Sumia hate exists in all languages...

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like Sumia, but her implied pairing with Chrom has nothing to do with it. In fact, Chrom is my second choice for her after Henry and she's my second choice for Chrom after Olivia. I just don't like the way Sumia's character was handled at all. I thought I was going to like her, because she seemed cute and stuff. But her klutziness is BORING and she always complains about how she can't do anything right. If her klutziness actually caused any accidents, I'd like her more. But she's only ever shown falling flat on her face instead of knocking someone into a door or throwing a pie in someone's face. I love her the way I wrote her in one of my stories. She causes a BIG scene because she's so clumsy, but she's encouraged to take that clumsiness and turn it into a comedy act.

Still, I also don't think Sumia deserves ALL of the hate she gets. She has a few good moments, like her talent with animals and her awesome Scooby Doo reference in that one DLC chapter when she speaks to Miriel. She shouldn't be hated just because Chrom is her "default" pairing or anything dumb like that.

This is a far from the forest thread.

You're taking this too seriously.

Though it's refreshing to finally see it for once in Japanese.

tumblr_n33zuncpBg1rmzb08o1_1280.png

Most of the things I see is pretty positive from pixiv (probably because the haters don't draw fanart of her) even with her "controversial status" with pairings.

I'm all for "you like who you like and you dislike who you dislike"... but damn, that was quite the reaction over one little comment of "they look cute like Marth x Caeda [because lord and pegasus knight]."

You get all upset, and then when someone else is also upset you tell them to not be upset,

You're funny :D