Second Generation Hair Color Project [almost complete]

dekodomo

I figure any exposure is good exposure for this project so....

A few months back, I and a group of very nice people on Miiverse/tumblr started collecting screencaps of all the possible hair colors the second generation characters can get. We got very far and collected pictures for ALL non-Avatar parents, and we only have a few of the Avatar's hair colors left.

They're all in this Photobucket album; you can navigate the sidebar to see all the kids.

I also made a handy download link for anyone who'd rather have that.

Some examples:

TnUycjA.png

6vQbB1r.png

Rainbow kids

PxS4QHZ.png

jTIuMJl.png

"Why the hell did you do this," you may ask. Because if you're gonna have fictional video game kids, they might as well be beautiful, so now you know exactly what you're getting into when you marry this-and-this with so-and-so. Everyone knows that the most important eugenics in the game is hair eugenics.

Also you notice some neat things, like the fact that Gaius, Stahl, and Chrom have awful hair genes aside from a few exceptions, all the hair colors in the game are unique. Gregor and Ricken have different auburn hair, Henry and Avatar hair 1 are different white, Priam, Chrom, and Avatar hair 3 are different blue hair, etc.

Exceptions are as follows:

1) Gregor and Avatar hair 19 give the same auburn hair

2) Henry and Walhart give the same white hair

3) Gaius and Avatar hair 20 are technically not the same, but the differences are so minimal they might as well be

4) Lissa and Emmeryn, unsurprisingly, give the same blonde hair

Also Yarne's fur color changes depending on his hair color (I mean all his fur, not just that little tuft), but ONLY in the confession images.

NSp3rGH.png

Neat!

And yes, the kids show up with the Avatar's hair color in their confession image in the support log if a file where the Avatar is their dad is the last activated save file.

This is a lot of words about video game hair colors, use the images for whatever resources you fancy, blah blah. Thanks for indulging me by reading this far. I'm taking my time with the remaining hair colors, but they'll be finished eventually.

(And might as well plug my other project, making transparent sprites of all the characters and their expressions.)

been sort of watching this for a while via Tumblr. not bad at all; my appreciation for things studying in excruciating detail the superficial parts of these games is very much impressed :P

Edited by bookofholsety

And yes, the kids show up with the Avatar's hair color in their confession image in the support log if a file where the Avatar is their dad is the last activated save file.

...Well then.

That would be more than a little awkward for the Avatar-M confessions.

been sort of watching this for a while via Tumblr. not bad at all; my appreciation for things studying in excruciating detail the superficial parts of these games is very much impressed :P

Studying in excruciating detail the superficial parts of video games is why I live.

...Well then.

yeah.

yeah.

the things I do to satisfy my ocpd

Wait, why does Morgan female have Frederick's hair color?

http://s131.photobucket.com/user/rakuen13/media/FEA Kids Hair Colors/Morgan - F/01frederick.png.html?sort=6&o=17

You can give FeMorgan the hair color of a 1st gen father by marrying Male Robin to a 2nd gen girl that inherited said hair color.

Ex: Marrying Robin to Frederick!Cynthia will result in FeMorgan with Frederick's hair color.

What Jave said. :P

But this is a neat project! Good job to you. ^^ And I was able to pick out my Morgan from the folder without looking at the file name! Not hard when I've looked at him several times over. lol

Also, I just noticed. Blonde Inigo sorta looks like Link from Legend of Zelda. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Is anyone still doing hair color 7? I noticed that no one is actually putting it up, so I'd like to work on it if you don't mind ; u ;

I think Virion's hair color looks really nice on most of the kids; the slightly gray blue is surprisingly good looking on most of them.

How do you think I got Noire's confession for Vincent on the mainsite? Noire with Henry white hair is a little frigging awkward on that confession CG.

I've been vaguely following this project since it was started, and it's pretty impressive. It's interesting to see how the kids look with different hair colors.

"Why the hell did you do this," you may ask. Because if you're gonna have fictional video game kids, they might as well be beautiful, so now you know exactly what you're getting into when you marry this-and-this with so-and-so. Everyone knows that the most important eugenics in the game is hair eugenics.

When your color inheritance is as terrible as Stahl's or Gaius's, taking hair eugenics into account is practically encouraged.

Wait, why does Morgan female have Frederick's hair color?

http://s131.photobucket.com/user/rakuen13/media/FEA Kids Hair Colors/Morgan - F/01frederick.png.html?sort=6&o=17

Don't let the lies deceive you, you can totally get gay married in the game after fulfilling several arcane and soul crushingly tedious requirements, including but not limited to speed playing the first 13 chapters of the game no less than 5 times and support grinding all the ladies each time.

(Jave is correct)

I never realized how deep red Miriels Morgan is :0

Actually I'm pretty certain that Miriel!Morgan's hair is a mistake, it's far too dark. I think they accidentally took the color from the shdaowed part of her hair instead of the base color.

Either that, or the developers just wanted to make Miriel's hair color more distinctive since it's really similar to Sully's and Anna's. There are a LOT of red headed ladies in the game.

Is anyone still doing hair color 7? I noticed that no one is actually putting it up, so I'd like to work on it if you don't mind ; u ;

Someone on tumblr told me they wanted to do hair 7, but nothing ever came of that and that was months ago, so I'm guessing they lost interest. If you're willing to help, then please, by all means! I'll be eternally grateful. ヽ(;▽;)ノ Just in case, remember to pair Chrom with the Maiden so you won't get locked out of getting the kid of the woman who marries Chrom.

Thanks y'all for the positive responses!

This is pretty cool. The amount of time and work put into this is respectable as well. I'm curious though, how did you get the default colors to appear in the roster? Or is there somewhere else in the game where one can get screenshots like that?

This is pretty cool. The amount of time and work put into this is respectable as well. I'm curious though, how did you get the default colors to appear in the roster? Or is there somewhere else in the game where one can get screenshots like that?

Class Reel and Future of Despair DLC.

Class Reel and Future of Despair DLC.

I know that it's possible to see them at those two locations, but neither of them have the same backgrounds as the ones in the albums. The background used in the album appears to be from the roster, where default colors can't be seen (I think). The only other possibility I can think of is if it was photoshopped or something.

I know that it's possible to see them at those two locations, but neither of them have the same backgrounds as the ones in the albums. The background used in the album appears to be from the roster, where default colors can't be seen (I think). The only other possibility I can think of is if it was photoshopped or something.

IIRC they photoshopped the colors based on the Future Past DLC. A few of the kids (Cynthia, Inigo, Nah and a few more), have their default colors with one of the avatar's hair options.

• 3 weeks later...

Aha! I thought I saw this on Tumblr a few months ago!*

I really was impressed with the concept of this project, and glad to see it's nearing completion.

Was just wondering, when the child inherits the hair color, is the color pallete the exact same as the parent?

Like if I were to compare the blue of Chrom's hair to his potential daughter Cynthia's, it would match up with the same hex values (is that the right term)?

*EDIT: Although it may have been a month ago. Two at most?

Edited by Jacien