Fire Emblem 4 / Game of Thrones simliarities

DarkCrusader

Is it just me or does Fire Emblem 4 and Game of Thrones have a lot of coincidental similarities? For example....

*Warning: If you haven't seen, or been caught up with, Game of Thrones don't read this thread.

1. Plot relevant character and his army dies from a massive betrayal (The Massacre at Barhara / The Red Wedding.)
  2. Incest being a huge plot point in both stories (Manfroy trying to get Alvis and Diadora to have a kid / Joffrey's parentage and the War of the 5 Kings)
  3. The oldest male child produced from said incestous pairing acts like a complete monster (Julius / Joffrey
  4. Both stories have a relatively high body count in terms of named characters.
  5. Both stories feature some type of zombie (The Dreadlords / The White Walkers)
Edited by DarkCrusader

Both portray medieval life fairly accurately

>accurate medieval life

>FE4 (or any FE game)

???????????????????????????????????????????

Is it just me or do Levin and Tyrion Lannister share some similarities in terms of personalities?

i've never watched GoT but i just looked Tyrion up and he sounds nothing like Lewyn at all

>accurate medieval life

>FE4 (or any FE game)

???????????????????????????????????????????

i've never watched GoT but i just looked Tyrion up and he sounds nothing like Lewyn at all

You really don't think FE 4 portrays medieval life accurately at all? Not even a little bit? Am I missing something?

I guess I was wrong about Tyrion and Levin lol.

MODEDIT: stop doubleposting

Edited by Michael Hurst

Ok fair enough. So do you think my post is utter crap?

So does anybody think that Fire Emblem 4 and Game of Thrones have any similarities at all or am I just completely wrong on this?

MODEDIT: stop. doubleposting.

Edited by Michael Hurst

You really don't think FE 4 portrays medieval life accurately at all? Not even a little bit? Am I missing something?

How about you explain how it does, first?

I see the following similarities:

1. vaguely generic medieval fantasy setting with a "dark" edge(most similarities except the following two are due to the appearance of medieval fantasy tropes).

2. byzantine politics.

3. the "kill off/incapacitate most of the main characters" plot twist.(although game of thrones does it differently)

Note that #3 counts as a massive similarity simply because of how rarely that twist is used.

If by realism you mean teen marriages and cousin incest, then yes, FE4 has that.

Edited by sirmola

I always thought GoT and FE had similar themes. Personally I think it would be cool FE got a live action show but sadly it won't and if it did people would call it a GoT ripoff. So, GoT will have to do.

GoT is probably more similar to the Tellius saga. They're the only two narratives (to my knowledge) with a character whose name is pronounced "Joffrey".

FE4 doesn't even portray medieval life. Medieval warfare, yes.

FE5 is actually the installment where you get a glimpse of how that world functions anyway. Peasants and brigands and the dispossessed, nobles and wanna-be nobles and even references to OMG administrators and bureaucrats. Even so it sure ain't something you can pin down to any specific real-world place or time because that's not how the world's constructed. Like sirmola said, it's a fantasy setting, and FE4 only gives the top-down view of that setting as it is.

FE5 is actually the installment where you get a glimpse of how that world functions anyway. Peasants and brigands and the dispossessed, nobles and wanna-be nobles and even references to OMG administrators and bureaucrats.

Don't forgot bandits, especially a certain one! In all honesty, whilst some of the games draw in some aspect of politics, I highly doubt they come even close to how medieval life and war was. For a start, archers in real life won battles!

First tomes of GoT are really nice, but everything after A Storm of Swords is pile of bullshit.

God, A Dance with Dragons is the worst book I've read, since Brisingr.

FE4&FE5 story is way better than A Dance with Dragons.

Edited by Nicolas