Mistakes you made on your first play trough

As it is said. I made my fair share of mistakes playing this game for the first time including having to remove my frist play through due to lack of units I hate the grann desert.... Anyhow post!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't made a lot actually. At least not mistakes in the sense of doing things that had bad consequences.

I did try to train both Meg and Fiona but I quickly realized that training them was a daunting task. Fiona in particular would have been absurd to use after that one map that she is playable before 1E since there was no realistic way for her to be deployed in 1E and the following chapters. Similar with Lethe, who didn't gain any experience despite already barely being barely able to keep up with the enemies and having to deal with a transformation gauge. So despite playing Normal mode (aka Japanese Hard mode) things actually went pretty smoothly for the whole run.

Edited by BrightBow

Well I'm still working on my hard play through on easy I've beaten it a few times. Why does ashera just stand there and let me beat the crap out of her anyway? Anyhoo. It was my first FE so the whole perms death thing.

You can loose units after chapter 3 right?

Chapter four:Leonardo

Chapter five Edward

Chapter six-one Jill

Chapter six-two Zihark

Chapter seven Fiona, Ilyana , Laura and Nolan

Chapter eight was actually fine I think....

Chapter nine yeah not possible here

Endgame volug got fired Rafiel got got sothe died Sevreal times (course I reset but still)

Yeah also how do dead guys weapons go to the convoy? Caladblog went when Eddie got Ike'd once but the tempest blade didn't. I'm confused.

Oh I remember, when I played it the first time. It was my first FE game. I almost gave up in chapter 3, because I did not understand the gameplay. But the fantastic tutorials help me to undestand the mechanic of Fire Emblem. Now I am doing my second run one hard mode. FE10 is probably one of the hardest FE games in the easiest difficulty. You have to play very carefully, because the DB members can be killed with 1-2 hits.

In the desert chapter you should bring Jill or Haar (probably Jill because of her higher speed) and you should give the nullify skill (which you get in 2-F) to Naesala or one of the seraph knights.

Edited by MisterIceTeaPeach

Err those deaths were from my frist play through I never finished I reset. I frist played rd in the hospital and demanded after my release I get the game I never got past the prison level since the hospital wii didn't save. After Christmas came they didn't get because "we read it's to hard" I raged and spent 70 of my hundred Christmas money on it. I don't regret it. Anyhow yeah I was. A failure

Anyway yeah. I was an uber failure. I don't remeber my fails past part one save Marcia in the prologue and a fatality all ost every chapter

Why is he incredibly good? I've only used him once in endgame I can't remember. My not carein about deaths. Also on the bridge level I ordered tibarn to murder everyone by putting the target button far off. Not knowing he wouldn't transform then not noticing the bosses crossbow the second time around

Why is he incredibly good? I've only used him once in endgame I can't remember.

Well... He is good. Not the best unit in the entire game, but still. However, the time where I did accidentally let Boyd die was long before I started frequenting forums such as this one.

Meh. You guys said the dracos for the desert? I had the minimum units. All of them were dead that could be dead save tantih

After I learned about PoR I felt like I was reading a the second book in a sieres and felt bad. I paused my play through and looked up PoR. 100$ dollars.....

Omg. So...

Leik.

I was plowing through the game and shit was awesome. Until the Tower of Guidance. I somehow managed to throw Nihil away on Ike. (probably when he promoted and chose a skill over it. I dont remember. Either way, Ike was without Nihil and getting destroyed every time i had him do anything.) Yeah..I was already through most of the game. I restarted.

I overused the OP units(like Sothe in the beginning, the Laguz Kings and the Black Knight) This left in a pretty bad position in most DB chapters(good thing it was easy).

Radiant Dawn was my first Fire Emblem game so I'm surprised this is the only major mistake I can recall doing(I did use SF a lot to guide me through the game though)

Beyond not realizing Battle Saving existed until my friend (who was playing with me) pointed it out on our second/third attempt at Part 1's Endgame.. I think the biggest mistake I made was not realizing I could steal stuff from the Senators or visit tents to get items in 3-3. So I missed out on quite a few things from that chapter. Whoops.

*Edit* Oh right, I also didn't realize bonus EXP existed until, like.. the late chapters of Part 3. Ha.

Edited by Maiden of Ghosts

I underused Sothe in part 1 and spread exp too thin and the usual suspects sucked. By like 1-6 I restarted and refocused my efforts and the game was waaaay easier.

Overusing Haar.

This is a thread for mistakes. Get outta here.

On topic: I didn't know how the weapon blessing mechanic worked in the Tower of Guidance, and ended up with some pretty weird weapon loadouts... If I recall correctly, Jill was equipped with a blessed Hand Axe.