Mistakes you made on your first play trough

Didn't know Aran existed and didn't recruit Heather. Also didn't know throwing knives existed till I saw Heather throwing them o_O

Didn't train Leonardo/Meg/Fiona/Laura at all, and didn't do muchl with Micaiah, so some of the later Dawn Brigade chapters were pretty tough, as I wouldn't even bother deploying Leo/Meg/Fiona (would always die).

Got Ike/Oscar A support only to realize Oscar isn't very good endgame xD

Basically didn't know hidden treasure existed till the end of part 3. I guess I must have gone through all of PoR without it X_X (I thought it was only desert map)

I blessed a Brave Sword instead of Vague Katti or Alondite thinking Mia with adept/cancel/astra would be able to wreck with the thing, only to find Nihil EVERYWHERE.

I used too many Axe people. Titania, Jill, and Haar got blessed Brave Axe, Urvan, and Brave Lance respectively. Boyd, beastly as 38 strength/33 speed is, only got a blessed Silver Poleaxe.

Didn't know skills could be reassigned for a long time. Boy was I unhappy I didn't take Celerity off of Tormod or Paragon off Astrid.

I also hoarded, as I tend to do in my first playthrough. Didn't buy enough grass early on, didn't use a lot of stat ups or Laguz gems, and didn't use a lot of skills for a while. End of the game, didn't burn all my money on a nice ass forged axes to bless for Boyd, and had more grass/laguz stones than I would ever need because of the Laguz gems.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None that caused me to delete the file. It's pretty easy to get past any chapter by just abusing the map/supports/enemyAI, but some minor ones...

1. Dumped all my B.EXP onto Fiona in Part 1. (I liked her armor color. =( )
  2. Used Tormod a lot, didn't realize that the little b****** would disappear for 80% of the game.
  3. Didn't use any Flying units. (Thanks Desert Map)
  4. Used way too many sword users. (All of the Swordmasters, made fighting all of those generals in the final 5 chapters OH SO fun.)
  5. Didn't use any supports, got mad when they were just generic messages that could be exchanged with anyone else.

Used way too many sword users. (All of the Swordmasters, made fighting all of those generals in the final 5 chapters OH SO fun.)

Haha, I remember having obsessions about Myrmidons and some physically frail units even if they were RNG screwed. As a results my first Endgame was an epic Caineghis/Giffca solo.

I played on Normal thinking it was like PoR where Normal was just Easy without the tutorials being thrown at you, so I was expecting the game to be a lot easier than it was and got really discouraged more than once, since I was like 16 and terrible at everything. I also refused to use Volug because I hated Wolf animations.

Hmm... the only one I can think of is restarting the file instead of starting a new game on the same file. So Pelleas/Lehran/etc. I never got until my third play through. This only happened as I had FE6, and clears were counted by each save file, not the same one as you couldn't reset it.

Not really about game play or anything, but oh well.

I tried using all of the Dawn Brigade to the exclusion of actually competent units

also I gave all of my BEXP to Micaiah

also didn't know that throwing knives existed until I saw dondon's run

i didn't get thani or the wind edge or meg

boohoo whatever will you do without meg

(sucks that you missed thani, though)

Wasted time training DB units that aren't Jill and Nolan. I was in particular furious that Edward was pretty much worse than a base Zihark despite the amount of time and exp wasted on him.

I wouldn't exactly call it a mistake but I opted to let 2-E play out as long as possible before BEXP decay, working my way to the boss with Nephenee pretty much solo with some backup from Geoffrey. I didn't bother to see that Haar could kill him so easily and safely till after I beat the map. Instead, Haar pretty much camped the left side of the map and just farmed all the reinforcements. Derp.

I didn't kill the Black Knight with a Hammer. Actually I don't regret this, the fact it works is incredibly silly.

I went into the game thinking I'd train Astrid again, no matter how bad she was but thankfully her incredibly awful taste in men made me do a 180 on that one.

I kept saving Wind Swords thinking HOLY SHIT 1-2 RANGE SWORDS THAT DON'T USE MAG THESE ARE GONNA BE SO RARE AND USEFUL LATER without realising they're pretty common and not actually very good.

Edited by Irysa

• 1 month later...

Where to begin, where to begin... (I'm at 4-4 at the moment)

Having a small number of truly competent units? Check.

Here are my current A-teamers: Nephenee, Aran, Oscar, Soren, Gatrie, Mia, Haar, Rolf. (And also Stefan, I guess)

Units that might still catch up: Jill, Titania, Shinon

Bringing a total of 2 fliers into Grann Desert? (Sigrun and Tanith): Check. (Jill and haar are with Team Crimea)

Using Laguz Royalty quite a bit: You got it!

4-5 is going to be a nightmare with only Haar and Shinon as my powerhouse units...

Where to begin, where to begin... (I'm at 4-4 at the moment)

Having a small number of truly competent units? Check.

Here are my current A-teamers: Nephenee, Aran, Oscar, Soren, Gatrie, Mia, Haar, Rolf. (And also Stefan, I guess)

Units that might still catch up: Jill, Titania, Shinon

Bringing a total of 2 fliers into Grann Desert? (Sigrun and Tanith): Check. (Jill and haar are with Team Crimea)

Using Laguz Royalty quite a bit: You got it!

4-5 is going to be a nightmare with only Haar and Shinon as my powerhouse units...

Your A-Team actually seems pretty solid, although you should try to catch a few others up.

Yeah, you are kind of in trouble for the Grann Desert chapter. It gave me fits even with those two and Haar.

Using the laguz royalty is not really a problem. And 4-5 is not really that bad, just time consuming, because you will likely be facing 100+ powerful laguz units.

My first playthrough of RD was my first playthrough of any FE game, yet surprisingly I did little to screw myself over, although my boyfriend was there to guide me sometimes if I needed it (if it weren't for him, I wouldmay not have recruited Haar, who obviously was useful in that playthrough as my #1 killing unit, whoops). But yeah since I /did/ recruit Haar, I don't count my near fail as a fail :p

I never cared for Meg or Fiona, so I never BEXP'd them or anything horrific like that, though, and Meg and Laura didn't die, so I was proud of that!

Missed Blossoms because I didn't notice a tent entrance, and for some reason I was absolutely terrified by that map, I think by trying to do.. Something (maybe catch the fleeing Senators?) I almost managed to lose the entire run, and I didn't want to do that because.. Something awesome happened, goddammit, what was it with that chapter?

Training Ilyana. Yeah Thunder Magic sucks, but Forges exist for a reason! Her affinity is good! Availability! She was in my PoR team! A great strength grow will be totally useful because Mages get weighted down so much! Staves! She helped in the DB chapters and got very good levels, I gotta train her! She'll wreck the endgame dragons!

... Why is there a glowing green 30 near the Speed bar?

Final blow to Deghinsea, benched till the end of the game in favor of a ridiculously blessed Sanaki not weighted down by Rexflame and with capped Speed, promised to not use her ever again.

• 3 months later...