Olthin for Spotpass?

Did you ever wonder why Olthin (translated Orson) wasn't a Spotpass character?

Not only does he have his own in-game weapon, but he's a popular character from the game he stars in. (Thracia 776).

The main reason why I care so much is because this leaves his weapon unobtainable outside of Barracks and landing on those special spots, which is a shame, since I love accurate axes.

The spotpass characters are pretty weird. Like in Radiant Dawn we have all the dawn brigade people except Nolan (despite him being the "leader") and both Brom and Nephnee (why is she a knight) even though the have the exact same purpose. And the Black Knight is there despite being more important in Path of Radiance.

Edited by Potato123

If I remember right Spotpass characters really came down to who the developers liked most and the obvious. Brom and Neph were lords for literally one chapter of Radiant Dawn, and Micaiah is in that set while Lucia, Geffory (wait, why can't I remember how that's spelled...?) Elincia, and Ike are all in FE9 set, and Tibarn would involve Laguz. So, from what I see, they were trying to get every part time lord of FE10 in somehow. Neph is a knight probably because Halberdiers are gone.

Back on topic, I don't know. Perhaps IS has a liking for FE5 heroes and wanted to represent more?

The spotpass characters are pretty weird. Like in Radiant Dawn we have all the dawn brigade people except Nolan (despite him being the "leader") and both Brom and Nephnee (why is she a knight) even though the have the exact same purpose. And the Black Knight is there despite being more important in Path of Radiance.

I'd assume they put BK in RD's section because they wanted to let every game have a major villain, but that's difficult to do for RD without plot spoilers and BK was as close as they could get.

Sephiran was there too. Him being a villain is a pretty big spoiler for FE10, even if he had a skill of nigh-invincibility in FE9.

He doesn't look that fiendish compared to the villains of the other FEs and doesn't come off as a villain to those who haven't played Tellius, so I doubt they wanted him as FE10's representing bad guy.

nobody got screwed over more than the FE3/12 cast. even taking into account the relative lack of official art to use for it, omitting Rody and Luke (who do have it) in favour of Norne, Horace and Etzel was pretty silly

Edited by bookofholsety

nobody got screwed over more than the FE3/12 cast. even taking into account the relative lack of official art to use for it, omitting Rody and Luke (who do have it) in favour of Norne, Horace and Etzel was pretty silly

I'm a little more peeved about the lack of Palla and Est myself. They were in three whole games each and couldn't even manage a slot in one of them? They even had something resembling plot importance as Minerva's goon squad, and that's a rare sight indeed in SD.

FE3/12 spotpass cast all used the art for FE12's artist for consistency's sake, I'd imagine

Ninty should've paid the dude more to draw everyone; I like his art

Sucks that we get a remake but not everyone gets re-art

Nintendo should just hire me to do these actually, I like doing character design and getting paid

Edited by Thor Odinson

I'm a little more peeved about the lack of Palla and Est myself. They were in three whole games each and couldn't even manage a slot in one of them? They even had something resembling plot importance as Minerva's goon squad, and that's a rare sight indeed in SD.

I'm happy with DLC Whitewings. Their art looks cool.

Nephnee (why is she a knight)

Neph is a knight probably because Halberdiers are gone.

Nephenee could be a soldier theoretical, but in FE13 only enemies are soldiers for some reasons...

The same with Amelia. She is a knight too.

Too many Myrmidons/Swordmasters in the Spotpass selection.

Yes, almost always two in each Fire Emblem section.

Edited by MisterIceTeaPeach

Orsin had no room for the cut, it seems...but more than anything, Makalov should have made the cut. He's pink Jesus hoeseman, Number 1 and my absolute fucking favorite man (as well as many others) in the series.

...And Palla, Catria, and Est get their own DLC episodes as they were a legend of their time being in more games than any other characters in the series.

Then there's Malice who doesn't even exist in FE3.

Malicia should have made that fucking spot.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

I have a long list of characters that I would have perferred. However, the point I'm getting at is that Orson even has his own axe, the PUGI, as an obtainable weapon. I wonder what was IS thinking when they decided to add Dagdar instead.

What about Pelleas from RD? Main character, not in. What?

Kind of a spoiler that you can recruit him.

Since he always dies on Playthrough 1.

AQlso if we had every main, Ninian would have a spot but we all know why that isn't a thing.

Orsin had no room for the cut, it seems...but more than anything, Makalov should have made the cut. He's pink Jesus hoeseman, Number 1 and my absolute fucking favorite man (as well as many others) in the series.

I highly doubt that a character many fans hate would even have a chance getting into something like a SpotPass team.