Have your opinion of awakeing changed?

ClassyWolf

And you're purposefully being ignorant. He makes a bullshit claim and calls everyone who dislikes the game a liar. I'm calling him out on his bullshit. All he can do is make unrelated comments about unrelated things in a weak attempt at exiting with dignity.

I'm not being ignorant. I've looked back and I'm not seeing anything of the sort. Now all I see is two men trying to one up each other. You are arguing over a game. A game about dating and war. Stop. Just stop. Both of you stop.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not being ignorant. I've looked back and I'm not seeing anything of the sort. Now all I see is two men trying to one up each other. You are arguing over a game. A game about dating and war. Stop. Just stop. Both of you stop.

Nah, he's long gone. Now it's just us discussing an arguement about an arguement.

He's gone because I told him to stop. Now please.

PM? Otherwise no. What I saw was him making an unrelated comment and exiting in a weak attempt to save face.

Everyone who disliked or liked Awakening provided solid reasons for their beliefs. Anyone who changed their opinion did so too. And everyone, at least on this forums providesa good reason for any change in their opinion (you can see threads about this that go one way or the other every now and then) and nobody (that I've seen) changed their opinions on a whim.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

That's not proof or evidence relating to FE in anyway. Try harder, why don't you? Surely you can manage a little effort? Or is that too much to ask for? Show me some proof that people who changed their opinions did so on a whim or, as you said, "Those people are masking that they only dislike it because of hype backlash by giving 'legitimate' reasons."

Oh wait, you can't. Not that I'm surprised anymore.

Why do you care so goddamn much?

It's funny that you cut out the "though I haven't see any personally" bit. He made the claim "Those people are masking that they only dislike it because of hype backlash by giving 'legitimate' reasons." so he has to prove it.

This isn't an Awakening hate thread.

I started reading that argument wondering why anyone would want ten year's advanced notice for a change of opinion on a video game from someone you don't even know. I finished reading it wondering if both of you shouldn't be on GameFAQs. Yes, it's silly to be so worked up about people's opinion changes that have absolutely no impact on your life, but it's also silly to get so worked up over other people not changing their opinion on something that has absolutely no impact.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

1) You could ask the same question for any argument on the internet (or even on this thread), so I don't really see why you feel the need to call him out on this? and 2) Where are you getting the impression that he's significantly invested in this? Moreso than other threads he's posted in, I mean.

Also ProTip- Generally people get upset when you state that their opinion is a lie. Probably shouldn't do that.

Edited by Refa

2) Where are you getting the impression that he's significantly invested in this? Moreso than other threads he's posted in, I mean.

Cuz he constantly does that. It seems so silly to me that someone would have that much hate for something, yet stick around to slam it so much. Like, why? Why does he care about Ike-Mike's opinion so much?

171814.gif

My theory is that IMs claim implies that Awakening is so good nobody can legitimately dislike it, so RJW cannot help but try to debunk it.

My theory is that IMs claim implies that Awakening is so good nobody can legitimately dislike it, so RJW cannot help but try to debunk it.

Interesting...

*rubs chin* Mayhaps...but i didnt get that from his posts. I got something more like Ike-Mike likes Awakening and doesnt seem to think his opinion is going to change any time soon.

Not really. It's still a fun game, and I still like most of the cast. The plot isn't that good, but I find people tend to exaggerate it's lack of quality. I still come back to it every once in awhile.

Posted · Hidden by Dr. Tarrasque, April 2, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Dr. Tarrasque, April 2, 2014 - No reason given

Also ProTip- Generally people get upset when you state that their opinion is a lie. Probably shouldn't do that.

Bingo

Bingo. That's what got me worked up.

Believe me, I'm the first one to call out RJW when he's being a dick. But in this case, he's not.

Try harder, why don't you? Surely you can manage a little effort? Or is that too much to ask for?

Oh wait, you can't. Not that I'm surprised anymore.

What do you call that?

What do you call that?

Not being a dick, because Ike-Mike threw the first (metaphorical) punch.

It was in response to:

"Those people are masking that they only dislike it because of hype backlash by giving 'legitimate' reasons."

Not saying it wasn't harsh, but like Loki said, being harsh is sometimes necessary to get your point across.

Edited by Baldrick

Or maybe Ike-Mike was just tired of people being dicks about things they dont like. I know i sure am.

Fair enough, I can definitely see where you're coming from there. I get pretty miffed when I hear that someone (like a single person, not even multiple people) dislikes something that I enjoy for the "wrong reasons". It's really weird, like I'll like something unconditionally but I won't mind if people don't like it for certain points; but if it's the wrong points, then I'm instantly annoyed. Weird thing is I know this is completely unreasonable and it's OK for people to dislike things I like for whatever reason, but I'm still like that anyways. Uh...not that that really applies to what you're saying wow I'm a ham. I guess I'm trying to say that I'd be bothered if I really liked FE13 (haven't played yet) and a bunch of people hated on it for reasons I didn't agree with?

Edited by Refa

What?

Im just tired of people being dicks about the things they dont like. Its ok if people dont like the game. I dont give a fuck. But stop being dicks to people who do. I think Ike-Mike's entire business was just a balking backlash against the Vocal Minority yelling so loud and being dicks. So he ended up being a dick about it too. From here, it looked like more of the same shit: "STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE! STOP DISLIKING WHAT I LIKE!"

It just gets so fucking old, and i just wonder why people care so much to make messes on forums all the time.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say but I suck at articulating things. My bad.

Stop this insipid squabble, it has nothing to do with the original topic question.

Next off-topic post gets a warning.

I did not expect this topic to be this popular, yeah there are a lot of off topic things but still...

On a few things a saw in this topic: I don't think that awakening has the best gameplay, I think thats radiant dawn, it just has more depth to it.

Yeah, I think the designs of the character look bad, and some things don't make sense (like why is lucina and chrom wearing riding boots when they are never on horses as lords... and this is not mentioning the fanservice and knight and cavaliers).

Music, while it's good, I don't find it as memorable as in the earlier games.

And yeah, the thing that has madde me dislike the game (even more), has to be the fanbase (which I pretty much mean gamefaqs)

I think the situation is that, the more you play Awakening (subsequent playthroughs)... the more you realize its flaws.

The only problem I have about it is that when people love it so much when they take out the story element because the gameplay elements are so fun... and then turn around and bash it after actually being able to read it. (Repeating myself again, sorry)

I mean sure, Awakening's story is an important factor in evaluating it as a game...

But I don't think it should have *THAT* much impact.

Was it your money's worth? Is it worth telling people to go ahead and play it if they're on the fence about buying it?

In that sense, my opinion about Awakening hasn't changed. I mean, sure... I tell them I'm really biased for the game because I love it some reasons are more obvious than others... but I make sure they know that when I recommend it to them.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I bought the 3DS just because of FE13 (got the Fire Emblem edition) and now I will not play this game again, because the gameplay is lacking compared to other games of the series I played.

It is a great game for newcomers of the series, but for a fancier like me it did not convince me.

Edited by MisterIceTeaPeach