasn't randomized at all :/

I have no idea what I have done wrong, also I've never done anything like this before but as far as Ican apply logic here I just did what I was told to do.. does anyone know why it doesn't work for me?

Edited by Leifinator

.ips patch is patched with not-ups (look up an ips patcher, i recommend lunarips or stealthpatch)

if the program is crashing (which it definitely is) you're probably running the wrong python version (macs are notorious for this, but based on the description of that error i assume you're using windows) - you can verify this by opening up cmd and typing "py" (it should be 3.x, not 2.7)