Lyn Emblem (Version #5: Another minor update. In case you missed it, #4 made all overworld sprites Lyn)

NutOfDeath

Lyn Emblem questions  

43 members have voted

1. 1. This poll is glitchy. Click delete my vote if you already voted on the first poll.

• So pick me
    • Or me
  2. 2. How should Lyn's animations be done?

• Lyn in the clothes of each class; old animations, but with Lyn.
    • Lord/ Blade Lord Lyn having one animation for each weapon/weapon type; new animations, but less animations.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wahaha! Great hack!

One question. If you did the same thing to the other Fire Emblem Gameboy titles, what characters would you choose?

I would change the characters of FE 6 or 8 with Ike. Or if I felt particularly evil, Tharja/Seth.

I made Lyn cavalier battle animations!

Lance:

PW2bWzW.png

Sword:

yuWxkAx.png

They probably aren't that great because I've never done battle animations before. Feel free to mess around with the format to get it to work.

And it would be nice if you gave credit to Shamison.

I made Lyn cavalier battle animations!

Lance:PW2bWzW.pngSword:yuWxkAx.png

They probably aren't that great because I've never done battle animations before. Feel free to mess around with the format to get it to work.And it would be nice if you gave credit to Shamison.

I will definitely add this in the next update. Thanks!

Next update will have overworld Lyns. As a fellow swordsman once said, "Prepare yourself."

No problem! Glad I could help. Should I continue and make the rest? And if so what class should I do next?

If you want, you can make the rest. I'll take anyone's as long as it's not crap. If it isn't too hard, I'd make a brigand Lyn.

I see you're finally back Nut!

Do you want to me stream it tonight, or wait until there's another significant update so there is more to show off?

I'd wait until I replace all the overworld Lyns. I'll post when that happens so you get notified.

I'm having problems inserting the animations in FEditor, but I'll keep hacking at it.

I'd wait until I replace all the overworld Lyns. I'll post when that happens so you get notified.

I'm having problems inserting the animations in FEditor, but I'll keep hacking at it.

Alright then! I wish I could help more with the hacking... I need to learn a bit myself for when actually get free time to learn that. My work time goes to programming my own game as well, but not a hack lol.

But anyway, that's OT. Can't wait for the next update! ^_^

Edited by n7 Average Azn (John)

Alright then! I wish I could help more with the hacking... I need to learn a bit myself for when actually get free time to learn that. My work time goes to programming my own game as well, but not a hack lol.

But anyway, that's OT. Can't wait for the next update! ^_^

Actually, how long do you think you can stay up waiting for the update? I might be able to finish tonight. I think I'll just postpone the animations until the next update.

Yeah the animations will probably take awhile. I don't know how to do all the stuff, because you have to write a script for it,make frames and this other thing that looks difficult so I can't do it but if someone can go ahead and modify my sheet.

Actually, how long do you think you can stay up waiting for the update? I might be able to finish tonight. I think I'll just postpone the animations until the next update.

Hmm... I'm kind of tired actually... So i don't want to announce that i'm streaming tonight and only stream for a little. So maybe tomorrow, I think that will be a better day to stream it. :P

Hmm... I'm kind of tired actually... So i don't want to announce that i'm streaming tonight and only stream for a little. So maybe tomorrow, I think that will be a better day to stream it. :P

Sure, just notify me when you're streaming so I can watch! Hopefully I'll get this done before I sleep.

Yeah the animations will probably take awhile. I don't know how to do all the stuff, because you have to write a script for it,make frames and this other thing that looks difficult so I can't do it but if someone can go ahead and modify my sheet.

I'm going to be honest: I don't know if I want Lyn to have one animation per weapon/weapon type or have Lyn in a class's costume (like you've done). I'll make a poll once this next patch comes out.

So you don't want Lyn x Blade Lord for every single class? D:

As much as I'd love to have that, I think it would be better as custom Lyn class sprites since I feel it will give it much more variety in the long run.

But either way, it is a decision that needs to be made earlier than later.