Anger, sadness and children lacking skills

terff

So, just a while ago I decided to recruit inigo (Chrom!Inigo) (This is my 4th playthrough only made so I can try out new child pairings) I usually did a sumia and chrom pairing, so I decided to see what olivia could do for chrom and I wasn't disappointed, Inigo seemed incredible and lucina had a lot of better classes to pick from. I failed the first 2 times on the level because of getting the 5 kills for inigo and I forgot to save in the prep menu each time causing me to have to reclass Chrom (I had him as a great knight) and switch around Olivia's abilities to get galeforce at the end. The last time I did it I was kind of rushing, and in my haste forgot to switch Olivia's abilities and by the time I realized I had already saved and went through the support conversations... Therefore causing me to feel a substantial amount of anger.

So I just wanted to ask you if you have ever forgotten to pass down a vital skill to a child character?

Even though his dialogue says five, you only need to get one with him to change the scene, anymore give no further change.

Anyway, yeah. I've done it before, but I try to check the child unit before starting the match. Especially when recruiting someone like Severa.

I don't remember needing to give kills to inigo in order to recruit him. I remember beating this chapter without giving him even a single kill, and he still joining my side.

Some perfectionists would rather say Bullion(M) is the most important one because the total amount of Bullion(M) is limited.

I have intentionally worked on it and proved that getting Bullion(M) within 1 turn regardless of difficulty is available.

The guide generally uses the following idea:

a rallybot to boost Inigo's stats, a Master Seal (or Dread Scroll) to promote Inigo for better stats to survive.

Even you're not playing LTC, it's quite enough to achieve those items.

Wish that will help you.

For passing down wrong skill, it's always a fatal mistake. You can just remind yourself not to do it anytime, anywhere.

Edited by MelonGx

If you get ALL 5 kills you actually get these items

Elixer

Killing Edge

Speedwing

Bullion (m)

Hammerne (basically the only reason I did it)

omg. I never knew that. I just used a rescue staff on him and talked to him with Olivia and he'd pair up with someone to not die. I need to remember this.

If i mess up like that with a skill, i reset. Yeah. Like one time, Nah ended up with Underdog instead of Aptitude and well...that wasnt what i bothered with Donnel for. RESET!

omg. I never knew that. I just used a rescue staff on him and talked to him with Olivia and he'd pair up with someone to not die. I need to remember this.

If i mess up like that with a skill, i reset. Yeah. Like one time, Nah ended up with Underdog instead of Aptitude and well...that wasnt what i bothered with Donnel for. RESET! W

Well aptitude isn't that useful of a skill in the end all it does it just slightly lower the time it takes to max your stats. But I guess if you don't like grinding its pretty good and either way its better than underdog xD

Edited by terff

Well aptitude isn't that useful of a skill in the end all it does it just slightly lower the time it takes to max your stats. But I guess if you don't like grinding its pretty good and either way its better than underdog xD

It's vital for Lunatic especially as it makes your character catch up to the enemies level. But it isn't that big of a deal if you grind anyway.

It's vital for Lunatic especially as it makes your character catch up to the enemies level. But it isn't that big of a deal if you grind anyway.

Not vital, no, though if you do manage to drag Donnel along long enough to get it it helps a lot. I usually only get it on Owain/Brady/Inigo because then I can use staves/dancing to build support and keep that wimp far from combat.

On topic, I've occasionally forgotten to pass small things when support grinding that cost a minute or two due to needing to be more careful in fights, but never anything that truly maters (and if I did, I have plenty of backups). I think my biggest gaffe was passing someone Slow Burn once. I also sometimes neglect passing proper skills during nogrind runs when I know it isn't feasible to get them (DS+ for Owain, Lck+4 for Inigo, etc), but those times are intentional.