Playing Maniac Mode

It´s too bad that there aren´t many playtroughs of this mode. I would really like to watch a low turn run. Currently on chapter 11. Here are some of my thoughts:

- Enemies in early game aren´t 2RKOed or 3HKOed by Ike and Oscar, as they have like 2 HP, 1 Def and 1 Str, 1 Spd (so 2 AS) more. Titania still steamrolls all of them.

- Less BEXP really hampers your units. You still can gain 700 BEXP for chapter 10 stealth, but you need a promoted Oscar if you want it in within reasonable turns. I assume you could still have an uber Marcia in a low turn run, if you really try.

-SF doesn´t have a shop list, so I´m making one. It seems to be a bit more generous than in Hard Mode. You get steel weapons and 1-2 range weapons more often. But I only saw four shops, so who knows.

-Being able to forge steel and 1-2 range from the start is a great help. I spend every chapter with a ~6000 forge, you have enough money anyways.

-Using an angel robe in the base increases your max HP, but not your current HP.

- I record my run, but it isn´t really watchable. I´m a slow player and tank and stall. I did try a low turn stealth run of chapter 10, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOnJQQb2gtU

Stealth, all chest, all units recruited, 15 turns.

It was tough, as the prisoners had to escape the map to be recruited. Letting Kieran escape without waiting for ages was a tough job. Let me know, if one could improve this significantly.

Wow, this was impressive!

I cannot tell any improvement suggestions. I think, it was perfect!

What he said.

Never seen Maniac before. Looks really fun. Maniac 0% growths would be especially entertaining to me (I love 0% growths runs).

Nice work so far. Maniac FE9 is one of my favorite modes of the series, so it's cool to see others experiencing it. My small bit of advice is to buy Pure Water when it becomes available.

I'm getting back to my efficiency run of Maniac (might even record), but I'm distracted by replaying other games. >_>